feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 148.
#1051 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Waiting since 1980 for this?
It’s barren and 13k? Good grief.

1980?

I guess jaws 2 just really made you want a pinball machine huh

#1052 3 months ago

JJP is not more loaded than Stern anymore

#1053 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

For an LE. Hopefully premium remains at 9500.
Personally I would say this looks GZ level of mechs which is pretty much max for Stern. But people need to keep in mind if they are going to compare to JJP games those are more loaded but they are 15K.

Ok, thanks for the info, guess we are all waiting to hear at this point.

#1054 3 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Surely I jaws pin has a shark that eats the balls as a ball lock doesn’t it!?!?
I’m concerned watching that little clip. Again, I’m sure it’ll shoot well. But looking very plain

Agreed. It looks plain and chintzy.

#1055 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:The boat mech looks great in action and the upper playfield is cool. Interesting to see Elwin do one.
The moving drop target mech is wow though

Does the boat flip up to capture balls, then come down to release a mb?

#1056 3 months ago

#1057 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The game looks loaded to the gills

IMG_1419.gifIMG_1419.gif
#1058 3 months ago

We all would have failed the Pepsi challenge between TCM and Jaws white woods. Not saying it's a bad thing but interesting to see both companies do something different. Gameplay stream should be fun!

#1059 3 months ago

This hype thread is even harsher than Venom’s. I’m loving it. Serious <popcorn.gif> fodder here.

#1060 3 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

We all would have failed the Pepsi challenge between TCM and Jaws white woods. Not saying it's a bad thing but interesting to see both companies do something different. Gameplay stream should be fun!

TCM kills Jaws.

Jaws will sell more.

#1061 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1980?
I guess jaws 2 just really made you want a pinball machine huh

I was born in 80. Wasn’t around in 75 . Not all of us are minutes to midnight young feller…

#1062 3 months ago

I guess I was expecting more than a target with a fin sticker in the drac track for 13k.

#1063 3 months ago

I can see there are 2 spot lights mounted on hex posts staggered on each side of the playfield. Is that a 3rd one mounted low in front of the right sling?

It would be cool if they contribute to modes with RGB and can turn the playfield red like there is blood in the water.

#1064 3 months ago
Quoted from RGman:

Agreed. It looks plain and chintzy.

Yeah, exactly!!

#1065 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I guess I was expecting more than a target with a fin sticker in the drac track for 13k.

Well lucky you, there appears to be also not one but TWO boats that interact with the ball, along with a cool shark that comes right out of the playfield in a menacing manner!

And there’s a Spinny thingee, and a bunch of ramps and other shit. I think I saw a moving bucket!!

Honestly, that seems like an awful lot of stuff. So what, really, is the problem?

You realize this is a pinball machine, right? That’s all it was ever going to be.

#1066 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

the days of stressing out for a le or ce are gone , u can get anything these days and they will rerelease stuff down the road anyways .

2025 is the 50th Anniversary for Jaws. 50 bucks says they make Jaws LEs easy to find next year.

#1068 3 months ago

It looks like a lot of fun, as expected. The game reveal trailer in full HD and Deadflip stream shortly after will surely increase hype....I just don't think you'll have trouble getting one NIB, if that's what you want. And if you're fully recovered from pandemic FOMO, you can prob get a used one for 500-1000 less in a few months.

Sterns going to be pumping these things out as quickly as possible with that shiny new factory

#1069 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...along with a cool shark that comes right out of the playfield in a menacing manner!

LOL you made beer come out of my nose

#1070 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

TCM kills Jaws.
Jaws will sell more.

I’m this close to pulling the trigger on a TCM! Just never had a spooky. A bit scared of reliability. But the game looks amazing
But I’m just holding out to see if jaws is better, then I’ll make my decision.

#1071 3 months ago

Accessories already on the Stern website include a plastic shark protection cage and a submersible powered by baking soda.
The Missing Chums (resized).jpgThe Missing Chums (resized).jpg
Do you think we'll find the missing chums in the Orca's chum bucket?

#1072 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well lucky you, there appears to be also not one but TWO boats that interact with the ball, along with a cool shark that comes right out of the playfield in a menacing manner!
And there’s a Spinny thingee, and a bunch of ramps and other shit. I think I saw a moving bucket!!
Honestly, that seems like an awful lot of stuff. So what, really, is the problem?
You realize this is a pinball machine, right? That’s all it was ever going to be.

Depends on your definition of menacing. The shark may be smiling depending on your POV.

#1073 3 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

I’m this close to pulling the trigger on a TCM! Just never had a spooky. A bit scared of reliability. But the game looks amazing

I have four and a preorder for LT. No issues with reliability and when I have needed help Spooky's tech and customer support have been top notch. TCM isn't my jam, but the description of the rules/modes sounds amazing.

#1074 3 months ago

I think the upper playfield is going to impress a lot of people when they see clearer pictures of it. It has some neat tricks up its sleeve

#1075 3 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Have no fear of Spooky. I have a Halloween and while its hated, theme integration and reliability have been spot on, 920CE. If i were on the fence, not even a question. $3000 cheaper, better integration and packed. TCM for the win.

#1076 3 months ago

#1077 3 months ago

I'm thinking you load the bucket with a ball (chum) from an upper playfield shot then hit the captive ball under the bucket to spill/release the ball (chum) for a multi. If you look behind the bucket in this pic you can see some sort of mech there.

chum (resized).jpgchum (resized).jpg

#1078 3 months ago

Obviously Keith fucked up;

Put all this shit in the game and all anybody really wants is a rubber shark that “eats” pinballs.

I coulda told him that!!! It ain’t rocket science!

Think of the dumbest, most obvious “toy” possible, and get it into the game. Its a little less exciting or “innovative,” but sometimes you just gotta give the people what they want.

#1079 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

You play as ‘Chief.’ Referenced as such by Quint.
Quint never called Brody by his real name.

He did, at least once. “Give him room, Brody!” When Brody has the stern cleat rope around Hooper.

IMG_8683 (resized).jpegIMG_8683 (resized).jpeg
#1080 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have no fear of Spooky. I have a Halloween and while its hated, theme integration and reliability have been spot on, 920CE. If i were on the fence, not even a question. $3000 cheaper, better integration and packed. TCM for the win.

Thanks mate. I’m in Australia and I have been a bit worried considering the some of the feedback. But I will say a lot of people mention that their tech support is first rate.
I think I’m going to go it!!
I’m going to sell my JJP pirates I think. Just hate the code on it. I never play it.

#1081 3 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Love our Scooby CE

#1082 3 months ago

F it! I’m getting both. TCM CE#152 pre ordered a few weeks back and just secured a Jaws LE. Luckily I’m extremely proficient at cunnilingus.

#1083 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

You know they will remove everything as in Godzillas pro.

I personally like gz pro over premium.

#1084 3 months ago

All looking really good. This is as packed as you are going to see from Stern. Some cool mechs. The artwork is exactly what it should be. If you wanted Godzilla type rainbow art and it lit up like Elton it would be ridiculous for this theme. Its got movie clips which everyone wanted. I can't imagine any complaints about this folks. Yeah the price is high, there are tons of other threads to discuss that. I'm happy its not another Zep (which I have and still love anyway). Can't wait to flip it.... .

#1085 3 months ago

It looks like the shark is a bash toy? But does it also lower and swallow the ball if you shoot into his mouth? Kinda looks like it.

#1086 3 months ago

Can someone confirm the Ben Gardner Eye Socket Ball Lock?

bg55 (resized).pngbg55 (resized).png
#1087 3 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]

LOL

#1088 3 months ago

Remember the vagi brain? Stern could have used this a stuck the shark in there.

image-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg
#1089 3 months ago

Reveals with bad art are a bummer, especially these days when we have tons of great pin artists. This looks NES Megaman box bad, with some photoshop elements plopped on.

Then again, I scoffed at the JP art & now it’s one of my favorite games - so, ya never know. Will play first. No FOMO.

#1090 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

I personally like gz pro over premium.

So do I. Down votes coming in!!

#1091 3 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

my scooby has had mild issues… and is an absolute blast. I would recommend spooky, their customer service is truly amazing. My tmnt has had a few issues too, but actually had to pull parts from my tmnt. Tcm and LT look super packed compared to this jaws. But im sure jaws will be another amazing pin for sure, and cant wait to play it.

Ill have to see jaws game play, but Looney tunes i think will get my money over jaws…. I think. I was all in on foo fighters, while its super fun, it lost its spark to me very quickly. Im thinking jaws may do the same for me.

#1092 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It looks like the shark is a bash toy? But does it also lower and swallow the ball if you shoot into his mouth? Kinda looks like it.

Looks just to be a bash toy. Your not getting a ball inside Bruce’s mouth. No ramp and it’s too high up and the opening is not level with the playfield.

#1093 3 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]

IMG_4310 (resized).jpegIMG_4310 (resized).jpeg
#1094 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

my scooby has had mild issues… and is an absolute blast. I would recommend spooky, their customer service is truly amazing. My tmnt has had a few issues too, but actually had to pull parts from my tmnt. Tcm and LT look super packed compared to this jaws. But im sure jaws will be another amazing pin for sure, and cant wait to play it.
Ill have to see jaws game play, but Looney tunes i think will get my money over jaws…. I think. I was all in on foo fighters, while its super fun, it lost its spark to me very quickly. Im thinking jaws may do the same for me.

I am definitely eying LT. Also Alien Ripley Edition. LT looks packed and great. I watched the TCM gameplay video and looks awesome. But wife said hell no because of the theme. Still loving my Scooby and Halloween CE’s.

#1095 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So do I. Down votes coming in!!

Count me in for the pro too. I’m borrowing a premium and I have the building disabled. It slows/stops the action. Bring on the downvotes!

#1096 3 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

F it! I’m getting both. TCM CE#152 pre ordered a few weeks back and just secured a Jaws LE. Luckily I’m extremely proficient at cunnilingus.

Pinballers are not efficient at that, they are used to playing with balls.

#1097 3 months ago

My 60Th has nothing in it compared to JAWS and what a great pin!

IMG_7033 (resized).jpegIMG_7033 (resized).jpeg
#1098 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My 60Th has nothing in it compared to JAWS and what a great pin!
[quoted image]

Nice! I'll give 5500 for it...

#1099 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

But does it also lower and swallow the ball if you shoot into his mouth? Kinda looks like it.

In the stages of grief, this would fall somewhere in between “denial” and “bargaining.”

#1100 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Nice! I'll give 5500 for it...

No way. Have to get $5501.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Scottsdale, AZ
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/22?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.