Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gutz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm having some trouble with my first pin, Fish Tales. I'm having an issue with the Caster's Club. When the ball is shot into the caster's club, it knocks it to the reel to lock the ball. The issue is that as soon as I shoot into the caster's club, it sends the ball down the track to the reel (which works), but it also ends my ball (its like I lost it down the middle or something even through it is in the reel lock mechanism). I think it is suppose to shoot the ball to the reel and spit another ball to the launcher. When it ends my ball, it doesn't show up in the launcher.

I've poked around the forums and I didn't see the issue. I did clean the opto's on the reel section. I looked for loose solder joints, but no luck. I did test it out alot, and I found that if I put the ball into the caster's club gently, it works (ball goes to the reel, new ball to the launcher). If I have a nice forceful shot into the caster's club, I get the problem.

It almost seems like it isn't sending the ball to the launcher and counting the one that it should have sent as a lost ball. I'm not sure the issue is actually in the caster's clubhouse.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Pie

#2 8 years ago

I had a similar problem. Check the switch on the entrance ramp to the reel. It counts the balls.

#3 8 years ago

I did check the switch to the reel, it counts properly. I think my issue is with the ball popper switch, I"m just not sure how that would cause it to lose the ball and start another one. The reel mechanism is working.

I think there might be something wrong with the switch on the ball popper. I did test it with the switch matrix and it works for that. I'm not sure.

Are there any other things I should check?

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

I didn't look at the SW matrix but perhaps you're right if that popper switch is on the same matix as a trough switch?

#5 8 years ago

Ball Popper = sw 47
trough 32 = sw 17
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Williams_Fish_Tales_Tech_Chart.pdf
There could be a diode problem...

#6 8 years ago

Do you have the proper number of balls in the game? If not that could cause the problem you are having.
If the number of balls is correct it could be the drop target switch is flaking out or binding. If the drop is not working correctly it can cause problems like this. I had similar problems with JM and STTNG which both use the single drop to activate other switches which in turn causes other things to happen, IE lock a ball, start a mode, or activate the glove...

#7 8 years ago

If the ball is ending, it is the outhole switch (which is on the same row as the reel entry). Go into the switch test and see what switches are actually being activated while the ball goes from casters club to reel. Also check your trough and outhole switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club-mechanism-ending-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.