• Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-10[1].jpg
#1 9 years ago

i'm working on a wiliams wing ding, schematic is on its way. i do have some questions though, never really saw a game like this. first, am i correct in assuming you load 5 balls, or being an addaball, does it take more? it has a long ball trough with a bunch of roll over switches, like a gottlieb, but it also has a ball count stepper unit. thats what has me thrown, that it has both. if i load 5 balls, when i start a game it resets, but there is no scoring, no switches score. if i only load 1 ball, it will start a game and play , but when the ball drains, it goes game over. the ball count stepper is clean and free. the second switch in the trough that the ball hits when it drains is the one that causes game over. how do the trough switches work, in conjuction with the ball count unit ?

thanks

#2 9 years ago

Add a ball means you can win balls and not games.

Nothing to do with how many balls are in it.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

i know what an add a ball is, but that doesnt answer any questions. why so many ball trough switches ( that usually count balls used) in a game with a ball count stepper that counts balls up and down?

#4 9 years ago

Add-A-Ball and multi-player manual ball lift era games take one ball. Replay manual ball lift games take 5. That has been my experience so far. No apron window means one ball in this era.

#5 9 years ago

AlexF is correct. AAB there is only one ball in the game. There probably 2 switches in the ball trough. One to subtract a ball on the exit of a ball from the playfield, and one to open gate to let ball through.

#6 9 years ago

ZIG ZAG is the replay version of the game according to IPDB, and i found this image -don't know if it helps, but does your trough look like this one?

image-10[1].jpgimage-10[1].jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-williams-wing-ding-add-a-ball-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.