(Topic ID: 232044)

Gottlieb system 3 transformer plastic shield

By whizz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240116_003254 (resized).jpg
    Gottlieb System 3 Transformer cover (resized).jpg
    Gottlieb System 3 Transformer cover Dimensions (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy Gottlieb system 3 transformer plastic shield or material to make it.Thanks

#2 5 years ago

I don't know anything for the plastic shield, but I do have a file on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl for the fuses on a System-3 game.
    Look in the Gottlieb red section for "System 3 fuse cards".

#3 5 years ago

I will.Thanks

5 years later
    #4 73 days ago
    Quoted from whizz:

Does anyone know where to buy Gottlieb system 3 transformer plastic shield or material to make it.Thanks

Did you ever find any information on this? I am also trying to remake this piece. It would be helpful to know what type of material it is. Kind of wondering if I could use a sheet metal brake and some heat to set it

#5 73 days ago
    Quoted from Time:

Did you ever find any information on this? I am also trying to remake this piece. It would be helpful to know what type of material it is. Kind of wondering if I could use a sheet metal brake and some heat to set it

I would avoid anything conductive. It was originally plastic for a reason.

You might be able to heat & bend PETG

#6 73 days ago

Hopefully these specs will help you out. I measured the thickness at .03 and the material seems close to the thin pet-g sheet I had lying around. This should work and you can bend it with a heat gun and some kind of strait edge: https://www.amazon.com/030-24-Vivak-PETG-Sheet/dp/B00I0C04U6.

Gottlieb System 3 Transformer cover (resized).jpgGottlieb System 3 Transformer cover (resized).jpg
    Gottlieb System 3 Transformer cover Dimensions (resized).jpgGottlieb System 3 Transformer cover Dimensions (resized).jpg

#7 73 days ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Hopefully these specs will help you out. I measured the thickness at .03 and the material seems close to the thin pet-g sheet I had lying around. This should work and you can bend it with a heat gun and some kind of strait edge

well thank you, thats super helpful! Have you tried to bend / heat treat this stuff before? and did it match up to the OEM sheets pretty well?

#8 73 days ago
    Quoted from Time:

well thank you, thats super helpful! Have you tried to bend / heat treat this stuff before? and did it match up to the OEM sheets pretty well?

I bent this scrap piece using my vise and a small torch, it only took a few minutes. It will definitely hold a 90 degree bend and it feels the same as the original. With a proper sheet metal break and some more prep, maybe scoring the bend line, it should be even cleaner.
    20240116_003254 (resized).jpg20240116_003254 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-transformer-plastic-shield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.