Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
0Jet-Spin-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Jet-Spin-Work-01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Jet Spin point relays (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

Working on a gottlieb jetspin, starting up te machine and can play the ball, but the score reels are not activating. When manual add point to the reel and reset the game , the reel fully resets to zero.
This problem is on 1 to 4 players game, . All targets working but do not activating the score reels ,
Any suggestions?

#2 5 years ago

Check this make/break:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago

Another possibility is the Score Motor 1C switch.
Jet Spin point relays (resized).jpgJet Spin point relays (resized).jpg
If that's stuck open none of the point relays would fire.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

No offense. But the posted diagram for the first switch is useless. Just look for a switch with a red wire on it somewhere??

I own this game and have fully restored it and have no idea where that switch is- I am sure I could find it with a little work but throw the guy a bone and provide a tiny bit more info.

https://images.pinside.com/4/6d/46dece64727181e77a7153c125df8e4fc593e077/resized/large/46dece64727181e77a7153c125df8e4fc593e077.png

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

No offense. But the posted diagram for the first switch is useless.

I would agree if the switch wasn't labeled 'R.'

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

No offense. But the posted diagram for the first switch is useless. Just look for a switch with a red wire on it somewhere??

I would agree if the switch wasn't labeled 'R.' That should make it easy enough to track down.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I would agree if the switch wasn't labeled 'R.' That should make it easy enough to track down.

For me no problem , i know where to find the mentioned switch on rel R, will, check it out tonight and let you know.
Albert

#8 5 years ago

Hi everybody ...

0Jet-Spin-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Jet-Spin-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Rolf,
Checked the switches on R, jonesplug and C1 scm and seems to be ok.
Started game , resets and gives ball in shooterlane. Al switches on playfield checked and working properly.
As soon as scoring playfield switches for 10 point , the relais in back box is pulled and stay pulled, also for 100 and 1000 points. The rel N M L are pulling and stay wnergized, nothing happens to the score reels
Manual score some point on the reel and restart, the reel fully resets on zero

#10 5 years ago

Hi Lambecka
to make 10 points when playing --- the N-10-Point-Relay and one of the 10-Point-Score-Drums work "hand in hand" --- when no 10-Point-Score-Drum pulls-in then the N-Relay will stay pulling forever - and heat up and burn ...

Troubleshooting: Take a looooong Jumperwire, connect from Switch on R-Relay, side wire-red --- connect to Switch on N-Relay, side wire-red (((NOT ON SIDE wire-Bl-Yel. Greetings Rolf

0Jet-Spin-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Jet-Spin-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Lambecka
to make 10 points when playing --- the N-10-Point-Relay and one of the 10-Point-Score-Drums work "hand in hand" --- when no 10-Point-Score-Drum pulls-in then the N-Relay will stay pulling forever - and heat up and burn ...
Troubleshooting: Take a looooong Jumperwire, connect from Switch on R-Relay, side wire-red --- connect to Switch on N-Relay, side wire-red (((NOT ON SIDE wire-Bl-Yel. Greetings Rolf
[quoted image]

Rolf did the test, but no succes no any movement of reels
Albert

#12 5 years ago

Albert, try checking the AX

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#13 5 years ago

If the playfield 10 Point contacts don't activate the 10 Point (N) relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with alligator clip jumper wires, starting with MarkG 's suggestion of the Motor 1C switch.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the playfield 10 Point contacts don't activate the 10 Point (N) relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with alligator clip jumper wires, starting with markg 's suggestion of the Motor 1C switch.
[quoted image]

Howard,
The 10points score relais is pulling as soon as 10 points on playfield are contacted, but it stays pulling and dont activate the score reel, same as for 100 and 1000 points

Alber

#15 5 years ago

Guys, problem solved!!!!
Sometimes difficult to find what the real problem is ,especialy when old machine was not running for years
But with al the given suggestions i decided to take off the N,M,L relais and cleaned and adjusted them all.
Builded together , started the machine and problem solved.
Thanks all of you for the support given
Regards
Albert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jetspin-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.