feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 148.
#4851 3 months ago

Testing the waters (see what I did there) on interest for some custom designed Art Blades. $130 delivered.

Send me a PM if this is of interest to you!

These are printed on Thick Laminate Vinyl pre-cut.

Jaws Side Art Blades CR (resized).jpgJaws Side Art Blades CR (resized).jpg

#4852 3 months ago

What is that shark doing?

sharktime (resized).pngsharktime (resized).png
#4853 3 months ago

Awe….wook at the wittle baby teeth bottom fronts I’m not scared of the water anymore. When I get the game this needs a fixin!

IMG_5296 (resized).pngIMG_5296 (resized).png
#4854 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Who is going to be the first mad man to hack a grout head and mechanism into Jaws and call it Grout goes fishing..

Grout, like Señor Spielbergo, is Groot's non-union Mexican equivalent.

#4855 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What's the point of building an elaborate mech like that to only use on a final wizard mode that that vast majority of player's would never see

Like the Death Star in Star Wars. I see the point.

The game might play well as it is but still having the shark "eat the ball" is way better than "bashing the shark."
The movie's not called Chins.

#4856 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The game might play well as it is but still having the shark "eat the ball" is way better than "bashing the shark."
The movie's called Jaws, not Chins.

I was going to say the Death Star. It's such a rare occurrence to see it blow up, that it's really cool when it does. But...it's also kinda lame at the same time and if it happened regularly, it wouldn't be exciting.

#4857 3 months ago

Actually I’d be 100% good with a scarier shark and a light show when it pops up if possible. Still, what I’ve seen so far is the start of the pins I really like and own. In JP, I love the feeling of rescuing, calling the chopper, catching the Dino and don’t even get me started how cool the Raptor modes are. I see similarities in this so far with the beach goers, closing beaches, chumming , and pulling up the fin. This game looks to shoot real nice as I thought. I hope the early people are correct in saying there’s a couple tough shots as we can’t lose those in games. As alway’s 100% trust in this team .I’d have a prem ordered already, but last year was a pricey one for our home so no hurry right now. It will fit in nicely with the other 3 monsters. Yes people, Eddie is a Monster and maybe the scariest of all!

#4858 3 months ago

After re watching I love the Shark standing out in color while moving around as you are trying to save swimmers. This is pinball to me. This is what I really care about. When your doing something, are you just hitting shots or is there something playing out. Lastly I am wondering if there is a possibility of random speed and/or moves of the fin though. Does anybody have anything on that?

#4859 3 months ago

There was so much light in the room, no way you can even tell what the lighting is going to be like.

#4860 3 months ago

Not called Swallows either

Also the Death Star toy is one of the worst toys. It's so anticlimactic

#4861 3 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

There was so much light in the room, no way you can even tell what the lighting is going to be like.

I like the spot light aimed at the upper right flipper. I hope the night fishing mode turns off a lot of the lighting. Could be very moody.

#4862 3 months ago

BALLS IN HOLES!

vs.

BALLS ON CHINS!

I see....I see...

#4863 3 months ago

The Megalodon quest on DP, always gave me jaws vibes.
Anyone?

#4864 3 months ago
IMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0402 (resized).jpeg
#4865 3 months ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I served on the USS Defender and remember when a Boatswain's Mate showed me how to tie a sheepshank.[quoted image]
It's really one of the coolest knots...next to Don of course![quoted image]

*SNIFF*

#4866 3 months ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Imagine if after all the consternation there actually is a mouth shot? I'm not expecting it, but it is possible.

Well if that’s the case then shame on Stern for not saying one way or another. Gomez did mention some sort of surprise to the game without saying what. Nothing on the stream jumped out like a holy crap surprise moment.

Was thinking in lieu of eating the ball it would be cool if a little oxygen tank emerged from throat to hit for the “smile you son of a bitch” wizard mode.

#4867 3 months ago

Not mine…

#4868 3 months ago

One thing I noticed from that footage, it looks like the UP flipper activates with the right button....I wonder if you can triple stage them (bottom two flipped, UP not)

#4869 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like the spot light aimed at the upper right flipper. I hope the night fishing mode turns off a lot of the lighting. Could be very moody.

There is potential for a LOT of cool water fx on this game.

#4870 3 months ago

I can't say I like those in lane up posts, looks like some kind of training wheel for cradling. How it holds the ball for you to let you shoot the fin. It still pauses and slows everything down but without anything interesting happening on the playfield so you just tap the flippers out of boredom waiting till it lets go.

P.S. Maybe during multiball it would be cool but it just seems pointless with only one ball in play.

#4871 3 months ago

What I noticed was in 7 mins that guy was not able to hit the wave ramp to the upper PF.

Edit: he hit the shot once.

#4872 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

What I noticed was in 7 mins that guy was not able to hit the wave ramp to the upper PF.
Not even once.

"Video of bad player at trade show" is a game launch trope as dependable as potato cam photos.

#4873 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Not even once.

Yeah that is weird, I get that they want to give lots of people a chance to play but why set them up to play like shit. Just seems so counter productive when your showing off a pin.

#4874 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah that is weird, I get that they want to give lots of people a chance to play but why set them up to play like shit. Just seems so counter productive when your showing off a pin.

That doesn’t make sense at all at shows when trying to sell games. Bring more games, set to 2 ball or hand out those restaurant blinking pagers .

#4875 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Not even once.

He hits it once about 48 seconds in, he just doesn't hit the upper flipper.

No disrespect to this individual, but he may not be the best representative of the machine's gameplay.

EDIT: And he hits it again at about 3:20, but he again forgets the upper flipper.

#4876 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

No disrespect to this individual, but he may not be the best representative of the machine's gameplay.

Doesn't Elwin miss it a few times in his video, does he count as a skilled player?

#4877 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Not even once.

Is that the same shot that Carry pointed out in his video that Keith, himself, had trouble hitting?

#4878 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

EDIT: And he hits it again at about 3:20, but he again forgets the upper flipper.

Quoted from Darscot:

Doesn't Elwin miss it a few times in his video, does he count as a skilled player?

I wouldn't expect any tournament player to hit every shot every time. I recently watched the Deadflip stream of Iron Maiden and Elwin doesn't even get close to the high score on that game. Also, the guy recording this video didn't realize he was playing both players in a two player game until about five minutes in, so I'm thinking he may not be a pinhead.

#4879 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lastly I am wondering if there is a possibility of random speed and/or moves of the fin though.

If the fin can actually change speeds that would definitely help the challenge factor and add to the fun factor…IMHO.

#4880 3 months ago

Have any Hi Res images been released yet / any links ??? please

#4881 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

Have any Hi Res images been released yet / any links ??? please

https://sternpinball.com/game/jaws/

#4882 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Not even once.

They hit the wave ramp a few times.

#4883 3 months ago

Interesting design. @ 3:05 in the video when the guy doesn't hit the Wave ramp with enough force, the right ramp is there coming through the Wave. The ball petered out 3/4 of the way up the Wave ramp and then fell into the right wireform return.

Edit - does it again at 3:53

#4885 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Video of bad player at trade show" is a game launch trope as dependable as potato cam photos.

It's true. That's one of the reasons the reveal stream is so important, and yet somehow here we are. It'd be different if there were no distributors and it was DTC.

#4886 3 months ago

Amazing!! Jaws was announced last week and humans are physically playing it in the wild!! Only Stern.

#4887 3 months ago

I look forward to seeing the Deadflip stream.

Which IMO should have followed Elwin’s video lfairly quickly. It was also distracting that Elwin’s video was so edited mixing in what looked like 2-3 games.

Waiting a week and seeing these low res terrible angle ces vids… not ideal

I recognize the player there was not a good player. He was oblivious to the two upper flippers and never attempted a staged shot with upper right flipper. I get it.

I think JAWS is a hard pin and that wave ramp does seem to be the hardest shot to make consistently/reliably

I’m just talking pinball.
Have already said JAWS Looks great to me.

#4888 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Amazing!! Jaws was announced last week and humans are physically playing it in the wild!! Only Stern.

Barrels of Fun did it first, albeit their production rate is about 2% of Sterns.

#4889 3 months ago

Pinside: We want Jaws!
Stern: Jaws
Pinside: We want footage!
Internet: Jaws potato cam footage
Pinside: We want high res Jaws footage!
Stern: High res Jaws footage
Pinside: We want Jaws footage of an average player!
Internet: Average player Jaws footage
Pinside: We want professional Jaws footage with an entertaining, above-average player in which all lighting and sound conditions are perfect
Stern: Jack Danger Jaws stream on Friday
Pinside: Godzilla!

#4890 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Give them credit where credit is due. They are very good at keeping their projects under wrap/secret. But they've been working on these for years, simply announcing it now when they're ready to roll isn't magic. But Stern, and most of the pinball manufacturers, operate like government intelligence with their IP's. I find it funny everything is so secretive because it's so unnecessary and silly. But they are good at it.

#4891 3 months ago

There was nothing wrong with the Elwin gameplay vid, I think you guys really just want to stare into Jack Danger's goo goo eyes and don't know how to say it properly.

#4892 3 months ago

Ya know the more I think about this… they should have done something like Star Wars Death Star. The majority of players never get to see the shark. The shark is barely in the movie so why shouldn’t the game be the same. Have the damn ball eating thing buried under an hour and half plus of gameplay. Then when people play on location they can all be asking each other… “did you see the shark?” Nah you?” “Not yet but I think I was close!”

#4893 3 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Ya know the more I think about this… they should have done something like Star Wars Death Star. The majority of players never get to see the shark. The shark is barely in the movie so why shouldn’t the game be the same. Have the damn thing buried under an hour and half plus of gameplay. Then when people play on location they can all be asking each other… “did you see the shark?” Nah you?” “Not yet but I think I was close!”

I think it should pop up every time it pops up on the video screen, taunting you, spouting smart aleck quips like Rudy.

#4894 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Not even once.

Okay so I just starting watching the video and he does it on literally the first try at the 45 second mark. Don't believe everything you read.

edit: nevermind I see BRW84 already spotted it

#4895 3 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Everyone abused pricing… Stern was just waiting for the right moment (in my very humble POV)…. Or why did they do it if no one was forcing them to do it?, probably didn't even need to do it? Everybody knows they’re strong, Stern worth about 100M but who doesn’t want to worth more?

I'm not saying Stern shouldn't have stayed way lower, but when your main competitor...JJP...now has an entry level of $12500, and your highest trim was $10500 with GZ, the appearance is that your highest level product is inferior to your competition's lowest level product.

I don't think either companies game's have this much "value", both are batshit, and are most likely pricing many people out of home ownership.

#4896 3 months ago

Captain's Arcade Showroom is streaming Jaws Live right now on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/pinsandpirates

They have (2) Premiums on location that you can play yourself today. Anaheim, CA.

#4897 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't think either companies game's have this much "value", both are batshit, and are most likely pricing many people out of home ownership.

Yes. Why are they victimizing us like this? If only we had a choice! Why are the companies so batshit crazy to charge these prices?

#4898 3 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Testing the waters (see what I did there) on interest for some custom designed Art Blades. $130 delivered.
Send me a PM if this is of interest to you!
These are printed on Thick Laminate Vinyl pre-cut.
[quoted image]

Nice. You need to add these to the other forum post by "Panther city" "Stern JAWS mod thread"

#4899 3 months ago
Quoted from Thoggo:

Compare that to JJP and Spooky, who seem to value that side of the experience more.

If you're a snob, how on earth could you say Spooky value GUI and animations more so than Stern??? They're rock bottom, competing with AP for lowest tier of visual design.

#4900 3 months ago
Quoted from Phern:Agreed, and the competition is good for the hobby. I think stern did create the opening though for these other start-ups. Until fairly recently, Stern had dominated the market for the past decade or two without much of any competition. But now others are doing things in some ways better, but almost certainly providing more bang for your buck. Hoping it forces stern to adapt and give us better.
I am not hating on stern, they make good stuff too. But it is frustrating when they feel cheap when you're paying a small fortune for one of these big toys. I can't think of anything else people purchase in this price range, including a significantly more complex car, drone, motorcycle, etc, that would feel as cheap, half baked, or leave me feeling nickle and dimed.

Not to mention WE have to work on these ourselves. Very few come from the factory without needing a tweek, replacement part or full on playfield swap. What other industry works like this. No cargument, but these are reaching car prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/98?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.