(Topic ID: 34655)

Tron Rerun - February 2013?????? Is it happening?

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

See below from a Game Room guys ad on ebay stating there is another run coming for Tron????

Tron: Legacy Pro Pinball Machine

Stern is making another batch of these pinballmachines
in February 2013.

Order yours today!

Includes the Shaker Motor installed!

#2 11 years ago

lol here we go again!

#3 11 years ago

Stern is smart.

In between any downtime of new game production, they keep pumping out one of the best games ever.

#4 11 years ago

I hope so.. I want one.

#5 11 years ago

I still don't regret selling LOTR to get it. I need to get off my rear and finish running the lightcycle wires. UBER LAZY. =(

#6 11 years ago

i would love to know what the total units produced are so far. its good to see a game that continues to sell.

#7 11 years ago

Shaker installed!? The LE didn't have a shaker installed...wah!

#8 11 years ago

I don't see why Stern would not keep re-running it. They got the cabinet decals and 2D translite made up just for the re-runs. People don't care about the toys being different from original since they replace them with hallmark light cycles anyway. Just wish they would do the same with a few older Stern titles. I know they don't have the licenses anymore but would think it would be a small price to pay compared to how many machines they could sell.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern is smart.
In between any downtime of new game production, they keep pumping out one of the best games ever.

I agree: strike while the iron's hot.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I agree: strike while the iron's hot.

This particular iron has been hot for quite some time.

#11 11 years ago

Oh forgot to say, IF there's a rerun, I think I'd like to get onboard...
... But not if it is a cutrate version with bling simply left off. Only if it is complete (or with equivalent substitutions on the bling).

There are other choices out there AT THIS POINT that make me want to hold onto my money until I KNOW for certain what Stern is sending me if I buy a new Tron run. I don't want one missing a lot of stuff, frankly. Even IF I can get Hallmark ornaments. I'm not so blessed as to be wealthy enough that a pinball expense doesn't seem signigicant. So I want to feel like I am getting everything I paid for.

But the most important part about Tron: it seems to be a good player.

#12 11 years ago

I wish Best Buy would restock this then maybe I would be able to talk the wife into letting me get it with their CC and no interest financing... drat.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

I wish Best Buy would restock this then maybe I would be able to talk the wife into letting me get it with their CC and no interest financing... drat.

Yeah but at MSRP which is 1500 more than the vendors actually sell them for. Theres your interest

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah but at MSRP which is 1500 more than the vendors actually sell them for. Theres your interest

Buahah touche!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, but things change. Pins fall in and out of favor all the time. And while Tron seems to be a very, very, solid pin, it hasn't demonstrated yet whether it's One For The Ages.

Also no one can adequately predict the JJP/Woz/Hobbit effect (or Avengers/Star Trek/Metallica effects either for that matter). Lots of reasons people might be a little more tight-fisted with the dough next week than this week.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It really is that good.

I can think of a lot of old Williams pins selling for more money that are not nearly as good.

#17 11 years ago

I am hoping the "included shaker" is not there to mask a greater than $150-200 price increase...

I know what the MSRP supposedly is on this run according to one site, not sure what this translates into more real prices...

#18 11 years ago

If they are doing it, I think I make sure I'll get one.

#19 11 years ago

Would it be 3d?

#20 11 years ago

Doubt it. They made the 2D translite since they ran out of the 3D translites when they made the 2nd run (1st run with decals).

#21 11 years ago

Well well well.
So my spare pf is #748 (or close cant remember exactly) of 1100 and it was part of the first second run 2d.
So if my guess was correct they made 1100 pfs and so far built 200 we know of.
Very interesting.

#22 11 years ago

what's your opinion on the difference in price in a 2d and 3d?

#23 11 years ago

I dont think there is an opinion but i think originally tron 3d was 5300 shipped and 2d was 4800?

Someone correct my numbers if they are wrong

#24 11 years ago

My guess is a 3D translite would be worth 2-3x more than the 2D version.

#25 11 years ago

Tron 2ds can still be bought now right? Distributors have them.

#26 11 years ago

I picked up a 3d translight for $250 with the purchase of my 2D machine.... now have the best of both worlds... Better looking cabinet, LED display, and 3d translight. Only thing better is the LE, but Tom has mine....

#27 11 years ago

If this is true, it's interesting to me...

They make very minimal changes to the playfield between Tron and Tron LE, and after Tron LE sells out, the Pro continues to sell and sell and sell.

I wasn't at all interested in the Pros for anything since Tron because the differences are so dramatic, I'd rather not have the stripped down model. Makes me not pursue them at all, really. With Tron though, the fact it was so similar to the LE made me very interested in it. I wonder if the continuing Pro sales make them think about not making such huge differences between the Pro and LE models.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If this is true, it's interesting to me...
They make very minimal changes to the playfield between Tron and TRON LE, and after TRON LE sells out, the Pro continues to sell and sell and sell.
I wasn't at all interested in the Pros for anything since Tron because the differences are so dramatic, I'd rather not have the stripped down model. Makes me not pursue them at all, really. With Tron though, the fact it was so similar to the LE made me very interested in it. I wonder if the continuing Pro sales make them think about not making such huge differences between the Pro and LE models.

So long as they bring the level of the Pro's UP and not cheap down the LE's / Premiums and still expect the same amount of coin as they have been .

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

So long as they bring the level of the Pro's UP and not cheap down the LE's / Premiums and still expect the same amount of coin as they have been .

Iron Man which never got an LE model was as cheap as can be, and that hasn't affected it at all. They just need to make them FUN.

#30 11 years ago

They should do a run of Tron Premiums, I bet they'd sell a solid run at $6600, and there'd be more profit in Premiums for Stern than Tron Pros.

The ramp lighting, moving recognizer and drops? 1 motor, 1 extra coil, light wire...neglible cost increase and they could sell them at $6600.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

They should do a run of Tron Premiums, I bet they'd sell a solid run at $6600, and there'd be more profit in Premiums for Stern than Tron Pros.
The ramp lighting, moving recognizer and drops? 1 motor, 1 extra coil, light wire...neglible cost increase and they could sell them at $6600.

Would piss off the LE owners but I would order one in a heartbeat.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Would piss off the LE owners but I would order one in a heartbeat.

The LE's would still be LEs, though, and most only paid $5600 for theirs 1.5 years ago. (Only, hah). It's hard to see owners complaining too much considering the relative price Tron LE's change hands at these days. The 3d glass and I'm sure a few other things would still be LE only.

Stern would make a lot more money selling Premiums rather than Pros.

#33 11 years ago

No one has yet to confirm this???? I thought for sure one of you Borg Buddies would know the inside scoop.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

No one has yet to confirm this???? I thought for sure one of you Borg Buddies would know the inside scoop.

Stern is planning to do another run of Trons. Timeframe, pricing, and quantity have not been finalized yet.

#35 11 years ago

Thanks Mike! Was up at L&G on Sunday............That Hulk is a blast! What a beauty!

#36 11 years ago

Good to know it's confirmed. Now, time to harass my parents into getting me one.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Good to know it's confirmed. Now, time to harass my parents into getting me one.

I never said "confirmed" I said Stern is "planning" on running it again. That is the exact word they gave me. Plans can change or can be put off. This is why people get upset. If the plans change people will say Stern lied. It's not confirmed until Stern makes an official announcement.

#38 11 years ago

I'm not a NIB guy but Tron is really tempting me, they keep releasing it, I'll be honest I think just to get me to break the NIB thing. I was so tempted on the first run, then the 2D run, damn them.

#39 11 years ago

I'd probably finally sell my SM for a Tron or IM Premium.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Your parents?! If you're living at home, it's gonna get crowded in that bedroom with a 3rd pin (LOL!!)...

#41 11 years ago

I collected arcade games (and a couple of pins) for several years while still living at home. Our buddy Raymond has had 2 pins since age what, 16? It's not that crazy. Pretty cool actually!

#42 11 years ago

I want a Tron Premium cmon Stern

#43 11 years ago

Given the mod that is about to come out, you would think Stern would be smart enough to come out with a premium. They would make a lot more and would cost them practically nothing extra. People would easily pay the $2000 premium. Wake up Stern!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want a Tron Premium cmon Stern

Pro with ramp light mods coming out soon. Premium done.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Pro with ramp light mods coming out soon. Premium done.

Oh dear god no. You will sell the LE again...

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I am over 30. But I wish my parents would get be a pinball machine. ROFL

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Yeah, I am over 50 and wish I still had parents to buy me a pinball....

Dan

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

I'm going the opposite route. I'm trying to sell my DE Time Machine to my mom and her husband. LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/february-tron-batch-is-it-happening and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.