Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Betting it'll top out around $3.6k.

for his sake, i hope it does better than that! I know my bid won't hold.

#52 12 years ago

Math time. I don't know much about real Ebay fees. This is what I think I came up with...

At most, $100 "insertion fees" for Ebay for an auction type sale.

Paypal 2.9% plus some silly little extra fee (less than $1?)

So $3000 - 2.9% (84) - 100 - (piddly fee) 1 = 2812?

Is that about right?

#53 12 years ago

I'm thinkin' it'll hit about $4.5k myself....

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Math time. I don't know much about real Ebay fees. This is what I think I came up with...
Is that about right?

Nope... ebay changed it's fee structure last year. they made listing items incredibly cheap, but final value fees much higher. I don't remember the exact percentage, as I sell rarely on there, but figure with Ebay and Paypal fees, about 13-14% of final auction price....That is why there are tons of overpriced BIN on there, the fee structure is completely different. Ebay is trying to be like Amazon, except they are doing a really crappy job at it.

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The_Gorilla said:

Is that about right?
Nope... ebay changed it's fee structure last year. they made listing items incredibly cheap, but final value fees much higher. I don't remember the exact percentage, as I sell rarely on there, but figure with Ebay and Paypal fees, about 13-14% of final auction price....That is why there are tons of overpriced BIN on there, the fee structure is completely different. Ebay is trying to be like Amazon, except they are doing a really crappy job at it.

Correction, looking at their fees now, it looks like 100 is max..... Good to know.... the machine I sold was around 400.00 and the final fees were like 53.00.... it was insane... good to know it is capped.

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Is that about right?

I think that 's spot on, once an auction item goes over something like $1000 its a fee of $100, the 13-14% applies to buy it now

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

ralphwiggum said:

The_Gorilla said:
Is that about right?
Correction, looking at their fees now, it looks like 100 is max..... Good to know.... the machine I sold was around 400.00 and the final fees were like 53.00.... it was insane... good to know it is capped.

Dang... kind of screwed up all over ... If you have a reserve, then my previous statement stands. (If the reserve is met)...

#58 12 years ago

With the way Ebay auctions have been going lately, it almost seems feasible to sell all of my machines on Ebay, buy back the same games from someone else and have money left over? lol

Not doing it. No way! But.....

#59 12 years ago

Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse off of ebay. STTNG is sold and paid for.

Thanks guys.

#60 12 years ago

I'm glad you got a good price even though you offered the game up for $3K and I think you should have honored that.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm glad you got a good price even though you offered the game up for $3K and I think you should have honored that.

Did you arrange payment with him before he listed it on ebay? If not, you have no beef. Keep in mind that i was also the high bidder on his auction and I'm "ok" with what he did. Money talks, $hit walks.

#62 12 years ago

I don't have a beef. I was just expressing my opinion that if you offer something for sale at a price that is reasonable, you should stick by it. I stand by that.

#63 12 years ago

Fair enough, but i don't fault him for putting it on ebay.

#64 12 years ago

I understand that as well.

Quoted from davewtf:

Fair enough, but i don't fault him for putting it on ebay.

#65 12 years ago

Hey guys, my initial price was low because I hadn't been keeping up with prices on these lately. Thanks to a nice member, I realized this and listed it on Ebay. The offer I ended up taking was almost 1k over what I was asking. I am glad that I was informed, so that I wouldn't feel taken advantage of later.

I apologize to those who feel that I should have honored my original price, but I just couldn't let the extra money go.

Thanks again.

#66 12 years ago

Webfart don't apologize for that shit. You offered it here and elsewhere for $3k, NO ONE PAID, and then put it on ebay and got more. BFD!

#67 12 years ago

Jalpert, your sour grapes over this sale is so transparent, it's almost laughable. You bitched and moaned earlier in the thread and now you're basically dragging webfart/loudknocker through the dirt because he didn't firesale price it to you.

#68 12 years ago

How can I have sour grapes over something that wasn't even a possibility? I asked for pics, they never came, then the game was gone.

I'm not dragging anyone "through the dirt" the entire thread is up for people to make up their own minds.

You make it sound like this guy is some newb who was going to be taken advantage of. There is no doubt he had an overwhelming response but his price wasn't crazy low. Sometimes when you deal with Ebay you get top dollar, if that's what you're looking for post it on ebay.

My point is, he sounded so frustrated about all the "tire kickers" that he has since removed from his posts. What about the sellers who offer up items, just to retract the offer, then post on ebay just to pull the auction? How can you possibly be justified in bitching about nobody forking over cash in 1 day and then pull that shit?

Nobody forked over cash because the pictures sucked.

Quoted from davewtf:

Jalpert, your sour grapes over this sale is so transparent, it's almost laughable. You bitched and moaned earlier in the thread and now you're basically dragging webfart/loudknocker through the dirt because he didn't firesale price it to you.

#69 12 years ago

sour grapes.

#70 12 years ago

Yes, that was my listing. You reminded me to take it down, I'm no longer in the market for a STTNG. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sttng-and-afm-in-minneapolis/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.