(Topic ID: 37314)

Has anyone here actually sold an ACDC Back in Black once they opened it?

By Kramer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
ACDCBIB292lp1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hi All I was just curious has anyone actually sold or traded an ACDC Back in Black after they opened it? I have seen several premium ones being sold or traded and even some Let there be Rock ones sold or for trade.I have never seen a Back in Black for sale or trade that was not still in the box.As I know there have been a few for sale or trade lately in the box.Just curious.Dave proud owner of Back in Black number 273(not for sale or trade)

#2 11 years ago

Quite a few have. I declined my pre order on it due to the cloudy cover over the lower playfield. That has been corrected with the last runs of the premium models. Being that the playfields are identical I don't see the much higher value for the different cabinet paint and backglass since both the BIB and LTBR LE models have the cloudy cover, whereas the new premiums do not. Other than that the only difference is the sub, which anybody can change over pretty inexpensively. Its a shame that the LE buyers got boned with that cloudy cover over the lower playfield.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Its a shame that the LE buyers got boned with that cloudy cover over the lower playfield.

I don't think they're complaining too much considering they can make thousands if they want to sell.

#4 11 years ago

check!

#5 11 years ago

Quite a few have. I declined my pre order on it due to the cloudy cover over the lower playfield. That has been corrected with the last runs of the premium models. Being that the playfields are identical I don't see the much higher value for the different cabinet paint and backglass since both the BIB and LTBR LE models have the cloudy cover, whereas the new premiums do not. Other than that the only difference is the sub, which anybody can change over pretty inexpensively. Its a shame that the LE buyers got boned with that cloudy cover over the lower playfield.

I have 292 and don't have a cloudy cover. I have wondered in the past if they corrected some of the issues with the later LEs. Unless this is considered a cloudy cover and they all look like this:

ACDCBIB292lp1.JPGACDCBIB292lp1.JPG

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I don't think they're complaining too much considering they can make thousands if they want to sell.

Selling would certainly take some of the sting out it. But for the guy who wanted to keep it forever it kinda sucks.

#7 11 years ago

I guess I should have stated in my orginal post has anyone sold or traded there Back in Black after they opened it and played it for short or long time.Also if they sold or traded it having nothing to do with the lower playfield window being a factor.I have Back in Black number 273 and to me the playfield window is fine.I really dont see why Stern changed the later windows.Now all they have did is make some that look real clear and cause a bunch of arguments over the orginal ones they made.They had to have made probally a 1000 or more (500 just of Back in Black and Let there be Rock)with the orginal process on the playfield.The game is so popular they would still be selling them with out the last several hundred being more clear than the early ones.If they wouldnt have changed the process there would be no arguments about the playfield windows and everyone wanting to know which run the game is from on selling a premium now.All the games from the first run to the current run would be the same.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Other than that the only difference is the sub, which anybody can change over pretty inexpensively.

The sub is actually the same between the LE and Premium.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I have 292 and don't have a cloudy cover. I have wondered in the past if they corrected some of the issues with the later LEs. Unless this is considered a cloudy cover and they all look like this:

Mine looks good too. I did see another one that was so bad,you could barely see the ball. I've had a ton of offers,but there's no way in HELL I'll ever sell it! I still stay up till 2 or 3AM every Saturday night rock'n it! Bring on Metallica LE!!!!!!

#10 11 years ago

What number Back in Black do you have WOZ225? Mine is 273 and also the owner of 292 said his is fine.Maybe the last Back in Black games are clearer looking than the early Back in Black ones.The one you said you could barely see the ball was that an early number one?

#11 11 years ago

No, no one has EVER sold a BIBLE.

#12 11 years ago

I don't recall any HUO BIB for sale !

Jim

#13 11 years ago

I have bible 25. Lower play field is fine. I don't think I would have noticed anything if it wasn't for this forum

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 11 years ago

One is FS on todays Mr.Pinball NIB $12500

#15 11 years ago

One pinsider made a big deal about the so called "cloudy cover" to attack another pinsider who bought some bib's. Yak,Yak,Yak.

#16 11 years ago

What number Back in Black do you have WOZ225? Mine is 273 and also the owner of 292 said his is fine.Maybe the last Back in Black games are clearer looking than the early Back in Black ones.The one you said you could barely see the ball was that an early number one?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 11 years ago

I don't think the number of it means anything. Some are cloudy and some are not. Had I known that any of them would not have been cloudy I would have kept my preorder LTBR. But the pics that came out at the time and the one I saw was cloudy so I cancelled my preorder. Got a premium coming out of the new run though and all of them appear to be fine. Even the cloudy cover was better than looking at the Angus Face on the standard though.

#18 11 years ago

No plans on selling mine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-here-actually-sold-an-acdc-back-in-black-once-they-opened-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.