(Topic ID: 342691)

firepower credit & ball display only out

By Rock-Pin-Roll

7 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

put new mpu in dead machine and All score displays work great except credit and ball display are blank, it worked at first but didn't last long. anyone had this problem or know what would fix it?

#2 7 months ago

Credit Match display Out and 1-4 players displays functioning normal:

Remove credit match Master display check for broken leads going into board and glass

Nothing?

Bad glass Replace

#3 7 months ago

thanks, will try , thought maybe someone knew of a a chip or some common problem that causes this. trying to save time.

#4 7 months ago

Had the same thing happen on my Scorpion. It was one of the chips on the display control board. Didn't figure it out until I had butchered a perfectly good glass. The chips are very hard to find and expensive if you can, so I just bought the Wolfpacc displays. Well worth the money.

#5 7 months ago

thanks dgmartin, figured it was a chip just never worked in them before and needed to know where to start

#6 7 months ago

The Ic's that drive the credit match display are shared with player's 1 and 2 displays If an IC is bad garbage would be on the player 1,2 displays and credit match. the credit match is completely blank (no orange glow) points to a gassed display glass.

The glass can be removed and replaced without damaging it using the proper tools and methods.

#7 7 months ago

IC 11, 12 and 13 drive the 4 player displays. IC 4 drives the Master display. That chip is a UDN-6184 Gas discharge display segment driver, and they run at 100 volts. Easy way to test those is with a volt meter on the legs. You will notice a huge difference in the voltage at the legs if the chip is bad. As far as butchering the glass, I did that because I assumed it was no good. I desoldered one from the player four display which I knew worked, put it in and still nothing. It was after that I got out the volt meter and found the bad chip. Mangaed to remove the chip from IC 13 in one piece, put it in IC 4 and then the ball and credit glass worked. Couldn't find a replacement and now had one dead player display so I bought the Wolfpacc ones. Well worth the money and the cheapest ones are red, which works in a firepower.

#8 7 months ago

thanks for info , went with the wolf pack displays

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-credit-amp-ball-display-only-out?hl=pintec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.