Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which shot is better?”

• Gem 11 votes
      35%
    • Quorra 20 votes
      65%

(31 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gem-and-Garrett-in-Tron-Legacy.jpg
    tron-legacy-9934.jpg
    quorra-tron-legacy-movie-hd-wallpaper-1920x1080-4705.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Was playing a bunch of games and fixing Tron over the weekend and started to think...
    Which is the better shot, Gem or Quorra?

Quorra: Can set you for a few smooth Combos that will last a bit and has a spinner.
    Gem : Is just so murky and a quick chancy risk, but so overwhelming when accomplished.

What do you think?
    quorra-tron-legacy-movie-hd-wallpaper-1920x1080-4705.jpgquorra-tron-legacy-movie-hd-wallpaper-1920x1080-4705.jpgtron-legacy-9934.jpgtron-legacy-9934.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I think you nailed it.

Gem is the more satisfying shot when you make it cleanly on purpose but Quorra is the better game play shot as it preps you for Quorra MB, increases timers in some modes, sets up the ramp shot and also set's up a Gem shot.

#3 8 years ago

I don't know about shots but I voted for my favorite....

#4 8 years ago

I would be satisfied with either

#5 8 years ago

Gem is just a cool shot. I love that you can plunge it if you get it just right.

#6 8 years ago

I like to run the Gauntlet. Visit Quorra on my way to Gem. Combo is the only way to go!

#7 8 years ago

Man I'm a crappy player (still) but I can reliably hit Quorra. That said, I enjoy when I aim for it and nail it. The Gem shot it 75% made accidentally so I don't get satisfaction. Just surprise.

#8 8 years ago

Both are satisfying shots, and functionality-wise Quorra is much more useful, however I had to vote for Gem because nailing it straight on is by far the most satisfying shot in pinball to me.

#9 8 years ago

I voted Quorra as the Gem shot is too much of a fluke and too hard to be able to hit reliably on any sort of a consistent basis.
    Yes, Gem may be more satisfying but Quorra has its own form of uniqueness and triggers an awesome multi-ball whereas Gem gives a pretty weak jackpot award. In short, Quorra all day. In fact, Gem is so frustrating for some, one pinsider described drilling out the ramp so he could move the E in the ZEUS targets out of the way so he could hit Gem more reliably - any shot that generates such disdain is either AWESOME -or- AWFUL - you decide for yourself...

#10 8 years ago

I'm going with Gem.
    Only because she is just so hard to get to after all the time I put in.
    The Quorra feed to Gem is an outstanding shot to accomplish. I guess I need to put more time on it and try to find a marking on the playfield next to the 3rd flipper that will give me the smooth "go to" for Gem when the recognizer is down.
    It's challenging to be hangin for SOS and trying to force the shot to Gem.

Usually, I'm a firm believer in "If she's smiling, keep going," but Gem is just one that is so elusive.
    Gem-and-Garrett-in-Tron-Legacy.jpgGem-and-Garrett-in-Tron-Legacy.jpg

#11 8 years ago

They make an excellent combo and I love them both, however, my avatar indicates where my heart lies. Since I can't have PattyJ I guess I will "settle" for Gem.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

increases timers in some modes

What? Where did that come from? I'm pretty sure that's NOT the case, and the only thing that might increase a mode timer is the mystery award at the scoop.

#13 8 years ago

I can't recall which all ones it increase but I'm 99% that it increases the timer while in the Chase Gem mode. I use it as a combo shot to keep from running out of time while in that mode and to give myself a better chance at hitting the shot vs trying to craze it off a post or shoot the rebound shot off the Tron targets (pro only).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gem-or-quorra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.