2001-2 bg 009.JPG
2001-2 hd  004.JPG
2001-1 upp pf  021.JPG
2001-1 lwr pf 019.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just got my reproduction Gottlieb 2001 back glass in the mail today from Ron Webb - in short it looks amazing, and I couldn't be happier!

The photo does not do it justice, but here it is
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Congrats.
I have many Ron Webb glasses. They are all excellent!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 10 years ago

So, if he has done a glass in the past, you can buy a reproduction of it still? I would like to get one for my Big Brave when I get it done.

#4 10 years ago

Never mind, I see doesn't have that one. I must be thinking of the other place.

#5 10 years ago

I posted these in the "Show us your EM's thread already.
But since you started a new topic and I agree that Ron's work is amazing, here they are again.
Love my 2001 backglass.

IMG_0730.JPGIMG_0730.JPG IMG_0739.JPGIMG_0739.JPG
#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Congrats.
I have many Ron Webb glasses. They are all excellent!

Thanks, and could not agree more, as the new back glass combined with a new set of playfield plastics from Pinball Rescue make the game look fantastic.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I posted these in the "Show us your EM's thread already.
But since you started a new topic and I agree that Ron's work is amazing, here they are again.
Love my 2001 backglass.

Thanks - to see if a thread already existed, I tried a simple search of topics but got mired in the results when searching posts so decided to create a new topic - oh well.

I've still got some cabinet work and some planking on the playfield yet to sort out but not too bad for a 43 year old machine.

#8 10 years ago

I have to find the time to finish mine - it's just sitting there waiting........

My original glass isn't bad - I think I can live with it.

2001-1 lwr pf 019.JPG2001-1 lwr pf 019.JPG
2001-1 upp pf  021.JPG2001-1 upp pf 021.JPG
2001-2 hd  004.JPG2001-2 hd 004.JPG
2001-2 bg 009.JPG2001-2 bg 009.JPG

2001-2 cn dr  006.JPG2001-2 cn dr 006.JPG
#9 10 years ago

dave that is a really nice pf no kick out hole wear that I can see, nice bg to boot.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So, if he has done a glass in the past, you can buy a reproduction of it still? I would like to get one for my Big Brave when I get it done.

Not usually. Both of the silk screen repro backglass people (not talking CPR here) typically compile a list of interested people for a particular title. When they have enough interest, they pursue getting the glass made. They typically tack on some extras to stock for the late-comers that didn't know the glass has been getting made or find it via the listings on the website (or God forbid, ones that get destroyed in shipping). The sweet spot used to be around 35 glasses to make the maximum profit on each run. That number was typically based on how long the Silk Screen image would last before it started turning out bad results and had to be washed and re-exposed. However, it appears that that number has been reduced in recent years and fewer glasses are made available. So, there might be a bit less on return but much less revenue having to be put at risk for glasses that might not immediately sell out.

Some glasses get re-run but it is not very often if at all since it becomes very difficult for them to get rid off all of the glass. Niether of the parties wants to sit on a ton of glass waiting for years for someone to come along and need it. Even though they have to pay for new artwork for a new title, it appears to be more lucrative to run a new title than to keep making re-runs. There are, of course, some exceptions that have been re-run several times.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave that is a really nice pf no kick out hole wear that I can see, nice bg to boot.

I bought three 2001's from different locations about four years ago and put together one nice game, one that needed the playfield touched up (sold) and the 3rd had a pf with moderate wear (sold).

#12 10 years ago

Dave, there was a little wear below my center kick-out hole and I did a little touch-up to the paint in the red and green area if I recall. The ball lands into the center kick-out hole the most, and the two on either side next. The outside holes don't see as much action.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Dave, there was a little wear below my center kick-out hole and I did a little touch-up to the paint in the red and green area if I recall. The ball lands into the center kick-out hole the most, and the two on either side next. The outside holes don't see as much action.

That's funny. On our game the far left kickout hole gets used the most.
We always try and drop our red targets first because of it to try and get the best scores.
Game is perfectly level. Strange how things work out different from table to table.
We also put the yellow dot flipper coils in ours. We all hate slow playing EM's.
Our back legs are raised up for fast play and the flippers are good and strong to return the ball to the top.

#14 10 years ago

Another great lookin back glass
Pity he was won't ship overseas

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We always try and drop our red targets first because of it to try and get the best scores.
Game is perfectly level. Strange how things work out different from table to table.
We also put the yellow dot flipper coils in ours. We all hate slow playing EM's.
Our back legs are raised up for fast play and the flippers are good and strong to return the ball to the top.

The games I was talking about all came off route and the wear was the same on all three games. But, if you're aiming for one hole all the time I'm sure it would get more wear. You guys seem to have a system to beating yours.......)

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Not usually. Both of the silk screen repro backglass people (not talking CPR here) typically compile a list of interested people for a particular title. When they have enough interest, they pursue getting the glass made. They typically tack on some extras to stock for the late-comers that didn't know the glass has been getting made or find it via the listings on the website (or God forbid, ones that get destroyed in shipping). The sweet spot used to be around 35 glasses to make the maximum profit on each run. That number was typically based on how long the Silk Screen image would last before it started turning out bad results and had to be washed and re-exposed. However, it appears that that number has been reduced in recent years and fewer glasses are made available. So, there might be a bit less on return but much less revenue having to be put at risk for glasses that might not immediately sell out.
Some glasses get re-run but it is not very often if at all since it becomes very difficult for them to get rid off all of the glass. Niether of the parties wants to sit on a ton of glass waiting for years for someone to come along and need it. Even though they have to pay for new artwork for a new title, it appears to be more lucrative to run a new title than to keep making re-runs. There are, of course, some exceptions that have been re-run several times.

Thanks for the info. My backglass isn't terrible, but since I am doing a full restore on the game, it would be nice to have a cherry one I will just have to keep an eye out.

#17 10 years ago

Contact BgResto.com as they can help with your Big Brave.

Quoted from CactusJack:

#18 10 years ago

You can aim kick out holes. it's pretty easy to do.

Quoted from Arcade:

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

You can aim kick out holes. it's pretty easy to do.

True, but you can't move the actual hole.
For some reason the ball just seems to bounce in that hole much more than the others.

3 weeks later
#20 10 years ago

Well, mine just came in. It really is gorgeous! Even in such bad shape, I'm hoping to frame up the old one and put it somewhere.

IMG_20131103_220015.jpgIMG_20131103_220015.jpg IMG_20140227_165527.jpgIMG_20140227_165527.jpg IMG_20140227_165815.jpgIMG_20140227_165815.jpg IMG_20140227_165909.jpgIMG_20140227_165909.jpg IMG_20140227_165914.jpgIMG_20140227_165914.jpg IMG_20140227_171858.jpgIMG_20140227_171858.jpg
#21 10 years ago

Looks great. Thanks for the photos.
Yours really needed a new glass pretty bad.

#22 10 years ago

that has to be the worse 2001 bg i have ever seen.
I just replaced mine also. ron does great work.
mine was not to bad, but it is a keeper so it was given a new bg.
here is what i replaced

2001 bg-75.jpg2001 bg-75.jpg
#23 10 years ago

Yeah, it was horrible. Every time you touch it, chunks of paint would fall off. I bought the machine non-working and didn't have to put much money into it, but spent all the increased resale value on the backglass. Totally worth it.

#24 10 years ago

Herman...i love it !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-2001-reproduction-back-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.