Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Had an issue with score reels and repaired that. I have an issue with scoring that has me stumped. When a 100 switch is hit it scores 100, that is working. When a 50 switch is hit it scores up 450 instead of 50. Sometimes the ones will score more than just one. Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

#2 1 year ago

Sounds like the carry-over between the 10s and 100s is closed too much of the time. If you want to do further testing before pulling out the score reel, try setting to 10s reel to different numbers (e.g., 00, 20, 40, 50, 60, 90) and hit a 50 point target from each of those starting values. You may not get 450 in all situations. Directly actuating the 50 point relay is a better diagnostic than hitting a 50 point target.
.................David Marston

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the input dmarston. I will try these pointers when I get a chance and let you know what happen.

3 weeks later
#4 1 year ago

dmarston I finally had a chance to tinker a little. When doing the 50 point relay it still does 450. Always exactly 450. Any other suggestions?
Still looking into this. Thanks!

#5 1 year ago

What happens when you score 10 once or twice?

#6 1 year ago

When the 450 is scored, are the 10 and 100 point reels stepping in sync? To get 450, there would have to be one of the 5 pulses that does not get to the 100 point reel, while all 5 get to the 10 point reel.
.................David Marston

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flying-carpet-score-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.