Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160421_093214_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160421_093208_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160421_093158_(resized).jpg
bpinside-problem-1_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Clean the H relay contact that feeds the Q relay. You say it works fine but....

If that doesn't work it's time to get out your jumper wire and start jumpering to see if you have a broken wire somewhere:

Attach one end of jumper to the WH-BLK common to the drop target switches and connect other end to:

1. the SL-WH wire on the Q relay: Q should operate

2. the MAR-OR wire on H. Manually operate H and Q should operate

See how far you get with that

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Neemox:

Thanks woz! So I went back and cleaned all contacts on H again, just to make sure, still nothing. Jumper WH-BLK to slate fires the coil, as expected, and jumpering to the mar-or makes the Q relay fire when I activate H.
I have good connections for the mar-or wire back to the score motor, (if I put the jumper from the wh-blk to the OR-WH-RED at motor 3B, I get the Q coil pulsing with the score motor as it should) but apparently no power getting to the switches that connect with the mar-or wires at the score motor from the bonus unit.
If I'm reading it correctly, if the drop target is down, that switch will let juice flow from the wh-blk wire to the appropriate color wire on the bonus unit, which then gets jumpered to the wires which run back to the score motor and meet the mar-or wires, right?
I'm not sure if it is important or not, but when I had the WH-BLK jumpered to the OR-WH-RED on the score motor (causing Q to fire), the bonus did not add for the single drop target being down nor the bank completed bonus.
I must be missing some critical circuit in the bonus unit or something.

Good work!

Do the A, K, Q J lamps associated with each drop target light? (Proves that the WH-BLK feed is OK on the playfield and to the drop targets)

Can you post a photo of the bonus unit? If the disk was out of alignment and the fingers weren't lining up with the studs that may cause these problems.

#8 8 years ago

That looks like it is out of alignment! Loosen the three flat head screws a bit and rotate the disk so that the fingers line up exactly with the rivet. As it is now, the fingers are between rivets which will cause the problems you are experiencing.

#10 8 years ago

I don't think I've ever been called a pro before lol!

I hope that adjustment fixes the problem (pretty sure it will)

#12 8 years ago

Glad to be of assistance I have a soft spot for High Hand as it was the 2nd EM I purchased way back in 1983

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-high-hand-wont-award-bonus?tu=woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.