IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #933 First pics Posted by NashtyFunk (3 months ago)

Post #6938 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Airball solution - good and best. Posted by PinMonk (77 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 148.
#1 9 months ago

Kieth Elwin. Cornerstone? Filler? SLE cash grab only?

Questions…comments…concerns.

4364CF7C-E5FB-4DB8-81A3-EDB14E3A76FC.gif4364CF7C-E5FB-4DB8-81A3-EDB14E3A76FC.gif
#2 9 months ago

Theme isn't embarrassing so that's worth something I guess.

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Theme isn't embarrassing so that's worth something I guess.

It’s no, ahem, Venom, that’s for sure.

Please, Gawd, not Jaws 3-4.

#4 9 months ago

Can't wait for it.

289341004_7664611416914417_3381085902302035953_n (resized).jpg289341004_7664611416914417_3381085902302035953_n (resized).jpg
#5 9 months ago

Is there really enough meat in the movie for a deep coded stern game?

I never understood the allure of jaws as a theme.
But with Elwin at the helm it will be awesome.

#6 9 months ago

I feel like you're dancing on Venoms grave a little but yeah what's not like? I'm even hoping the poor initial sales of that will throw a monkey wrench in there price increase plans and we all win with Jaws!

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Kieth Elwin. Cornerstone? Filler? SLE cash grab only?
Questions…comments…concerns.[quoted image]

Lots of potential here, I simply love this title, my only concern it’s that it has to be(must be!) the original 1975 or I’ll turn my back on this dream theme. Jurassic Park is a good Pinball by instance, but personally I wasn’t able to swallow that fake car in the playfield and in the art, that kills the magic in my opinion…. I’m just loyal to what I see in the films, so I need the main 3 characters and the boat as it is!… and our original Shark

*I wish that the lock down bar, side rails and legs to be in a nice blue altogether for the SLE (… I can accept them in white too )

Cheers

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Can't wait for it.
[quoted image]

7E23BFE6-4638-4125-8635-3C9759AD70F5 (resized).jpeg7E23BFE6-4638-4125-8635-3C9759AD70F5 (resized).jpeg
#9 9 months ago

Is this just wishful thinking

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

Is this just wishful thinking

14 years running

#11 9 months ago

Gonna be a mash up of Jaws, Sharknado, The Meg and Nat Geo’s Shark Week.

Let’s Go!

Nedry from JP will do call outs

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna be a mash up of Jaws, Sharknado, The Meg and Nat Geo’s Shark Week.
Let’s Go!
Nedry from JP will do call outs

Now sharknado that could be real good. Have some VR sharks flying at you with a topper above the machine like whirlwind.

#13 9 months ago

Lets go !

quint-jaws.gifquint-jaws.gif
#14 9 months ago

Is Elwin gonna do a 2 flipper machine?

#15 9 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Would be anatomically correct. Maybe a dorsal fin at the top.

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

.. Maybe a dorsal fin at the top.

Jesus the topper speculation has already begun!!

#17 9 months ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Would be anatomically correct. Maybe a dorsal fin at the top.

That’s awesome!!! Didn’t think of that…….props to you sir

#18 9 months ago
1371B5B4-700A-4EB3-9CF6-20BE24BA329B.gif1371B5B4-700A-4EB3-9CF6-20BE24BA329B.gif
#19 9 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Three on the left side

Does he bring back the Shark Flipper from Baywatch

#20 9 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

More meat than music pin based off Baby Shark.

#21 9 months ago

It was a must see in theaters at the time, and it completely affected the Northeast beaches, Not sure about other areas but if I had to guess, it sure did.

#22 9 months ago

Richard Dreyfuss call outs, but by Darrell Hammond.

#23 9 months ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Richard Dreyfuss call outs, but by Darrell Hammond.

But only if Darrell does Dreyfuss as C-3PO as Matt Hooper.

Also, Mark Proksch as Quint.

#24 9 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

More meat than music pin based off Baby Shark.

Game goes from John Williams to this song in wizard mode.

#25 9 months ago

Are you telling me Stern announced Jaws? This is a new business tactic to me: let's announce a new title two weeks after we announce Venom and totally cannibalize our sales. Genius.

#26 9 months ago

Jsws is code for the real game they are making which all the insiders know is baby shark

#27 9 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Are you telling me Stern announced Jaws? This is a new business tactic to me: let's announce a new title two weeks after we announce Venom and totally cannibalize our sales. Genius.

Jaws is already made. Been playable at Stern for a while now.

Stern is horrible at keeping secrets. None of this is new.

#28 9 months ago

JAWS is a dream theme for me, but every time someone brings this point up I start to question things. Its a very good legit question for sure and something I never really thought about. But I'm sure their creative minds can come up with something to make it bad ass.

#29 9 months ago

I’m sure it’ll be like Jurassic Park. It’ll be focused on the shark and not follow the movie in any particular way. Hopefully they do get some movie assets but it could closely follow the Jurassic Park model and have very few.

#30 9 months ago

Amity. Orca. Chief of police afraid of water. Hunting beast. Beach panic. Victims eaten. Mayor playing politics. Building a hunting party of vastly differing personalities.

Not much licensing so far. Pretty close to original.

Throw in part 2.

Sail boating teens. Closing beaches again. 2nd shark.

Now 3rd.

Shark terrorizing aquarium. Save dolphins. Rescue team mates and customers.

#31 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Amity. Orca. Chief of police afraid of water. Hunting beast. Beach panic. Victims eaten. Mayor playing politics. Building a hunting party of vastly differing personalities.
Not much licensing so far. Pretty close to original.
Throw in part 2.
Sail boating teens. Closing beaches again. 2nd shark.
Now 3rd.
Shark terrorizing aquarium. Save dolphins. Rescue team mates and customers.

greys-anatomy-amelia-shepherd.gifgreys-anatomy-amelia-shepherd.gif
#32 9 months ago

Classic movie, sure, but there aren’t enough exciting/action scenes in the movie to match with a pinball machine.

Plus there’s no way it’ll wind up being better than Baywatch which already has a Shark flipper, targets and mode

#33 9 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Classic movie, sure, but there aren’t enough exciting/action scenes in the movie to match with a pinball machine.
Plus there’s no way it’ll wind up being better than Baywatch which already has a Shark flipper, targets and mode

Hunt Crissy
Destroy Ben Gardner's Boat
Rescue Sean
Hunt Alex
Find the Barrels
Escape the Shark Cage
Sink the Orca
Shoot the Tank

^^ That's just *part* of the first movie, which Stern likely won't use. I'd expect a JP style theme integration, and then they can do whatever they want. So yeah, there's plenty of content.

#34 9 months ago

An Elwin Jaws would probably have me open my wallet. I consider Jaws maybe one of two movies, ever to be basically "perfect". Jaws and Shawshank Redemption have no flaws. If this comes, would need to see the shots, the geometry and honestly with this IP licensed I would expect a Godzilla-tier level of attention and passion. I would expect some kind of mechanized toy or two (the Orca?) and some flowy shots. Maybe some kind of neat gimmick we haven't seen that Elwin has up his sleeve for the right pin (like the deadpost Jack put in FF).

For what it's worth, Jaws 50th anniversary is 2025. So I wouldn't expect Stern to release Jaws before then. They probably shored up the license awhile back, leading to rumors on pinside but its likely pre-production and has been for awhile. I would expect ~4 more pins to release before a Jaws would.

edit. With that said, maybe this won't be an Elwin game. Maybe this will be George's swan song? He'll be 70 in 2025 and maybe he'll helm Jaws, perfect it, take a bow to the industry and retire? I would probably buy it harder than I would if it was just Elwin in that case, come to think of it. The line for the LE's would be out the door lol

#35 9 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

For what it's worth, Jaws 50th anniversary is 2025.

And BTTF’s 40th is 2025, which begs the question...

C77C2753-2812-4B69-A44F-9CC10A966C35 (resized).jpegC77C2753-2812-4B69-A44F-9CC10A966C35 (resized).jpeg
#36 9 months ago

PS...

FEB6BF57-7077-4261-80B1-CE797DD3B7A6.gifFEB6BF57-7077-4261-80B1-CE797DD3B7A6.gif
#38 9 months ago

It could work easily if they go with generic game modes and such. I'm sure it's not going to be 100% just pure movie content, if anything I expect it to be more like Sterns JP.

#39 9 months ago

Oh I didn't realize there was an anniversary coming up.

LOCK IT IN!

We all know that all Stern pinball machines are released to tie in with an anniversary.

#40 8 months ago

If he can do for JAWS what he did with Godzilla it’s going to be bloody fantastic.

#41 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

If he can do for JAWS what he did with Godzilla it’s going to be bloody fantastic.

HA! I see what you did there…

#42 8 months ago

Do we really need deep coded games in order for it to be a hit? Most won’t even finish it or let alone remember all the rules. Venom already has 31 pages.

#43 8 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Do we really need deep coded games in order for it to be a hit? Most won’t even finish it or let alone remember all the rules. Venom already has 31 pages.

Wondering if your daughter can enhance the coloring on sharks…or boats…

AA3964F7-0903-4DEF-A0D8-60F825B5DF32.gifAA3964F7-0903-4DEF-A0D8-60F825B5DF32.gif
#44 8 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Disagree. And not having lines from the movie is a huge letdown. The homebrew Jaws has it and it’s pretty damn cool. Saw the movie when it came out as a kid. Fan still.

#45 8 months ago

This is an example of a good/great movie, that I don't think makes for a good pinball theme. There just doesn't seem to be enough meat there to me for a typical deep Stern Elwin game IMO. If they can't use all assets from the first movie, as seems to be typical in this type of situation, then what?

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not feeling a Jaws pin at all. And if anyone can hit a homerun it's Elwin and team, so...

#46 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

HA! I see what you did there…

Thank you

Seriously though if he can take what he did with Godzilla and apply it to Jaws it’s going to be incredible.

The only thing I’m wondering currently is would he go the Godzilla route with you playing as Jaws but instead of saving the city/people your terrorising it/them or would you be the human characters fighting jaws so a complete flip of Godzilla where your the title character.

#47 8 months ago

31 pages of rules for a pinball game....ugggh.....kill me now and get it over with! It's a pinball game not an RPG.

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

There just doesn't seem to be enough meat there to me for a typical deep Stern Elwin game

Totally agree

#49 8 months ago

at 7k+ YES it's demanded

2 weeks later
#50 8 months ago
IMG_6911 (resized).pngIMG_6911 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.