feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 148.
#1801 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I can't see the boat/shark mech making it to the Pro. It's the equivalent of the building mech in GZ.
There will be something static there but what who knows what and how. Hope not a flat plastic shark with a target on it LOL.

I think it'll just be the boat bash toy, no shark. Surprise me Stern

I thought the chum bucket would be on all the models, but now that I think about it...I still haven't forgiven Stern for taking the helicopter spinner out of JP Pro

#1802 3 months ago

Also the last pro with an upper PF was that hot banger WWE

#1803 3 months ago

If Stern follows their Prem "3 Mech Advantage" over the Pro (TM still pending), you can rip out a major, mid, and minor mech from the Prem to guess what the Pro will have.

- Upper PF is the major (given).

Usually Pros could have a main toy that was coil-activated only, not motorization. However, TMNT had the disc and STH had the Demo Ramp. Given what operators would want from a maintenance perspective and from a "Show the damn Shark in attract mode" perspective, I think the shark/boat stays and moving shark fin is gone from the Pro. They'll replicate this feature with a roaming lit shot.

- Shark fin is the mid.

- The 2nd inlane up-post I bet is the minor.

And then of course make 1-2 Prem molds into flat plastics for the Pro. That's always the case too.

#1804 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That game was about 80 percent innovation and 20 percent fun.

So much tasty innovation.

#1805 3 months ago

watch the fin on the pin on the pro be a static single drop...

#1806 3 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Are there really 6995 guests on pinside ??

YES ..... its true and apparently 6992 of them want a shark to eat a pinball !

#1807 3 months ago

Okay first negative thing I will be adding to this thread. In general I Like what I see but on the pro conversation. OMG this game is the roaming fin in the middle for me that is the best thing I have seen. If that is not on the pro that 100% would wipe out the pro for me and many imo

#1808 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

If Stern follows their Prem "3 Mech Advantage" over the Pro (TM still pending), you can rip out a major, mid, and minor mech from the Prem to guess what the Pro will have.
- Upper PF is the major (given).
Usually Pros could have a main toy that was coil-activated only, not motorization. However, TMNT had the disc and STH had the Demo Ramp. Given what operators would want from a maintenance perspective and from a "Show the damn Shark in attract mode" perspective, I think the shark/boat stays and moving shark fin is gone from the Pro. They'll replicate this feature with a roaming lit shot.
- Shark fin is the mid.
- The 2nd inlane up-post I bet is the minor.
And then of course make 1-2 Prem molds into flat plastics for the Pro. That's always the case too.

interesting...

then on the flip side stern tend to use the same playfield for all models so they just stock one playfield so maybe the moving shark fin target stays, the boat stays but no lift up boat / shark. And then they plug the up posts on the inlanes

#1809 3 months ago

All these leaks and nothing pro related, even the leakers want to sell as many LEs as possible.

#1810 3 months ago

The upper playfield on Jaws seems to differ from other recent uppers (Foo, BKSOR, etc) in that there doesn't look to be a looping shot up there. The left most shot exits to a wireform down and out the left spinner. The "table" spinner shot exits down a wireform to the right side flipper. And finally if you just brick it and drain up there, it plops back out into the center of the playfield.

This feels very on-brand for KME and his love of flow. Doesn't seem like the upper will disrupt flow at all, and there are multiple paths to be rewarded for a made shot.

#1811 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

interesting...
then on the flip side stern tend to use the same playfield for all models so they just stock one playfield so maybe the moving shark fin target stays, the boat stays but no lift up boat / shark. And then they plug the up posts on the inlanes

I think you are likely right, shark stays but static and this removes captive ball in boat and targets as well.

#1813 3 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I’m interested to see how Keith adopts the progression model from venom.
Maybe make the game harder as you beat jaws?

This is what I'm most excited about. I haven't put much time on Venom but having progression carry over is a really cool use of IC.

#1814 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Okay first negative thing I will be adding to this thread. In general I Like what I see but on the pro conversation. OMG this game is the roaming fin in the middle for me that is the best thing I have seen. If that is not on the pro that 100% would wipe out the pro for me and many imo

I think the fin will be there!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it'll just be the boat bash toy, no shark. Surprise me Stern
I thought the chum bucket would be on all the models, but now that I think about it...I still haven't forgiven Stern for taking the helicopter spinner out of JP Pro

Ya a static boat makes sense.

At least the helicopter was easily created and added on the JP pro!

#1815 3 months ago

Anyways, this is the first Keith Uppie, this could be more integral to the gameplay in his mind than simply a throw away LE "feature". Honestly I thought for sure the upper would go an hour ago, I'm just trying to understand how you easily, and cheaply remove that and it's no big deal, just remove all the out ramps, and in ramps leaving nothingness there? Or leaving a loop? Plus it is the main boat in the movie.

#1816 3 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

just remove all the out ramps, and in ramps leaving nothingness there? Or leaving a loop?

Possible, could be loop like Aerosmith.
Didn’t hurt any of the fun

#1817 3 months ago

I bet the pro has a plastic shark standee with a hole where the mouth is so you can shoot a ball through it.

#1818 3 months ago

I don't see how they could not have a shark on the pro. It would really suck if the Pro had zero shark anywhere on the playfield and just a boat. I assume and hope it's at least a static shark toy or target

#1819 3 months ago

I thought that boat looked awfully familiar. The Sopranos

image-C6 (resized).jpgimage-C6 (resized).jpg
#1820 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

interesting...

They "tend" to but not always. TMNT (2nd Lair switch) and Venom (jump ramp) are slightly different. AIQ has a few differences. Mando and ACDC are more obvious examples.

But like in 007, since the cutout can be plugged it's just another screwed down insert w/o slot they'd have to use to block up this area on the Pro. And that's only if they axe the mech but still route the giant hole.

#1821 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

this one looks better

#1822 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That’s frame really shows the size of ball in comparison…. The ball looks too big to get trapped in the mouth

Ya think? I cant beleive it took people this long to realize, Jaws doesnt eat your balls. I mean, They have a shark fin on a square,
target that moves. in an arc.

#1823 3 months ago

I really like the Stugots ship. It's a fun, though simple, toy. But this one shakes when you hit like it's on the water!!! INNOVATION!

#1824 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ya think? I cant beleive it took people this long to realize, Jaws doesnt eat your balls. I mean, They have a shark fin on a square,
target that moves. in an arc.

Sharks are well known for swimming in arcs. Keith's hands were tied

#1825 3 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Anyways, this is the first Keith Uppie, this could be more integral to the gameplay in his mind than simply a throw away LE "feature". .

This is true, and I was probably being flippant before about uppers. It's Keith's first upper, it'll probably be cool. Trying to think of some weird 80s gottlieb with an upper playfield, maybe he nicked it.

Regardless...even if it's a good add for the premium, there's no way the pro will have it and the pro won't suffer much by it's absence. Pro is gonna be good.

#1826 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

[quoted image]

Yes the boat that pinballs go into looks superficially like another boat that pinballs go into.

What the fuck is wrong with pinball?! Why can't every square inch of a new pinball machine be uniquely different than every other pinball machine that has ever existed?

Where's the innovation?

Oh wait this one flips up and down, and has targets in it that you have to hit, and appears to be different in almost every way than any other pinball boat before it? No not that kind of innovation it needs magnets and a lower playfield.

#1827 3 months ago

This is what I imagine Levi looked like when he saw the shark on an arc

Levi.gifLevi.gif
#1828 3 months ago

Wow, I went and took a nap and this thread went from bananas to a toilet flush. Keep it going guys. This is fun. Ball jokes are always funny.

#1829 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Ball jokes are always funny.

They really are. I keep waiting for them to get old and then Beachpickle posts another chop.

#1830 3 months ago

Super excited about this one, especially with Elwin at the helm.
I like the looks of the outlane post on the right side, the three bank target on the left, the fin on a stick, both up posts near the bottom flippers, and especially the open playfield as that usually translates to a fast playing game.

In for an LE!

#1831 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is true, and I was probably being flippant before about uppers. It's Keith's first upper, it'll probably be cool. Trying to think of some weird 80s gottlieb with an upper playfield, maybe he nicked it.
Regardless...even if it's a good add for the premium, there's no way the pro will have it and the pro won't suffer much by it's absence. Pro is gonna be good.

Hold on there chief, I'm by no means suggesting I want the upper playfield to stay on the Pro, or that there's anything remotely redeeming about one...

Even though I can think of ones I didn't completely and utterly loath.

#1832 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes the boat that pinballs go into looks superficially like another boat that pinballs go into.
What the fuck is wrong with pinball?! Why can't every square inch of a new pinball machine be uniquely different than every other pinball machine that has ever existed?
Where's the innovation?
Oh wait this one flips up and down, and has targets in it that you have to hit, and appears to be different in almost every way than any other pinball boat before it? No not that kind of innovation it needs magnets and a lower playfield.

I want Stern to bring back the curved playfield from Orbitor 1, now THAT was innovation! It also helped kill the company. Still one of my favorite games, though.

#1833 3 months ago

To get my money there better be a mode where we collect our wife's holiday roast which starts "Swim Charlie, Swim!" multiball.

#1834 3 months ago

I am waiting for a chopping wood comparison

#1835 3 months ago

Simple solution buy it if you like it.
Do not buy if you do not like it.

I am hearing 700 LE.

#1836 3 months ago

Just getting caught up.. Does the shark eat the ball?

#1837 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

6 balls

#1838 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am hearing 700 LE.

That would mean the Anniversary Edition only gets 300.

#1839 3 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That would mean the Anniversary Edition only gets 300.

500 SLE

#1840 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They really are. I keep waiting for them to get old and then Beachpickle posts another chop.

Just keeping talking shark and pinball, there will be more with some Katy and Fonz sprinkled in for good measure.

shark.gifshark.gif
#1841 3 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Just keeping talking shark and pinball, there will be more with some Katy and Fonz sprinkled in for good measure.
[quoted image]

Left shark mode where the left flipper is weird

#1842 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

He gargles balls and tosses salad, too

#1843 3 months ago

Alright um, I had an interesting moment; I thought the leak with the emptyish pf and little up pf was definitely the Pro and I was underwhelmed but liked the Twisted Wireform and the Monster Bash Dracula Arch Mech modded with the Fin DropTarget. And I was looking forward to seeing the Premium.. but my buddy just told me that was the Prem? Hmmm....

#1844 3 months ago

Is that only on the LE?

Quoted from jackd104:

He gargles balls and tosses salad, too

#1845 3 months ago

$tern is probably gonna block me on youtube for calling them out but I spoke my honest opinion.

Screenshot_20240103_135033_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_135033_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_135829_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_135829_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_135834_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_135834_YouTube (resized).jpg
#1846 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

dont be talking trash bout 'mania

#1847 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Upper playfields are stupid and exist only to sell LEs and Premiums. 100 percent there is no upper on the pro and it will be no big loss. If I want 4 upper playfields I can buy an Ultraman.
I think the moving drop target mech stays - I HOPE. It's the coolest thing I've seen on a new game in a while. I'd like to think we keep the pop up shark but that may have to go. As long as the boat captive ball mech stays I think we are good.
Elwin's pros are ALWAYS awesome.

You cant handle multi pfs. We all know this.

#1848 3 months ago
Quoted from fuzz:

dont be talking trash bout 'mania

I think it’s alright with all the code updates. Not as bad as the rep

Quoted from Rob-T-800:

$tern is probably gonna block me on youtube for calling them out but I spoke my honest opinion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You sure showed them!

#1849 3 months ago

The upper PF on BKSOR makes the game. The upper PF on Shadow is awesome as well. WOZ is cool too.

#1850 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This reminds me of when I peruse the r/niceguys reddit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/37?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.