Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I searched this forum first to see if I could find a schematic posted from a previous post, but no luck.

Upon turning on the game, the 1amp fuse in the cabinet is blowing. I do not have a schematic for the game, so was hoping someone who does could find what is linked to this circuit and post here for me. I pic of the circuit would be better! The game is at a friends house so reply's of my progress may be tardy! Thanks in advance!

#2 5 years ago

Upon your limited description I would look for a short in the general illumination, either a trace or a bad socket(s).

#3 5 years ago

The first thing to do is to buy a schematic. You can't expect to work on a game without one. http://www.pbresource.com/

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Upon your limited description I would look for a short in the general illumination, either a trace or a bad socket(s).

Thats what I was curious about, what that circuit is involved in. So all the GI works as well as the pops. What doesn't work is the two drains '100 points when lit' light. We disconnected the two lead wires(not the common) and the fuse still blows. So its still possible that the wire from those sockets to the fuse block may be grounded as well? May just need to buy the schematic, that light alternately lights between each other, so the gremlin could be where that alternation takes place. Just don't know which stack.

#5 5 years ago

Did you change any bulbs or work on anything prior to this problem?

#6 5 years ago

Apart from buying a schematic, I would also buy a few circuit breakers of 1, 5, and 10 amp values and solder their legs onto some blown fuses. Then you can at least test and look for your fault without having to keep replacing fuses.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

Apart from buying a schematic, I would also buy a few circuit breakers of 1, 5, and 10 amp values and solder their legs onto some blown fuses. Then you can at least test and look for your fault without having to keep replacing fuses.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Electrical_short_troubleshooting_Fuse_helper

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Did you change any bulbs or work on anything prior to this problem?

No, I came into this after the fact. But was told all bulbs were replaced and they looked it.

I love the CB trick, I use it in all my EM's. Thanks for the heads up though, Ill make one to assist in tackle this gremlin.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

No, I came into this after the fact. But was told all bulbs were replaced and they looked it.
I love the CB trick, I use it in all my EM's. Thanks for the heads up though, Ill make one to assist in tackle this gremlin.

Since all bulbs replaced, you could look for a bent tab touching causing a short...unless you know that after bulbs were replaced it did work. CB will save in fuses for sure. You could take out all bulbs and one by one replace till you find the culprit.

#10 5 years ago

Schematic ordered!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wild-wild-west-blowing-a-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.