• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2024 (resized).jpeg
#1 36 days ago

Recently restored my Getaway, full playfield tear down/new targets, leafs, etc, and cabinet swap.

Everything has been working fine and tonight had a friend over and we started putting back to back games on The Gateway. Probably 10 games in he calls me over and says the flipper is “stuck”, and we look at the cabinet leaf switch and we see the leaf switch looks like a pretzel. I straighten it out, put it back in, and I try it myself and it has a “pop” sound/feel and the leaf looks like a pretzel again.

So it seems as soon as the cabinet flipper switch is closed, it’s sending to much voltage between the contacts and makes it pop/twist (see picture below)

Where do I start troubleshooting this one? Visual inspection everything looks fine, including fliptronics board. This is for the right lower and upper flipper.

IMG_2024 (resized).jpegIMG_2024 (resized).jpegIMG_2034 (resized).jpegIMG_2034 (resized).jpeg
#2 36 days ago

Nothing to do with "too much voltage " on the switches. This is a fliptronics game, right? I'm sure it is in which case there are only signals at the flipper switches no high voltages.

It is more likely the switch is fouling on the playfield when you put it down. The clearance there is VERY tight and there might be an issue with the new switch you have used.

#3 36 days ago

I would straighten it again, pull down the playfield, open up the coindoor and film with a mobile phone, then press the flipper once and study the video afterwards in slow-mo to see what's happening.

As stated above this seems a purely mechanical problem, current wouldn't twist the leaf.

#4 35 days ago

Thanks so much for the replies, this pointed me in the right direction, I think I installed the wrong flipper buttons/too long, and they are pushing the leafs too far into my auto plunger. The “pop” I felt is probably the low voltage activating the auto plunger and mangled up the leafs! Ordering the proper buttons, adjusting, and going from there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-cabinet-leaf-switch-pop-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.