• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PapaJohn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0527171949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just got me an Expressway and I'm stoked, but the bell only rings for 10p. I see in the backbox there is a set of holes for a plug to make the bell ring for 100p and 1000p, but I can't find anything to plug into it. It's obviously supposed to have a wire with a plug on it for that feature, but it's nowhere to be seen. I don't have a schematic, so I don't even know what color wire to look for. Help?

Also, the expressway shot doesn't usually make it all the way across to the other entry. The mechanism is clean and smooth and the coil looks fairly new, but it only gets the ball all the way across about 1/5 times. The game is already hi-tapped. Should I get a slightly hotter coil? Any other suggestions?

Also...WTF this shooter rod? How do I get it out?

0527171949 (resized).jpg0527171949 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Might have to remove the complete plunger housing
then clip or file off the mushroomed end of the plunger
to remove and replace it.

That's what I was figuring...just hoping for a miracle

Any Expressway owners out there: Even a pic of the bell connection in question would help. I would also love to acquire a schematic and a backbox door.

#4 6 years ago

OK... I figured out how to jumper the bell so it rings for all scoring.
But it still looks like I might need a stronger coil for the expressway shot. Anybody else have this issue?
Also still looking for a schematic!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Include the Jones plugs, clean the male ends with scotch-brite pad. Also ensure the lock, tilt and game over relays are all clean and the gap is set correctly.

Did the Jones plug, but do the relays mentioned affect the power of the coils that much? The game plays pretty snappy right now, except for that one shot.

Quoted from PapaJohn:

Great game....real pinball, you know.

No doubt, Rainbow Trout. Been on my wishlist for years. A really hard and fun game tha just makes you keep pushing that button

Quoted from PapaJohn:

Anyway, the shot from the left side to the right side on the road won't be successful all of the time just maybe 75 percent of the time.

I figured as much. I was hoping the examples I played in the wild were just gimpy. But I'm batting about 1/8 now.

Quoted from PapaJohn:

You need to adjust the clear curved plastic under the plastic with the lady with the blue hair. That curved plastic will direct the ball to the other right side entrance.

I've been trying to do that, but successes seemed random. I've even tried lowering the back legs, so it's a tad floatier than I like, but that only helped a little.

Quoted from PapaJohn:

Not so easy to spell Expressway is it?

I got to A today!

Quoted from PapaJohn:

I did upgrade the flipper coils

The game was hi-tapped when I got it, so the flippers are pretty good.
I think I will at least try a hotter coil to see...

Such a fun game though, and totally stoked to finally get one. Are there resto backglasses available?

#8 6 years ago

@papajohn: I would love to play that Coney Island of yours!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-expressway?tu=fireball2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.