(Topic ID: 349679)

Does your lady tool on your pins?

By Enchantress

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ECDC578A-F81F-4376-A6C0-EB23743B7B26 (resized).jpeg
    6705CFEE-06E8-461A-BBA1-9C43012D3AD9 (resized).jpeg
    4F5430D0-17F6-4211-9BD7-C443AEF7154D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0760 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 months ago

Curious if anyone's wife/significant other shows any interest on the maintainance side of owning/playing pins? Sometimes it's hard enough to share in our passion for playing, let alone wrapping your brain around an issue albeit electrical/mechanical then picking up tools to diagnose and remedy the problem. Fortunately my lady loves playing and is pretty darn good at keeping the playfield nice and polished! Baby steps....grasshopper

#2 4 months ago

Hell no!

At least if I need help unloading or pushing something up or down the stairs there’s never an issue.

I’m kind of a control freak anyway when it comes to shopping or restoring something.

#3 4 months ago

My wife helps me unload , but can't help load. Helps hanging art blades, and in places where my big hands can't fit .

#4 4 months ago

My wife will help with unloading and loading the pins. She will also help me with soldering and wire stripping.

#5 4 months ago

Thank goodness no. The only maintenance would be selling them.

#6 4 months ago

She's lucky she has a tool.

#7 4 months ago

Hell no, just plays them on occasion and counts the cash when we sell. Also steals some of that cash for girls weekends.

#8 4 months ago

Wiping glass and steel with a diaper seems to be a man thing.

#9 4 months ago

My wife helps me load and unload plus getting them in and out of the house plus when I need help she will always help

#10 4 months ago

My wife leaves post-it notes telling me what needs to be fixed.

#11 4 months ago

Wife helps with just about everything I need help on. She’s become a pro at helping me pack and move machines.

Sometimes I see she’s pulled the glass off herself and is fidgeting with something…that always makes me real nervous.

#12 4 months ago

Nope but she can get a ball stuck lickity split

#13 4 months ago

Has anyone said 'she'd like to stool on my pins" yet?

#14 4 months ago

Ill catch my lady with coin door open, and I know she's trying to find another setting to assist in her making the game easier for her to get her initials on leader board. She's completely stoked with our latest GnR settings. Is that being crafty or cheating? She's starting to learn the art of nudging, going to have to increase the space between pins before one ends up on top of another.

#15 4 months ago

She’s not even remotely interested in fixing anything in the house, let alone my games. But, she is always down to help if I need a hand moving or holding anything while I’m working on them. She’s helped me get countless games up and down the super steep and sketchy stairs of our old apartments.

My cat on the other hand.. she’s always trying to help.

IMG_0760 (resized).jpegIMG_0760 (resized).jpeg
    #16 4 months ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

She’s not even remotely interested in fixing anything in the house, let alone my games. But, she is always down to help if I need a hand moving or holding anything while I’m working on them. She’s helped me get countless games up and down the super steep and sketchy stairs of our old apartments.
    My cat on the other hand.. she’s always trying to help.
    [quoted image]

Post your pic in the cats and pinballs thread...it's a good one.

#17 4 months ago

I can barely get her to play, which is odd since when she does play she has a blast. She'll help as best she can but not really interested in working on them.

#18 4 months ago

My wife is actually going to try swapping the rom on CFTBL today! Extra motivation since I suggested it would likely erase the leaderboard. (Is this true?)

Ive never changed a rom. CFTBL was going to be first rom upgrade. Now she’s doing it.

#19 4 months ago

My wife has a passing interest in pinball but for reasons I don't fully understand, she loves to tinker with our games.

She's done all the art blade installs, several toppers, shakers, and other small mods. She even installed the precision flippers on our R&M after doing the entire Jerry Ramp mod install herself. Definitely a very helpful assistant when the playfield needs to come up!

#20 4 months ago

Mine will help load and unload games. She has also assisted in cleaning plastics along with minor assembly when I shop games. She loves to play pinball and says most of the 80's Bally games are "HERS". I feel pretty lucky!

#21 4 months ago

WOW!! Really you all crack me up!! My Husband helps with fixing stuff on our pins, we generally do pinball together. I do most of the restore art part, touch-ups clearing etc. he usually helps with everything though. We run a league and 2 tournaments together at our house...

Phoebe

#22 4 months ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

WOW!! Really you all crack me up!! My Husband helps with fixing stuff on our pins, we generally do pinball together. I do most of the restore art part, touch-ups clearing etc. he usually helps with everything though. We run a league and 2 tournaments together at our house...
    Phoebe

You got a good one!!!
    Maybe if you start a thread, my wife will chime in about how her husband tries to fix things, yells a whole lot, the machine never quite works right, and then he eventually just gives in and buys a new board or sells the machine!… …. All while she probably could’ve fixed the problem in a couple of minutes.

Oh yeah…and he complains about being too tall to turtle the machine to put the sliders on.

#23 4 months ago

Phoebe

Looks like you’re an exception to the rule! How many other ladies do you have in your league? Killer collection by the way!

#24 4 months ago

You're kidding. Many people here can't even fix their machines, what interest is a wife in the other room gonna have?

#25 4 months ago

Phoebe

I love these threads in which gents realise they’re not, in fact, in an all-boys’ club

I’m currently restoring an Alien Poker. Sanded the cab over the summer and need to press on with the full playfield swap, after I needed to drill out some hex screw holes on the underside.

Yours, a mother of two.

#26 4 months ago
    Quoted from Veemonroe:

I love these threads in which gents realise they’re not, in fact, in an all-boys’ club
    I’m currently restoring an Alien Poker. Sanded the cab over the summer and need to press on with the full playfield swap, after I needed to drill out some hex screw holes on the underside.
    Yours, a mother of two.

Sweet! Post some when completed…..

#27 4 months ago
    Quoted from Veemonroe:

Yours, a mother of two.

I think that's terrific. And most men on here cannot or will not do what you do to your machines. So bravo.

#28 4 months ago
    Quoted from Veemonroe:

Yours, a mother of two.

Good work!! PF swaps can be a real challenge sometimes depending on if you're using a repro PF or an original restored one...I started restoring pins, PF's BG's and cabs back in '01...I did that as my "job" till around 2012, now I do it for our games and sometimes friends...I've done hundreds of games. I would tear them down and prep them, then do the touch-ups and clear them, Hubby would help me sand in between coats of clear on weekends and when he was not working. He would also do some of the mechanical fixes. Since I "retired" from doing that, we have done several PF swaps together, AFM (2x), Gorgar, Alien Poker, Fathom, Pharaoh (which also required alot of work on the cabinet).
    I'm also a mother of 2!!

Quoted from Enchantress:

Looks like you’re an exception to the rule! How many other ladies do you have in your league? Killer collection by the way!

We have 5 ladies in our Cincy Pinball League out of 32 people in the league. Thanks, alot of the older SS pins are ones that I have restored as well. We take games to several shows so others can play games they don't see often.
    There are quite a few ladies in our group that are fully capable of doing work on pins, 1 in our league does a route where she collects cleans and maintains all the pins in several cities owned by a friends business.

Phoebe

1 week later
    #29 3 months ago

To my surprise she was all in and we leveled our playfield.

#30 3 months ago

My wife enjoys doing what I call party prep to our machines. Take glass out (clean both sides last), clean and scrub playfield, rotate rubbers and replace if needed, clean balls, check that no posts are loose, so on. And that’s a lot a more than 1/2 of the guys pins that I see that I have to go work on. lol

#31 3 months ago

Never.
    She couldn’t name more than 3 titles we own.

#32 3 months ago

Wife shops out games as they come in from route for rotation

4F5430D0-17F6-4211-9BD7-C443AEF7154D (resized).jpeg4F5430D0-17F6-4211-9BD7-C443AEF7154D (resized).jpeg6705CFEE-06E8-461A-BBA1-9C43012D3AD9 (resized).jpeg6705CFEE-06E8-461A-BBA1-9C43012D3AD9 (resized).jpegECDC578A-F81F-4376-A6C0-EB23743B7B26 (resized).jpegECDC578A-F81F-4376-A6C0-EB23743B7B26 (resized).jpeg
    #33 3 months ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Wife shops out games as they come in from route for rotation
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s great help for sure

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-lady-tool-on-your-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.