Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Flippingr8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My Elvis Gold's right upper flipper is persistently erratic- some days it works, some days it doesn't. The right lower flipper is working fine, and I don't see any loose wires to the EOS switch on it or on the R upper flipper for that matter. When the R upper flipper isn't responding to flipper control inputs, sometimes it still responds to internal machine inputs like when the ball is captured by the magnet and Elvis says "come on, put it in the left loop" and flips that flipper a few times to show where it is. I'm not at all positive about this, but I'm wondering if the problem seems to be worse after a few games have been played rather than when it has first been turned on.

I did a coil test of the R upper flipper just now and it passed the diagnostic. But it doesn't work when I start up a game. Any ideas? Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Probably just the flipper button switch. The switch on the inside of the cabinet that the button activates is actually 2 switches stacked together. The outboard switch activates the lower flipper and the inboard switch activates the upper. Check to see the inboard switch fully depresses when the button is pressed. Adjust if necessary. Also clean the contacts. This is a common problem on Elvis.

Parker

#3 11 years ago

Thanks michigan pinball. That indeed seems to be the problem. I didn't realize that was a stacked switch, and that it was different on the right than on the left. No loose wires, and I cleaned the contacts for the upper inboard switch and it indeed seems to be working better. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/erratic-to-non-functioning-r-upper-flipper-elvis-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.