9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aP1010015.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Good connector and continuity between SB300 and MPU. I get an electronic hum, which reacts to the pot, but no sound. TP2 = 1.2, TP4 = 15. These should be 5 and 12 respectively. J2/J3 Connector or something else? Please assume I'm a complete blockhead when it comes to sound. I am exactly 1 for 12 resolving sound issues, and the one turned out to be a bad connector. Also, I am somewhat reluctant to just replace the caps, as the sound board (and the caps) on this game looks brand spanking new.

Thanks!!
Bob

#2 9 years ago

Wish I could help, I have the same problem, mine was working when I bought it and removed the mpu due to a leaking battery, after cleaning it up and reinstalling it now just has voice.

#3 9 years ago

WTF? I rebuilt the sound board connectors J2 and J3, and now the game blows the 3A fuse on the rectifier as soon as I power up. I verified that I wired everything exactly as it was on the rebuild.

Any thoughts appreciated. I am at a loss...
Any F2K owners out there that could shoot a picture of their sound board so I can double check correct wire locations?

Post edited by bobnatlanta: had another, related thought

#4 9 years ago

best I got just now - hope this helps.

Remove J2 and J3 - power up and check fuse

Plug in J2 and recheck fuse.

Plug in J3 and recheck.

Turn off power between each step.

Bob

aP1010015.JPGaP1010015.JPG
#5 9 years ago

Thanks! Helpful pic and suggestion. Of course, I'm out of fuses and traveling this week, but Now I have something to do this weekend.

Cheers!
Bob

#6 9 years ago

Well, this is embarrassing. Let's just say I now have a clear demonstration of the difference between fast blo and slo blo. And I need to double check when I'm pulling from my parts drawers.

Of course, the downside is that sound is still not working, other than the electronic hum. Time for some caps...

3 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Finally got around to replacing the caps. Voltages higher, mf the same as spec. Still no sound. Anyone have a suggestion for the next best thing(s) to replace?

Thanks!!

#8 9 years ago

Bump....lost....clueless...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f2k-speech-but-no-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.