• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by srmonte
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pump.jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Nobody is whining about what the op was offering his game for. It is the regular price pumping that goes on which only serves to cost everyone more that was brought up.
What needs to be understood is that pinball while an exciting and unique hobby that can become intoxicating at times is not a hobby of rare games. Pinball machines are not rare! There are hundreds of thousands of them. If you what a title you can buy one. Just post a want ad and you will get multiple offers to sell for any title!
Here's an exercise: Let's look at the pinball collector today. With the use of computers and the internet most it would seem would find this and other pinball resources online, most not all would want to participate. Lets be conservative and say that 50% of pinball home collectors like you and I are members of this forum. Now lets go to the top 100 list pick any game (with the exception of a few such as BBB and CC) look at the number of games produced, number of games in collector hands and the number in the public. In most cases less than 8% are accounted for now multiple by 2 to include that other 50% and you still have 84% of a games production unaccounted for.
With price pumping what inevitably occurs is that ops will hold games not knowing when is the right moment to sell. This impacts both commercial and residential. In addition buyers "perceive" rarity and falsely assume that this is a good deal because prices "always move up" and purchases the game thus perpetuating the cycle of price inflation based of perception.
So just relax take a deep breath let the op ask what he wants for the game and resist the urge to pump is just a pinball game not some rare antiquity.

Post a want ad and you will get multiple offers for a title? I posted a want ad on pinsde and rgp for a mb two days ago. Not a single response.

#52 11 years ago

I got to help actionjsic pick this beauty up on Friday from Shaun's house. It's a nice machine, especially for one that saw some good time on route. It will clean up nicely.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

If you what a title you can buy one. Just post a want ad and you will get multiple offers to sell for any title!

No way do "games wanted" ads work. It's a sellers market.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Here's an exercise: Let's look at the pinball collector today. With the use of computers and the internet most it would seem would find this and other pinball resources online, most not all would want to participate. Lets be conservative and say that 50% of pinball home collectors like you and I are members of this forum. Now lets go to the top 100 list pick any game (with the exception of a few such as BBB and CC) look at the number of games produced, number of games in collector hands and the number in the public. In most cases less than 8% are accounted for now multiple by 2 to include that other 50% and you still have 84% of a games production unaccounted for.

You seem to like statistics. Did you know that 68% of all stats are made up right on the spot.

#55 11 years ago

I'm 110% sure that isn't true.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I'm 110% sure that isn't true.

Oh, it's true 100% of the time, 50% of the time.

#57 11 years ago

Gentlemen, it was awesome having you come by. I am glad you are happy with the game. I always try to very accurately describe a game, but I have been told many times that I am very picky about a games condition. Enjoy my friends

Shaun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-monster-bash-in-slc-ut-750000-obo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.