Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ataritoday
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0031 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 months ago

Beastie Boys was the top voted music pin in "Music pins that would actually be cool" I would love a Beastie Boys pin. If you would like a BB pin, what would be some great features, toys rules etc. that you would like to see in a BB pin.

The multi-ball that would have to be in a BB pin is... a Sabotage multi-ball. Maybe even with a shot or a combination of shots that would sabotage your mutli-ball causing it to end.

Also it would have to be in a cartoon character format like Foo Fighters

IMG_0031 (resized).jpegIMG_0031 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 months ago

Because I don’t think anyone will make a The Warriors pin (prove me wrong!) what if the story of Beastie Boys Pinball followed the same concept. Start off on one end of Manhattan, fight off sucker MC/gangs, ride trains, and make it back to Brooklyn for the No Sleep Till Brooklyn wizard mode.

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because I don’t think anyone will make a The Warriors pin (prove me wrong!) what if the story of Beastie Boys Pinball followed the same concept. Start off on one end of Manhattan, fight off sucker MC/gangs, ride trains, and make it back to Brooklyn for the No Sleep Till Brooklyn wizard mode.

Warriors, loved that movie!!!! Warriors come out and Plaaay!

Like the BB concept. I think that would also need to be a space mission for Intergalatic.

#4 5 months ago

I’d love a Beastie Boys pin, but I wonder if it would ever happen. The B-Boys don’t generally use their music or likeness for advertising or other commercial ventures.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Warriors, loved that movie!!!! Warriors come out and Plaaay!
    Like the BB concept. I think that would also need to be a space mission for Intergalatic.

I was trying to avoid too many similarities to Foo, which is aliens and Saturday morning cartoons

But sure. At the end of the wizard mode, if you play it well, the stage becomes a rocket ship for Intergalactic super wizard mode. Why not

I have a lot of generic ideas for a hip hop pinball. Spinning disc turntables (maybe you can do a figure 8), 16 bar multiball where you drop your rhymes by clearing a 4 bank of drops 4 times, bonus points for flipping to the beat/on-time (almost like Crypt of the Necrodancer - they could bring back the Al’s Garage band vibrating flipper buttons), build up a hype meter where you have a PaRappa the Rapper like “u rappin awful/bad/good/cool” (JJP GNR did something like this).

#6 5 months ago

Also, I hope in a Beastie Boys pin they either do a Foo like original-cartoon treatment OR they license their music videos, because they made some great music videos

If we’re getting to 90s acts, we need music videos on the LCD vs concert footage. Hip hop shows are very fun, but maybe dont film great?

#7 5 months ago

How about 3 levels of pins: MCA, Adrock and Mike D? MCA would have to be the BBle level.

#8 5 months ago

Hardboiled cop theme based off of Sabotage

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

How about 3 levels of pins: MCA, Adrock and Mike D? MCA would have to be the BBle level.

They do got that (Mike) Diamond trim left over from the Beatles

#10 5 months ago

Ok BBLE: MCA tribute pin
    Option for premium: Adrock or Mike D
    Pro: License to Ill.

#11 4 months ago

Per Kaneda, the rumor is that Jersey Jack has the Beastie Boys license. Let’s go!!

#12 4 months ago

Can I be in charge of the music? It will be all Van Halen.

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Per Kaneda, the rumor is that Jersey Jack has the Beastie Boys license. Let’s go!!

Are you kidding me!!!! My grail pin

#14 4 months ago

I guess it would have to include Fight for your Right multiball, lots of ideas there…hit shots to “fight” until you light PARTY where all the cool stuff happens…Whatcha Want mode…use the flipper buttons to choose your shots maybe. How bout an interactive Brass Monkey sculpt of some sort? And no, it shouldnt eat the ball.

#15 4 months ago

Still think a cartoon theme would be so awesome, however smaller in playfield lcd that would show BB music videos when a mode is completed.

#16 4 months ago

Pin would be a must buy…

Maybe base it around Brooklyn…and new york from theme perspective. Although I would give sabotage cop theme the edge…gritty 70s vibe.

Intergalactic is also pretty cool…. Could go for that…giant monsters, etc…..makes me want to be able to replace Godzilla theme music with beasties now that I think about it.

Would you have live concert footage ? I almost feel like I’d rather see them goofing around on interviews for clips..

I think I want to hear music from every album….including the instrumentals.

It would need a prank phone call mode and have cookie puss playing

Have a b side mode where it plays some random b side song such as

So good.

#17 4 months ago

I want a ticker tape type screen where the lyrics just roll

How about a mode when you hit a spinner to scratch the record….to,make,music, have to time it…

#18 4 months ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Pin would be a must buy…
    Maybe base it around Brooklyn…and new york from theme perspective. Although I would give sabotage cop theme the edge…gritty 70s vibe.
    Intergalactic is also pretty cool…. Could go for that…giant monsters, etc…..makes me want to be able to replace Godzilla theme music with beasties now that I think about it.
    Would you have live concert footage ? I almost feel like I’d rather see them goofing around on interviews for clips..
    I think I want to hear music from every album….including the instrumentals.
    It would need a prank phone call mode and have cookie puss playing
    Have a b side mode where it plays some random b side song such as
    So good.

Omg. Cookie Puss pranks phone call… So good!!!!

#19 4 months ago

Need a 3MCs and 1 DJ multi ball. Keep 3 balls in play, scratch via a vinyl record spin toy to ramp up the points.

Playfield toys:
    Brooklyn cityscape scene
    Cop car from sabotage.
    Monsters from intergalactic

ChatGPT recommends, I like a few of them.

Sure, here's a toy idea for each Beastie Boys album:

1. **"Licensed to Ill"**: A miniature airplane that moves across the playfield, referencing the album's iconic airplane motif from the cover art.

2. **"Paul's Boutique"**: A rotating corner deli sign that changes as you progress through different modes, showcasing the eclectic mix of samples and genres found on the album.

3. **"Check Your Head"**: A spinning turntable that activates when certain targets are hit, symbolizing the album's return to their roots with a focus on live instrumentation and hip-hop beats.

4. **"Ill Communication"**: A skateboard ramp with a moving skater figure that reacts to gameplay, reflecting the album's skateboarding culture influence and the track "Sure Shot" which features a skateboarding theme in its music video.

5. **"Hello Nasty"**: A robotic arm holding a microphone that moves around the playfield, referencing the futuristic and eclectic sound of the album and its focus on experimentation with technology.

6. **"To the 5 Boroughs"**: A subway train model that moves along a track on the playfield, symbolizing the album's homage to New York City and its transit system.

7. **"The Mix-Up"**: A rotating jukebox that cycles through different genres of music, representing the instrumental nature of the album and its exploration of various musical styles.

8. **"Hot Sauce Committee Part Two"**: A giant hot sauce bottle that dispenses "hot sauce" (pinballs) onto the playfield when activated, referencing the album's spicy and energetic vibe.

Ok, let’s skip the hot sauce bottle.

#20 4 months ago

We need an interactive boombox would be awesome. Maybe it’s a physical ball lock mech. Load the cassette player.

There was some skateboarding in their videos along the way, maybe a skateboard park ramp of some sort.

Give me a call JJP. Would like to collaborate with you on the design .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.