Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

I have a getaway11, want to know if it is hard to replace the post spring for multi-ball and if it will make stagger the balls...

#2 4 months ago
Quoted from bbk44:

I have a getaway11, want to know if it is hard to replace the post spring for multi-ball and if it will make stagger the balls...

"hard" is subjective. did you complete your 10,000 hour Master Certification in "Philips Head Screwdriver Training"?

just kidding. if you're at all handy, it's simply removing the mech from below the playfield, unscrewing the coil bracket mount, replace the spring, put it all back together the way you found it, reattach to the playfield, voila!. if you're not confident you can do that, find a local tech.

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

"hard" is subjective. did you complete your 10,000 hour Master Certification in "Philips Head Screwdriver Training"?
just kidding. if you're at all handy, it's simply removing the mech from below the playfield, unscrewing the coil bracket mount, replace the spring, put it all back together the way you found it, reattach to the playfield, voila!. if you're not confident you can do that, find a local tech.

Thanx for the response, I had read that a new spring would help with releasing the balls one at a time, instead of all at once, is this accurate?

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from bbk44:

Thanx for the response, I had read that a new spring would help with releasing the balls one at a time, instead of all at once, is this accurate?

that MAY help. it could be a number of factors that contribute to that. That's one possibility, albeit a good one. A spring is cheap so definitely worth a try. If that doesn't work, on to plan B.

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from bbk44:

depends on why they are all releasing at once. could be the spring is mushy and not reacting in time. could be the micro switch is slightly out of alignment and the machine doesn’t know how many balls it is releasing. or something else.

i chased down an issue with mine for quite awhile and it turned out to be the switch. basically just had to loosen the screws and re level it.

#6 4 months ago

In the getaway thread there was some other conversation about a post isolator being made up to keep it from deflecting laterally. Shrug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-2-disappearing-post-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.