(Topic ID: 21258)

Dangers of a game playing too fast?

By Ranhorton

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have a completely restored, clearcoated Sorcerer that plays crazy-fast. It's an absolute blast, however, I get quite a bit of ball jumping that hits the tempered playfield glass.

Am I at risk of the ball breaking the playfield glass?

My gut says no since tempered is designed to be stronger but should i consider putting plate glass in just to be safe. (I know it's more dangerous glass with regards to cutting yourself if it does break but in my mind that beats 3 month of cleaning out shards of tempered glass.)

Thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

There's been multiple videos of how strong that stuff is. You can stand on it, hit it with a hammer, doesn't break. It's only fragile on it's edge.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Toyotaboy!
    Great video. I feel better.
    Was playing a few games this morning and it just got me thinking since I finally have this machine looking/playing perfectly the last thing I want to do is break it down and clean up glass!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

tempered is designed to be stronger

Right on here. Stay with the tempered. Sorcerer is a really fun pin that I bet is flying after the cc. I really love the way it sounds!

#5 11 years ago

Never ever use plate glass, it is way more dangerous (potentially could kill you) and if it breaks on the machine it will do major damage to the PF. Their is a reason they use tempered glass.

#6 11 years ago

I would go with a thicker, tempered glass. Let me know if you'd like more information on this.

#7 11 years ago

only thing I have ran into...because I like to have stout flippers...is you risk blowing out a plastic

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dangers-of-a-game-playing-too-fast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.