Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hoov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello I bought a top score cheap. It didn't work at the time I got it. I cleaned the switches and adjusted the ones I saw needed adjustment. Now the scoring motor runs but the scoring reels won't reset. When I manually put them to zero start sequence finishes but ball doesn't shoot out to return lane . There other issues with this game but I'll take it one problem at a time. Thank you Sharpie

#2 11 years ago

Sharpie....heres a couple of great places to start if not familiar w/them already>>> http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

and another>>> http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Thanks to all those that have contributed to those sites.

Good place to start is to look at the start-up sequence and see where your game is failing. I would say that the zero postions on the score reel(s)are out of adjustment, but for all of them not to reset(having all the zero positions out of adjustment) may not be that common. Good luck.

www.Team-EM.com

#3 11 years ago

My Soccer had 2 score reels that were not resetting and it turned out that the switches in the player unit in the backbox were all gunked up thanks to liberal use of lithium grease at some point in time. I'm assuming you have a similar setup since yours is a 2 player Gottlieb about the same vintage, so if you've checked your zero position switches on the score reels, take a look at the switch stacks on the player unit. If I remember correctly, stack 3 was for player 1 and stack 4 was for player 2. You can manually advance the player unit to get the switches to open and close by pressing the coil plunger.

And by all means check out the links that Cash posted if you haven't already...tons of good info

#4 11 years ago

Agree with Old_Hutch. Score reels are the biggest problems for resets. Do your score reels "snap" back when you manually advance them? If any of your score reels appear sluggish you should probably clean them all. While you're doing them, clean the bakelite discs and apply a thin film of lube. Next, clean all your contacts on your score reel switches and compare all eight to see if they are operating correctly. Also, check the single switch on the bottom of the 3 score reels - last score reel doesn't need. I've found missing contacts and broken conductors too. This is a good place to start. I usually go through all my score reels and then clean all my steppers and make sure they're working good before I do anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.