(Topic ID: 120308)

Headquarters Beercade - River North (Chicago)

By dirtbag66

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

atlas.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God sent that stomach flu to protect you from your own poor decision-making.
    You have a chance now to not ruin "date night" forever.
    I suggest you take it!
    When you son gets better (and turns 21) take him to HQ!

Sounds like someone has a wife that is no fun AT ALL.

#28 9 years ago

Yeah they sure do. When I was there they had a tech working on a game during hours. He couldn't fix it on the spot so he wheeled it away and replaced it with a working game. Fantastic.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

The problem with barcades is your dealing with people who just don't get it. Your also dealing with the general public who can just suck from time to time. People can be so selfish and rude it's annoying. I was at hq with a friend of mine and our girlfriends. The girls wanted to play nba jam with us so we kindly waited for a few guys to finish a game and they went to start the next one, I said sorry but we are waiting, two of the guys said if we want the game we need to play them and beat them for it. I was annoyed because the girls just wanted to play but it pissed me off enough that we played them and smoked them for the game. I said next time someone is waiting for a game they do not have the right to make them beat them to get the game and they said yea whatever. I saw them do it to another couple later and the couple walked away upset about these two guys doing that to them. So the next four or so games they walked up to play, I needed to "maintain" and opened them up so they couldn't play them. They finally asked why I kept doing that to them and I said "it sucks when your waiting to play a game and some dick won't give the machine up doesn't it?".

hahaha. Well done sir. I get why they treated the NBA Jam like a pool table, I really do. But if a group just wants to play a one off game and you can have it right back, just do it so they can play.

I definitely think the guy that was playing four players on a pin and had people waiting behind him and kept playing afterwards knew exactly what he was doing and was a complete ass to do that.

If any barcade is crowded and people are waiting to play the pin you are on, you must give them the game after your current game has ended. Also, if it is busy and there are people waiting behind you, don't even think about starting a 4 player game to play by yourself. That is horse shit. Plus, I think it is dumb to do that anyway. This is how shows do it, and I think free barcades should be no different.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Are you sure you didn't dream all of this?
    Seriously, this sounds made up.

Yeah right man, this crap happens all the time. There are douchebags everywhere. I guarantee that happened. No class. I am just glad InHomeArcades whooped the idiots and sent them on their way.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Getting married in less that 100 days and thank the Lord that we pretty much are into the same things. She loves pinball, although she might get tired of me talking about it all the time and how machines have taken over the basement, and we both Love music. But I would do anything for her and she would do anything for me. I think that is the way it is suppose to be..

Sounds like your soon-to-be-wife and my wife would be best friends. She loves music and pinball (within reason haha I talk her ear off too).

We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary at the Wakarusa Music Festival in Arkansas this summer. Can't wait!

#47 9 years ago

That is cool, only thing we are going to see on the horizon is Mark Knopfler. However depending on Phish's summer tour we will probably go see them a couple of time or at least once together.

Nice. I got a couple lotus shows coming up and my wife will def want to hit phish this summer (her fav band)

#49 9 years ago

Let's just hope Phish comes somewhere close to us... Last I checked the rumors, closest place would be St. Louis or Alpine... Really wish they would make a return to Indy, however last time I was at Indy for Buffett they were coming down hard on anyone trying to do anything remotely close to vending, thus I wonder if that has something to do with why Phish hasn't been there in a few years, although I know it has more to do with amount of time on tour and where they can get the most butts in the seats.

Crazy. Everyone around here was pissed they didn't come to cincy or even Deer Creek last year. Sucks that the rumors are that this summer will be similar. Alpine is cool, I have seen Phish there before. Did two nights at Deer Creek and one at alpine a few summers ago. Fingers crossed this summer is closer to us!

#52 9 years ago

Yeah I always hit the River Bend shows, I like that place although if you have to sit in the Lawn those big pillars stink... The rumor for St. Louis is they return to the St. Louis University Arena which they played on a fall tour a couple of years ago.. I went and it was a nice smaller, indoor arena, wouldn't mind seeing them there again..

Sounds like US Bank Arena in Cincinnati. Way better phish experience than RiverBend for reasons you mentioned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/headquarters-beercade-river-north-chicago?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.