Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by FlippyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'm a mod junkie and for the first time I have hit the power limits of a game. I've simply got too many things connected to my TOM and after booting and working for a few seconds it goes into a reset loop. I want to add new 5V and 12V connections and I want it to look like it came from the factory. A cursory google search shows there are many options.

What are some high-quality options? I'd rather spend $50 on an over engineered PSU than $5 on a flaky wall wart.

Not sure what my total power needs are because I'm still planning on adding more stuff so... the more the merrier!

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like you may have answered your own question. I'd just buy a cheap 5V/12V power supply for a few bucks and wire it into pinball life's power splitter board and connect all your mods there. Spooky runs there 5v/12v off a separate supply so it would at least look like it came from their factory.

#3 7 years ago

get a computer power supply, they need 5 & 12 regulated volts, and fairly cheap.

#4 7 years ago

I believe a flux capacitor will give you 1.21 gigawatts.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

get a computer power supply, they need 5 & 12 regulated volts, and fairly cheap.

Some of them you need to short the green and black wire to turn on. And some of them you don't want to leave shorted. Not as handy as they used to be.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sounds like you may have answered your own question. I'd just buy a cheap 5V/12V power supply for a few bucks and wire it into pinball life's power splitter board and connect all your mods there. Spooky runs there 5v/12v off a separate supply so it would at least look like it came from their factory.

Thanks for the info about the Pinball life splitter. Those are the kinda tips I was looking for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellbrook, OH
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-any-tips-for-adding-more-volts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.