Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by marcos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ok so I have the DR on pinball arcade. When you start a game on there the gift of gab, heart of rock and roll, and the green one (forgot what its called) have 2 inserts lit at start. When I play my real Dr Dude I only have none of them lit only one of all 3 is flashing. My DR is on factory reset and I pretty much didnt change anything. I do know my pin german as it resets to german currency. Is the U.S. version the same as pin arcade?

#2 10 years ago

Also my dude meter saves from the last play. The settings are medium.

#3 10 years ago

I operate a Dr. Dude.

Factory/medium US settings prelight one light each on Gift of Gab, Heart of Rock and Roll, and Magnetic Personality. It was immediately too easy, so I changed it so none are lit.

The Dude-o-Meter carries over from game to game.

-Mark

#4 10 years ago

Awesome. Like the settings this way. Pinball arcade is incorrect then. Interesting.

#5 10 years ago

Mine only flash the first one. Once hit it stays on and the second flashes. After you have gotten them they just lite up solid with no flashes.

#6 10 years ago

Hmmm...I don't recall them flashing...but maybe I have stared at the game so long, I don't even notice anymore.

I'll check tomorrow or the next day.

-Mark

#7 10 years ago

Hey no hurry. Could be different rom versions. Not sure if they even updated them or not. Also the one in pin arcade has the blue apron. Which from what I have seen its the wpc 95 version. Which only 100 were made.

#8 10 years ago

The dud-o-meter on my pin lights one level each time you lock the ball under the ray after hitting the mixmaster. It'll say, "You're a whatever dude," depending on the next level to be lit. After that the lights stay on as the levels increase, until you hit superdude. After superdude the meter resets and no lights are lit until the ball is locked again, beginning the process all over. Mine is the system 11B version with white apron. Hope that helps.

#9 10 years ago

Every time a game ends the dude o meter resets when u start another one?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

No, like mentioned above the dude-o-meter doesn't reset every game. Every time you get multiball/excellent ray, it goes up one category. It will stop when it gets to Super Dude however and stay at Super Dude UNLESS you jackpot during multiball. Only then does the dude-o-meter reset back to the bottom.

#11 10 years ago

Mine only flash the first one. Once hit it stays on and the second flashes. After you have gotten them they just lite up solid with no flashes.

Mine does this. One solid and one flashing at the onset (which is factory). One you hit the target, the flashing becomes solid and the next one flashes, all three becoming solid when they're all hit.

#12 10 years ago

No. On my Dude, the level that was last lit, along with the previous levels, stays lit. As the game is played the lights stay on. The meter doesn't clear until superdude is reached. After that, the meter resets with no lights lit until the ball is locked for "regular dude". The process begins again.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Mine does this. One solid and one flashing at the onset (which is factory). One you hit the target, the flashing becomes solid and the next one flashes, all three becoming solid when they're all hit.

Unfortunately, mine doesn't do this. It would look great if it did. I don't know, but I may have an older chip in mine. I'll have to look into that.

#14 10 years ago

I will have to also look at my chipset and see what they are.

#15 10 years ago

Also I have never gotten the special insert to lite.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Yep, this is how mine behaves, I checked.

Also, like I mentioned, I changed the settings so that none are pre-lit; they all start with the first lamp flashing. Even on location play, the factory default for these is simply too easy.

-Mark

#17 10 years ago

Also I have never gotten the special insert to lite.

Does it work in the lamp test?

Special is randomly lit by the Bag of Tricks. I'm not sure if anything else causes it to be lit.

-Mark

#18 10 years ago

It works. Maybe I should check the games settings and see if it is even on.

#19 10 years ago

It works. Maybe I should check the games settings and see if it is even on.

Good idea...and/or with the glass off, keep nailing the Excellent Ray at the start of every ball, which will activate Bag of Tricks.

-Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunlap, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-dude-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.