Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7770 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7769 (resized).jpeg
#1 7 months ago

Have had my Deadpool pro as home use only for past two months. Hellhouse scoop stopped registering/sensing the ball. Kickback out still works when machine searches for ball. Noticed one of wires seems to be detached under belly. Help fixing this wire. Do I solder? Tape???

IMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7772 (resized).jpegIMG_7772 (resized).jpeg
#2 7 months ago

The lug broke off the switch, you will need to solder in a new switch.

#3 7 months ago

Pretty common problem. You'll need to replace the switch since one of the leads broke off. I have tried putting hot glue around the base of the leads to help support them, with mixed success. I usually grab a couple of these switches whenever doing a pinball life order.

https://www.pinballlife.com/vuk-vertical-up-kicker-switch.html?Category_Code=

#4 7 months ago

Like others have said you need to replace the switch. Get one where you can swap over the actuator so you don't need to worry about that. Although mine is on location (5 years), I've swapped in probably 3 switches with broken solder lugs like yours and had to resolder broken wires at least 12 times. Not joking.

1 week later
#5 7 months ago

Thanks everyone for your help trouble shooting this. I’ll contact stern about a new switch part piece. Appreciate the help as I thought I had to solder the wire directly into the plastic where the mug came out

#6 7 months ago

Ok I’ve ordered a new switch from Marco’s and am also waiting for a free one from Stern when they respond. Any tips or threads with pictures on how to step by step replace the VUK switch? Extra points for specific tools I will need or hacks for not breaking anything when replacing it. Thanks in advance!

#7 7 months ago
Quoted from northofthewall:

Ok I’ve ordered a new switch from Marco’s and am also waiting for a free one from Stern when they respond. Any tips or threads with pictures on how to step by step replace the VUK switch? Extra points for specific tools I will need or hacks for not breaking anything when replacing it. Thanks in advance!

Take a picture of what lugs the wires get soldered to. Small Philips head screwdriver to remove the 2 small screws. Don't drop or lose the screws. Hopefully you got the type of switch with the removable actuator. That way you can just swap it over to the new switch.

1 week later
#8 6 months ago

Did you get this fixed? I just replaced the same switch on my machine two days ago. Very easy.

3 months later
#9 88 days ago

Exactly the same green wire cut at the middle lead as northothewall.
I have order 2 spare switch from Stern Europe parts.
What nutdriver size and screwdriver are needed ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Perris, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollidaysburg, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ceres, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModMood

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-scoop-sensor-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.