(Topic ID: 315204)

Ed at Great Plains Electronics

By johninc

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    0442EDC3-5493-4785-8A6D-71F3DE477FC3 (resized).jpeg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss, Ed. My condolences to you and your family.

#52 1 year ago

What terrible news! My condolences Ed.

#53 1 year ago

Sad news, my condolences Ed.

#54 1 year ago

Our condolences Ed. So sorry for your loss.

#55 1 year ago

So very sorry for your loss Ed.

#56 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss Ed.

#57 1 year ago

I'm sorry for your loss Ed

#58 1 year ago

My sincere sympathy for your loss Ed. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

#59 1 year ago

So sad news. Sorry for your loss Ed.

#60 1 year ago

My condolences to you and your family.

#61 1 year ago

So sorry to hear the bad news. My condolences Ed.

#62 1 year ago

My condolences Ed.

May her memory be a blessing to you and your family.

#63 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss Ed. My condolences to you and your family.

2 weeks later
    #64 1 year ago

It looks like Ed posted an update on GPE yesterday. I can't imagine what he's going through. I hope he knows that he has a big community that's here for him if he needs anything.

The second part of his update said he wouldn't be re-opening GPE until at least mid-July, if at all.

#65 1 year ago

That really is sad. Poor man, dealing with loss is so hard. Hopefully whatever he chooses to do in future makes him happy. Personally I'd like to see GPE continue, but his happiness has to come first.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like Ed posted an update on GPE yesterday. I can't imagine what he's going through. I hope he knows that he has a big community that's here for him if he needs anything.
    The second part of his update said he wouldn't be re-opening GPE until at least mid-July, if at all.

Man that is so sad. Ed, if you happen to see this, I would totally understand and respect your decision to close GPE, but I would urge you to keep it open. It is a valuable resource to the hobby but even more importantly it can help give you direction and fulfillment after a big loss. I have seen guys lose loved ones and kind of just lose all direction in their life, they kind of just don't have any outlet so they sit around and be depressed all day. I would hate to see another person go down that road. Not saying you're even that type of guy, just that I have seen it happen more than a couple times.

1 week later
    #67 1 year ago

My sincerest condolences, Ed. Do whatever is best for you and know that we will support you. I cannot possibly fathom your loss.

Shawn

1 month later
    #68 1 year ago

Ed, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 week later
    #69 1 year ago

Just went to order a few things… I guess I’ve been living in a hole and missed this. Ed - condolences to you and your family.

#70 1 year ago

Ed, I cannot imagine nor possibly understand and I hope to God I never do. I'm so very sorry to learn of this news. There's no such thing as a certain amount of time to grieve. Grieve often, because it means it was real and it's just another way of keeping their memories alive. Thanks for the help you've given me over the years.

1 month later
    #71 1 year ago

Gladvi got that last order in, gonna miss your work Ed. Thanks for all the fish!

#72 1 year ago

Ed,

Thanks for being a platinum seller and great resource all of these years! I wish you peace going forward.

#73 1 year ago

New update on the GPE website:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Thanks for everything Ed--we've all been appreciative of what you did for us all over the years to help keep our games going.

#74 1 year ago

No one else in the pinball electronics parts business could even tie Ed's Shoes. I will really miss his site but wish the very best to Ed. I kick myself for not checking out my last big cart when he briefly opened it for last time.

#75 1 year ago

Ordered from GPE many times. Ed will be missed for sure. There were a lot of things on his site I've never been able to source from anywhere else.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ed-at-great-plains-electronics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.