• Latest reply 9 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-908.jpg
image-162.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Data east MNF flippers are always active game over etc... the flipper buttons always work unless game is turned off. Any ideas on whats going on? I searched for ideas but couldn't find anything

#4 9 years ago

Could it be the relay at k1? Ths flippers were not working at all then I changed tip36c at q5 and the flippers are active at all times. I have tested and everything seems to test fine but I dont know how to test the relay or if it even controls the flippers..

#5 9 years ago

Nobody had this problem before? At this point I'm thinking it could be on the CPU board.. Any help much appreciated!!

#7 9 years ago

All tip102 test good what's the c46 c47 in the pic I attached? They give no reading at all..

image-162.jpgimage-162.jpg

image-908.jpgimage-908.jpg
#8 9 years ago

Anyone know if the two small capacitors could cause the flipper relay not to work? Sorry if I'm asking crazy questions I'm just pretty new to this

#10 9 years ago

Because the board was out of the game, I will put the board back in the game and try that.. So I just clip one end to ground and then touch each tip 102 and that will tell me the bad one? I tested them with the board out of the game and everyone tested good from what I could tell.

#12 9 years ago

No prob.. Any help is appreciated as I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff!!

#13 9 years ago

Ok... Put board back in game and tried what neo said.. Grounded the tip122's thinking one would do the trick.. Not one made the flippers stop working or did the relay do anything.. The game works fine other than flippers staying active at game over...

I'm all out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

#14 9 years ago

Also not sure if this makes a difference but the pia led is not on.. The blank, +5v are both lit but pia is not..

#17 9 years ago

I don't know what tip 102 it is so I went thru and grounded all one at a time and I did not hear a click.. I also tried the flippers with each one I grounded and they never stopped working...

Should I be able to tell from the schematics above what tip 102 it is that controls flipper relay? Also we are talking the relay on the CPU right?

#23 9 years ago

Reflowed points below k1 still the same... what about the relay on the cpu? Also replaced the 2n4401 at q80.. with my limited abilities everything I test looks good but c46 c47 they are to the right of the relay on the cpu in the above schematic..could that be the problem?

#25 9 years ago

No logic probe.. if radio shack has them I will pick one up tonight... also could the relay be bad?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-flippers?tu=swampman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.