Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vicjw66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jorge5240.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So my dad booked a family Disney cruise to the Caribbean. I am sure my boys will love it. My wife or I have never been on a cruise (except a crappy one to Mexico when I was 18). Any tips anything we should be aware of? Entirely new experience for us.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks all of you for the input. This is a new experience, so it is great to hear the positive reviews. Our boat is the wonder. My parents have only been to California and Hawaii, so it should be fun to get them out of their comfort zone.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Are you flying to Orlando to catch the Ship??

We will. I assume we will fly in the night before but I haven't confirmed it. We had been talking about doing the cruise but my dad just called me out of nowhere yesterday and told me it was all booked and confirmed. He rolls a bit deeper than I do and reserved a royal suite which I hear is pretty nice.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

If your dad booked it and is paying for it, maybe you should be a bit more thankful for the one that he also presumably paid for when you were 18. If you're paying for all of it, pardon me. It's just that your "crappy one to Mexico" comment rubbed me the wrong way. Enjoy the cruise.

Whoa there tex!

It was just an inocuous statement about a cruise I took 20 years ago. My expectations are much greater for a seven day Disney cruise than a three day cruise to Mexico. If you can't understand that I am speechless.

As for my dad:
    He is my best friend
    He was the best man in my wedding
    You should check out my post history in the tesla thread where I partially paid for his tesla for his 70th birthday
    I am paying for our family trip through Tennessee next month that is going to cost over 10k.
    I think we are good

Anyway back to the Disney cruise. After posting on multiple forums and doing some research I am pleasantly surprised at all the positive reviews. I was a little skeptical that most would say it was over priced for what you get, as Disney does cash in. I think with my young boys and my dad's love of Disney is should be a great time. Anymore comments (positive or negative) about the trip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Mike

#14 7 years ago

I received the itinerary and it as follows:

Cozumel
    Costa maya
    Carmen island
    Castaway cay

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

depending on where you are to/from.. its a good idea to make sure you fly into/near the port a day in advance. flights gets delayed, you can't afford to miss your boarding.
    You have to attend the safety drill thing they do.. they will hunt you down
    Drop the kids off at the kid zone areas and leave them there. Pick them up for dinner or special events, don't feel bad, they will have too much fun and won't think twice you are just leaving them alone.
    Get the photo package that includes unlimited photos, and get your pic taken with everyone you can find. Well worth it, as the individual photos are expensive. Look up your cruise for any special nights they might have. There are dress up nights, pirate nights.. things like that.
    Meals.. if you want two entree's, you just have to ask.. same for appetizers. If you see something you like, ask for it.
    Meals, meals, meals... forget about any diets. Free ice cream/pizza stations.. great buffets.
    They have a drink of the day which cost's less than the the other drinks, take advantage. Banna Cariba drink.. we were sad when the day was over
    Attend all the adults shows that interest you.
    Excursions, in my opinion were a waste of money. Stay on the boat and enjoy the piece and quiet. Watch out for the jewelry show, they will talk about how to get around the port and all the shops, and about how much you will "save".. Don't fall for the Tanzanite pitches. Go to the places they suggest, get your free stuff and get out. Some will offer free beer, wine, that was a plus.
    The doors are metal, take some magnets to dress up your door. We printed Disney character faces that fit over the door port hole.

Awesome! This is the kind of info I am looking for. Thank you again for all the I for really helpful.

We will be leaving out of Orlando. We will be arriving the night before. We had some family friends that I jus talked to that flew in the same day and said it was miserable. With a 4 year old, a 2 year old and my parents who are in their early 70's I don't think we will be moving anywhere fast. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay near the port for the night before?

Thanks again, Mike

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

These are pre-canned cruise ports that are literally walled off from the indigenous population. They're designed by the cruise companies to show you what they think you want to see. Not saying that's a bad thing. Just don't expect that it's going to be some sort of cultural experience.

I understand. With my young children and it being Disney, I am not expecting a realistic cultural experience. Just fun and entertainment.

3 years later
    #29 4 years ago

Heading on a Disney cruise again so I figured we would rekindle this thread and see if anyone had anymore input.

We had a great trip on our last one but I am excited because my kids are a little older now and hopefully will enjoy the kids club more now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jorge5240.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-cruise?tu=jorge5240 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.