• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Buckman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi

I’ve got a red DMD that was in an X-men but I replaced with a blue Xpin one. So would like to put the red one which came out of Xmen in Spiderman.

When I bought the X-pin one I had to buy the low voltage one so can I put the old one in Spiderman either direct or with some modification? Didn’t want to risk putting in straight and damaging it without checking first.

Cheers for any help
Greg

#2 10 years ago

Being from another country you might have a LED DMD in your spiderman, why are you trying to change it out? If its the old plasma types I don't know of a modification to make the lower powered ones (LED) work. If you have a plasma they tend to show shadows better as that is what was designed for that particular game.

#3 10 years ago

Just bought a white Xpin from Brett this morning for our Spidy (and also a blue and red dmd cover so I can go with either blue or red on the display). As you mention, the DMD from Xmen is the newer low voltage style whereas the ones in SM are the normal / high voltage. You'll find that you won't be able to simply plug the Xmen DMD into SM as the connections aren't the same. As far as modifying it that's a good question, it would definitely have to be modified to possibly make it work, wonder if it would be worth the effort?

I'd send Brett at Xpin your question, I'm sure he'd be able to answer it. He's XPinPinball on here.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for your replies.

Only changing as now have the original red one spare and thought it would look better in Spiderman than the factory orange one.

Maybe best if I ask Stern as the display I want to put in the original display not the Xpin one. Can try Brett but not his product

Cheers
Greg

#5 10 years ago

The red definitely looks nice in SM. I took the white Xpin out of our Tron and plunked it into SM with a red cover and I like it much better than the stock orange look (I also put a blue cover in SM and it looks awesome in blue).

Would be nice if you could find a way to make that red low voltage one work in SM, would look great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-swap-from-x-men-to-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.