96f892ba09099ab475f56b31f0eefe50 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230919_030545946.jpg
PXL_20230919_030542982.jpg
PXL_20230919_030538326.jpg
PXL_20230919_030659601.jpg
IMG_20200127_115815.jpg
PXL_20221016_001708083.MP.jpg
IMG_20200127_113231.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Honestly I think the price is too low... I had an offer of $50K for mine when the market was scorching and I almost took it. No regrets as I have no intentions of ever selling it but the reality is it's a rare game that's extremely fun and completely full of stuff.
PLEASE JJP FINISH THE DAMN CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no pinball machine on earth I wouldn't sell for 50k. Who is this rich moron you speak of, maybe you can forward his info to op?

Quoted from jeffro01:

This place is so fucking childish sometimes... I get downvoted for absolutely no reason other than I passed up an offer? JFC... Some of you need to get a life.

Because you can't say something bat shit insane and expect us to not react.

#52 5 months ago

Dang - 50 posts - I thought this was going to be an interesting discussion. But alas...it's not.

POTCCE is an expensive game - has been for many years. It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. I'm sure the OP is open to offers...

#53 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just some poor bastard

I beg to differ.

#54 5 months ago

I never ate at a Long Johns Silver, but Im craving it right now.

#55 5 months ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

GLWS. Please don't listen to these misinformed they don't know what they're talking about Jack has stated numerous times it won't be rerun they don't have the license they can't use Johnny Depp and they're moving on but the peanut gallery always has their comments..

I would cut the peanut gallery and more importantly Jack some slack! what was Jack supposed to say right now while he’s desperately trying to sell Elton John, “hey everyone we will be re running POTC soon, so just hold onto your cash”. He would basically be telling people not to buy his current offering, you can’t blame the man he was backed into a corner.

#56 5 months ago

The real question is who was the uniformed dope that offered $50k for this game?

If you took the $50k from that dummy, you could have bought another one for $30k and stuck $20k in your pocket.

I don’t buy games to sell them either so I get the sentiment. And POTC is a great “collectible”

#57 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The real question is who was the uniformed dope that offered $50k for this game?

Somewhat surprised you have not run into the "50k basically falls out of my pockets when I reach in" types, since even lowly I have.

#58 5 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Somewhat surprised you have not run into the "50k basically falls out of my pockets when I reach in" types, since even lowly I have.

Yeah I don’t know of anyone that would offer $50k for any kind of pinball machine.

GLWS Benbethel, I’m sure you’ll find a good buyer. Maybe the guy that offered $50k will resurface

#59 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I don’t know of anyone that would offer $50k for any kind of pinball machine.
GLWS Benbethel, I’m sure you’ll find a good buyer. Maybe the guy that offered $50k will resurface

With his friends, Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

#60 5 months ago
IMG_0212.gifIMG_0212.gif
#61 5 months ago

31k for a mid game? lmao. This is a hobby, it isn't a 401k.

#62 5 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

31k for a mid game? lmao. This is a hobby, it isn't a 401k.

You're right. Two of my pins have tripled in value compared to what I paid for them 10 years ago. Can't say anywhere near that about my 401(k).

#63 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never ate at a Long Johns Silver, but Im craving it right now.

They have the best seafood on the island but ultimately you have to judge for yourself...

61a3cd7d-1125-4003-bad5-7547c4f97713_screenshot (resized).jpg61a3cd7d-1125-4003-bad5-7547c4f97713_screenshot (resized).jpg
#64 5 months ago

The crazy part is I really don't think OP's asking price is that out of line. I mean.. It is...but like this does seem to be kind of the realm these games have been selling in. Even if he doesn't get all 32k in todays market it will still be one extremely expensive pinball machine. I wish the OP nothing but good luck on his sale. It'll be a very interesting data point to see how this does.

#65 5 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

You're right. Two of my pins have tripled in value compared to what I paid for them 10 years ago. Can't say anywhere near that about my 401(k).

You haven’t invested wisely the past 10 yrs.

#66 5 months ago

His asking price is right inline with the other three Pirates CEs listed in Pinside. It's a rare machine that will likely never be remade, someone might want it badly enough. Batman Super LE and Big Bang Bar are also stupid expensive, but there's a reason for that and it is what it is. I actually ordered a Pirates LE because I preferred the art package over the CE back in 2018, but wishing now I'd also ordered a second CE game, ha ha. No plans to sell my LE, it's such a great game and there's still hope newer code might come at some point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#67 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

His asking price is right inline with the other three Pirates CEs listed in Pinside. It's a rare machine that will likely never be remade, someone might want it badly enough. Batman Super LE and Big Bang Bar are also stupid expensive, but there's a reason for that and it is what it is. I actually ordered a Pirates LE because I preferred the art package over the CE back in 2018, but wishing now I'd also ordered a second CE game, ha ha. No plans to sell my LE, it's such a great game and there's still hope newer code might come at some point.[quoted image]

If JJP can't be bothered to upgrade the code on GnR they ain't working on Pirates...

1 month later
#68 4 months ago

You’re holding out for $500 dollars??? You should of took the $28k offers

#69 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

You’re holding out for $500 dollars??? You should of took the $28k offers

That was my first thought as well. The way the prices are dropping lately, he better put the 28k in his pocket and be happy.

#70 4 months ago

You’ve had $28k offers, but you list it for $28,500 OBO? You must not have majored in finance.

#71 4 months ago

The price debate on this game reminds me of an old saying I’ve heard. “A fool and his money are soon parted”.

#72 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Batman Super LE and Big Bang Bar are also stupid expensive, but there's a reason for that and it is what it is.

Yeah, look at the fs threads for Batman 66 SLE for $30k-$40k and there's just a couple posts like "beatiful game!" "GLWS!" and that's a massed produced game with a different trim package. Similar type of thing with GB LE and others too. POTC was actually a low production game all around. Whether the price is right or wrong, the drama here is just another Stern vs JJP thing.

#73 4 months ago

IMHO, one should never derail an ad. If you don't like it, silently move on. Anything other than positive statements is bad karma. The market will determine if something is "fair" or not.

#74 4 months ago

While a $50k offer is difficult to believe, I’d have to say it would be even more difficult to believe a guy wouldn’t sell it for $50k and then come buy this game, the exact same game for $28500!!!!

#75 4 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

You might want to review where your 401K funds are invested.

(I see Iceman pointed this out three posts later)

#76 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You might want to review where your 401K funds are invested.
(I see Iceman pointed this out three posts later)

There's more to the story as I've been self-employed the last few years and, thanks to covid, my contributions have been minimal at best. But they're all invested in different mutual funds. They're doing well, just not as good percentage-wise as my TAF and TZ.

3 weeks later
#77 3 months ago

Man this is a bargain. Someone buy this before I end up with a 2nd CE.

#78 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Man this is a bargain. Someone buy this before I end up with a 2nd CE.

Might be compared to earlier trends, but I remember when these sat unsold for 12k, so it’s still twice what it sold for not that long ago and it’s used.

I still want one though!

#79 3 months ago
Quoted from Bud:

Might be compared to earlier trends, but I remember when these sat unsold for 12k, so it’s still twice what it sold for not that long ago and it’s used.
I still want one though!

Me too. I'm in if it ever drops to $21k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-17/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.