Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by royce6135
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

My-morgan.jpeg
    Unknown-189.jpeg
    IMG_0453.JPG
    Quinjet-MoviePhoto.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

The local college has an industrial 3d scanner and printer that I can use for making repo parts. What parts do you need remade?

#2 10 years ago

I don't REALLY need it although mine has a slight crack but I'm sure there are lots of folks looking for the Grand Lizard, Lizard head.

#3 10 years ago

If it does powdered metal (or lost wax), then the rings for The Shadow is high on everybody's list (and you could sell a bunch on Ebay to regular Shadow fans?).

#4 10 years ago

Use the 3D printer to make one for you.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

Yeah a lizard head would be awesome! mine is still complete but previous owner had machine in sun on the side of the machine a lot and it melted down a bit...

#6 10 years ago

It does do lost wax. We have a whole FabLab https://www.mcc.edu/FABlab/fab_equipment.shtml

#7 10 years ago

We have that dimension 3d printer at work. It does an OK job but looks unfinished unless you sand the part down. Something like the lizard head would look really rough. You need an Objet 3d printer. 3D scanning is such a let down, all it does is provide you with a template to redraw the model. At least that is my experience with our Roland 3d scanner.

#8 10 years ago

Step 1: Reduce the size of Wolverine from XM by 20%.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT!!!

#9 10 years ago

I know a lot of people are looking for a Dr. Dude "Big Shot" figurine!

#10 10 years ago

EATPM plastic skull please! No one seems to make these and many have asked. That would be a good one if it can be done.

#11 10 years ago

Quinjet and Helicarrier toys for Avengers!

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

Quinjet-MoviePhoto.jpgQuinjet-MoviePhoto.jpg

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Quinjet and Helicarrier toys for Avengers!

Unknown.jpeg 6 KB

Quinjet-MoviePhoto.jpg 46 KB

Those look like they might have a copy right on them Center, haven't you learned anything today?

#13 10 years ago

We definitely need the Helicarrier. The Quinjet we already have:

IMG_0453.JPGIMG_0453.JPG

#14 10 years ago

I'm sure the OP is aware, but as some might not.. this isn't like hitting a copy button on a scanner/printer. Scanning at best gives you a faceted part (depending on how detailed the scanner is), and perhaps some weird glitchy polygons here and there which will likely have to get cleaned up before you send it to the 3d printer.

Still, as 3d printers / scanners come down in price, or more universities and maker labs start buying this equipment it will finally become as mainstream as scanning / printing documents.

#16 10 years ago

I got an email saying that some of the Shadow rings are plastic and not metal depending if it was an early or late production.

Learn something new every day!

#17 10 years ago

Make the missing mountain mod for WH20... something, something, profit!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

this isn't like hitting a copy button on a scanner/printer.

Hell yeah it is, just need one of these.

Unknown-189.jpegUnknown-189.jpeg

#19 10 years ago

Pinbot vortex ramp!

I have an unbroken one to use as a model.

#20 10 years ago

I really need the Volcano plastic for a 1993 Gottlieb Tee'd Off. Can't find one. They don't make repos and without it the ball falls into the bottom of the cabinet.

#22 10 years ago

Hey there,

I am new here so "Shadow Rings" doesn't mean much.

I am a maker with a 3d printer. If you had images of these parts, a 3d model could be created - then the piece.

I am happy to make stuff, just need a few $$$.

#23 10 years ago

I'm currently printing mods for my TSPP.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simpsons-pinball-party-mod

Its a lot easier said than done.

Just out of curiosity what type of printer do you have access to?

#24 10 years ago

I saw your TSPP kwik e mart sign. I'm trying to find a good font, then I'm going to print myself one on our Pro ABS machine. ABS is pretty horrible for detail, but straight 2d extrusions like signs or brackets work well.

#25 10 years ago

I am using a Morgan design printer scara bot with two arms.

My-morgan.jpegMy-morgan.jpeg

#26 10 years ago

send me your email and I'll send you the CAD file for the sign. It'll save you a few minutes of modeling.

#27 10 years ago

Received.

What do people want ?
    Does this topic need its own heading?
    Your signage and saucers are nice examples.

There are a ton of printers out there, approx. 56,000, and many are sitting idle.
    It's all about the designs that come as STL files. This is what can be downloaded from Thingiverse and other sites.

A drawing can be a start. It may take some time to make a 3d model, but not too long.
    So, lets see some pictures of what you'd pay for. It does take some effort, but I assume a price can be negotiated.

It really can be an art form. Most of the time prints are in a single color and may be hand painted. With a little more effort, multiple colors in a single print may be posible.
    Come on, comission a work of art for yourself.
    Thanks.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Step 1: Reduce the size of Wolverine from XM by 20%.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT!!!

Im buying that damn thing is too big to shoot around sometimes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-industrial-3d-printer-and-scanner-want-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.