feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 148.
#5201 3 months ago

So the Elwin video wasn't up to par? I thought it laid out what the game was all about in 16 minutes from a great player and designer of the game. Spot on.

Elwin is just kind of like the pinball version of Bill Belichick personality wise

#5202 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thanks. Double bummer to that. Was looking forward to watching it in the gameroom tonight, and since it's on Stern's official channel I suspect there won't be any shenanigans, like the Bond stream where Gomez was getting looooose.

Ya that was great.

#5203 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So the Elwin video wasn't up to par? I thought it laid out what the game was all about in 16 minutes from a great player and designer of the game. Spot on.
Elwin is just kind of like the pinball version of Bill Belichick personality wise

This analogy is perfection

#5204 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It sounds like everyone can get the stern speaker lights with shark cut out,the barrel plunger and Armor.
So what’s the point in buying LE?

There has never been a good reason to buy an LE. If you're rich and want to feel special for writing a check, go for it.

#5205 3 months ago
Quoted from toaster777:

There may be side armour but it'll be different just like they've done on every other game. Same goes with art blades.

Bond may be the first tile where LE armor and blades are virtually identical.

#5206 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Thanks. Double bummer to that. Was looking forward to watching it in the gameroom tonight, and since it's on Stern's official channel I suspect there won't be any shenanigans, like the Bond stream where Gomez was getting looooose.

Loose Gomez is best Gomez haha. I think JDanger is joining the Monday stream so I'm expecting some good banter and loose play. I do get your point though, being on the official company channel may pucker some butts.

#5207 3 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

The best part of this thread will be in 6 months when we’ve somewhat forgotten Jaws doesn’t eat the ball and the genius of the layout, rules and deep code has this being a machine permanently in the pinside top 10.

Or it turns out to be AIQ and it isn’t.

The really best part will be if it does turn out to be a top 10 pin there will be plenty on the lightly used market for $1000 under MSRP.

#5208 3 months ago
Quoted from gamble89:

Ive found that anyone who talks about loving Cactus Canyon , MM , AFM , or Addams Family can be disregarded for opinions on what makes a good game.

When did this thread title change to Dum Dum… Jaws?

#5209 3 months ago

I know this would never happen but it would be fun if when you hit Start game, Quint said "Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!". And when you drain, this song played...

#5210 3 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I do get your point though, being on the official company channel may pucker some butts.

It was great seeing Elwin talk about his game in the video. Pinsiders are more in the know, and get it. But the masses that have played the game at CES who research afterwards may not get it, not knowing Elwin. If Stern wasn't happy with the Elwin video, then it's a win for Elwin. I bet he doesn't want to do that for Stern on all his future designs anyway.

#5211 3 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I know this would never happen but it would be fun if when you hit Start game, Quint said "Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!". And when you drain, this song played...

End of game would be great for this video! I could totally see this playing as the bonus totals are running up and the Dreyfuss face at the end with “Game Over”. Perfect. Lol

#5212 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

isn't he a shill for Pedreti now ? (just kidding man )

Wtf, no!! But good memory...I am interested to see what they come up with and at what price point!

#5213 3 months ago

Don’t know if it’s already in there, but here’s a tilt animation idea: Quint smashing the radio.

Would be funny AF. It’s as if Quint himself tilted the game and Brody bitched him out over it. Hahaha

#5214 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Both an similarily unanimated, but Belichick can be a prickly jerk while Keith is a humble, pleasant guy

#5215 3 months ago

When people say the Jaws boat looks like the Stugots from Sopranos, they're missing a key distinction: the boat eats the balls on Sopranos. The safe also eats balls. And there is a handsome looking fish with moving jaws off to the side. Delightful game

#5216 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

When people say the Jaws boat looks like the Stugots from Sopranos, they're missing a key distinction: the boat eats the balls on Sopranos. The safe also eats balls. And there is a handsome looking fish with moving jaws off to the side. Delightful game

Way to twist the knife bro....

#5217 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Way to twist the knife bro....

Sorry, I know people are still upset the giant fish in Sopranos doesn't actually eat the ball

#5218 3 months ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Don’t know if it’s already in there, but here’s a tilt animation idea: Quint smashing the radio.
Would be funny AF. It’s as if Quint himself tilted the game and Brody bitched him out over it. Hahaha

if the Stern IC has a network connectivity problem, the error screen could be Quint bashing the radio

#5219 3 months ago

!

#5220 3 months ago

3D glasses arrived today.

I am ready!

20240112_132346 (resized).jpg20240112_132346 (resized).jpg
#5221 3 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

3D glasses arrived today.
I am ready![quoted image]

Those are the good ones...

#5222 3 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Those are the good ones...

How’s the 3-D look anyone experience it?

#5223 3 months ago

how could anyone be hyped about this game after watching Elwin struggle the entire stream to hit that ramp that leads to the upper pf. if he has a hard time hitting it what do you think the rest of us are going to do?

hoping he didn't pitch it right before the stream and Jack can show us that it just needs to be set up right but prob not lol. I'm sure elwin knows how to pitch and level a pinball machine.

#5224 3 months ago

I was expecting the shark toy to be more in line with the stranger things bash but even better. We didn’t get that!

Something like this could have been epic! No excuses I’m sorry but for the money they are charging I find it hard to believe that the engineers over at Stern were not able to find any possible way to make it work and at the same time make it exciting. Obviously I don’t know the internal details but i’d guess likely is they didn’t have enough time to get it right, maybe a budget issue etc. but I feel this is going to just continue to frustrate a handful of loyal buyers who are spending top dollar and way less

This is what it needed!
Bash the shark a few times and then a small jump ramp would pop up and you shoot the jump ramp into the shark mouth.

First the shark grabs/eats it and takes the ball under water / under the playfield kind of like how the Thing/Hand does it in Addams family.
This then activates a lower playfield, located in a similar position to where they have it in the big Lebowski. Now the shark fight continues, but under the playfield. Likely, the G.I. lights in the upper playfield would go dark..

While you’re battling the shark under the playfield, every time you hit the shark, all of the lights in the machine strobe red which represents blood. For LE owners the expression lighting in the speakers would be animated as well. After a few hits under the playfield, the shark swims back to the main playfield for the final kill shot. But this time it’s a different shark toy that appears.

This shark has blood stains all over it to represent what the shark would look like after taking all of the hits under the playfield (think of bride of pinbot, where the upper playfield can flip and have multiple playfields. Think champion pub. The boxer turns around and there’s the punching bag toy to hit).

Now load a crossbow toy for the final shot to kill the shark. Jump ramp comes back up so you can shoot the shark in the mouth and you destroy the shark mixed in with an epic light show with strobes going nuts, crazy shaker motor fx etc.

Maybe you have the choice of the crossbow or a flipper hit to kill the shark. if the Pinball registers that you use the crossbow to do the final killshot, then maybe that adds something like 2x play Field scoring for 30 seconds, or some kind of reward.

Maybe we’ll get something like that in Jaws 2 from the Jersey Jack Pinball team!!!

#5225 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sorry, I know people are still upset the giant fish in Sopranos doesn't actually eat the ball

That particular fish didn't eat anyone in Sopranos but it did talk/sing and I'm pretty sure it does that in the pinball machine.

#5226 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I was expecting the shark toy to be more in line with the stranger things bash but even better. We didn’t get that!
Something like this could have been epic! No excuses I’m sorry but for the money they are charging I find it hard to believe that the engineers over at Stern were not able to find any possible way to make it work and at the same time make it exciting.
This is what it needed!
Bash the shark a few times and then for the last shot a small jump ramp would pop up and you have one shot to get the ball in jaws mouth with the similar toy like from The Walking Dead crossbow.
Shoot the shark, shark eats it and takes the ball under the playfield similar to the Hand in Addams followed by an epic light show with strobes going nuts, crazy shaker motor, great sound effects.
Maybe we’ll get something like that in Jaws 2 from the Jersey Jack Pinball team!!!

Tell us how you really feel!

#5227 3 months ago

Any ideas if there is concern for playfield wear along track of moving fin or that swimming pool shaped cut out area around this fin track that is slightly unpainted (ala type of damage that occurs by scoops where Cliffy's help)?

I'm guessing it will be fine, but curious what others think or who have seen it in person.

#5228 3 months ago

I'm with Jeffgoldstein2..With all this high tech spike system shit ..why can't u come up with what everyone wants???WTF..

#5229 3 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Any ideas if there is concern for playfield wear along track of moving fin or that swimming pool shaped cut out area around this fin track that is slightly unpainted (ala type of damage that occurs by scoops where Cliffy's help)?
I'm guessing it will be fine, but curious what others think or who have seen it in person.

I was under the impression this area was made of polycarbonate

#5230 3 months ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

That particular fish didn't eat anyone in Sopranos but it did talk/sing and I'm pretty sure it does that in the pinball machine.

Billy Bass?

#5231 3 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

how could anyone be hyped about this game after watching Elwin struggle the entire stream to hit that ramp that leads to the upper pf. if he has a hard time hitting it what do you think the rest of us are going to do?
hoping he didn't pitch it right before the stream and Jack can show us that it just needs to be set up right but prob not lol. I'm sure elwin knows how to pitch and level a pinball machine.

Maybe it’s just a shot like GZ’s left ramp, Aliens side ramp, Bonds left orbit/ramp, JP’s tower ramp, or GB’s right ramp in that they are just tough shots .Just my opinion, but the day they stop adding tough shots to pinballs will be the day I stop buying/playing them.

#5232 3 months ago

Something like this could have been epic! No excuses I’m sorry but for the money they are charging I find it hard to believe that the engineers over at Stern were not able to find any possible way to make it work and at the same time make it exciting. Obviously I don’t know the internal details but i’d guess likely is they didn’t have enough time to get it right, maybe a budget issue etc. but I feel this is going to just continue to frustrate a handful of loyal buyers who are spending top dollar on games these days and getting less magic under the glass.

Here is my version of the shark battle which would provide an incredible Pinball moment!!!

Bash the shark a few times and then a small jump ramp would pop up and you shoot the jump ramp into the shark mouth.
First the shark grabs/eats it and takes the ball under water / under the playfield kind of like how the Thing/Hand does it in Addams family.
This then activates a lower playfield, located in a similar position to where they have it in the big Lebowski. Now the shark fight continues, but under the playfield. Likely, the G.I. lights in the upper playfield would go dark..
While you’re battling the shark under the playfield, every time you hit the shark, all of the lights in the machine strobe red which represents blood. For LE owners the expression lighting in the speakers would be animated as well. After a few hits under the playfield, the shark swims back to the main playfield for the final kill shot. But this time it’s a different shark toy that appears.
This shark has blood stains all over it to represent what the shark would look like after taking all of the hits under the playfield (think of bride of pinbot, where the upper playfield can flip and have multiple playfields. Think champion pub. The boxer turns around and there’s the punching bag toy to hit).
Now load a crossbow toy for the final shot to kill the shark. Jump ramp comes back up so you can shoot the shark in the mouth and you destroy the shark mixed in with an epic light show with strobes going nuts, crazy shaker motor fx etc.
Maybe you have the choice of the crossbow or a flipper hit to kill the shark. if the Pinball registers that you use the crossbow to do the final killshot, then maybe that adds something like 2x play Field scoring for 30 seconds, or some kind of reward.

#5233 3 months ago

Something like this could have been epic! No excuses I’m sorry but for the money they are charging I find it hard to believe that the engineers over at Stern were not able to find any possible way to make it work and at the same time make it exciting. Obviously I don’t know the internal details but i’d guess likely is they didn’t have enough time to get it right, maybe a budget issue etc. but I feel this is going to just continue to frustrate a handful of loyal buyers who are spending top dollar on games these days and getting less magic under the glass.

Here is my version of the shark battle which would provide an incredible Pinball moment!!!

Cool but now they need to charge Big Lebowski money and people rage even harder about prices these days

#5234 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Maybe it’s just a shot like GZ’s left ramp, Aliens side ramp, Bonds left orbit/ramp, JP’s tower ramp, or GB’s right ramp in that they are just tough shots .Just my opinion, but the day they stop adding tough shots to pinballs will be the day I stop buying/playing them.

One of the most satisfying shots in pinball is the treehouse ramp on TSPP. I land that shot maybe one out of every eight attempts.

#5235 3 months ago

I would think it had to have got cut from the budget. They had plenty of time and is anyone really going to believe this crew couldn’t make it happen? It’s not in there and I’m just going to move forward with what is. Found out we’re getting a pro at league and have to check with other locations to find a prem. It’s new pin time and I’m chomping at the bits!

#5236 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This is what I feel 100%.

I put a couple hours on a Jaws, and that shot is a tough one, and I feel it's meant to be.

Additionally, it has a cool feature where if you almost get it up to the top, but fail, it drops the ball down into the right wireform to feed your flipper for another attempt.

#5237 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

One of the most satisfying shots in pinball is the treehouse ramp on TSPP. I land that shot maybe one out of every eight attempts.

Which is that? I’ve just played it for the first time recently and very cool so far.

#5238 3 months ago

Quick random question about Pinside Top 100 list.

Why in the last 2 weeks does every game and every rating score have blue ovals with either a "NEW" or "*" inside them. Wasn't sure where else to ask this question. Just a curious mind and hope these blue ovals go away at some point.

#5239 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Which is that? I’ve just played it for the first time recently and very cool so far.

It's a shot from the upper right flipper up a ramp that leads to the upper playfield; I've played three different TSPPs and it's tough as hell on every one. It starts the Treehouse of Horror mode if you have it lit.

#5240 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

isn't he a shill for Pedreti now ? (just kidding man )

Aren’t you a shrill for Stern lol
(Just kidding man)

#5241 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I don't know, I think they may be onto something. For decades, when people think "Keith Elwin" they think about his famously hype and hyper, bouncing off the walls energy and demeanor. But none of that is present in the new Jaws video with him.

Watch all the other game launch videos he has been in and see if you still think that.

#5242 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Aren’t you a shrill for Stern lol
(Just kidding man)

still stealing other peoples jokes

#5243 3 months ago

I find it funny you envisioned something like the STr bash toy when many can't shoot into the mouth of the Demogorgon on that game. They would probably have to the triple the BOM on a game to achieve anything close to what you are proposing and the more involved these toys are they tend to not work fully or break a ton.

#5244 3 months ago

You'd be perfect at JJP, you should send them your CV, they need more designers to create half a game that they never finish.

#5245 3 months ago

Observing that the people who most dislike the game are ones who haven't played it and people who have played it really like it. If only I could determine whose opinion to value more!

#5246 3 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

You probably can’t play it enough in your lifetime to worry about it.

#5247 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Observing that the people who most dislike the game are ones who haven't played it and people who have played it really like it. If only I could determine whose opinion to value more!

Sounds a lot like EJ as well

Why wouldn’t anybody like how JAWS plays? Elwin video got me excited. Won’t get one now but maybe later. Probably later.

#5248 3 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

White armor with a shark bite. And if your home pin isn't in a line up with other pins, the shiny cabinet sides.

Didn't they already show the add on armour you can buy on the premium on one video?

https://www.instagram.com/the_80s_garage/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c550b1f0-3722-44bc-8720-3230fb16264f

dsfdsfds (resized).pngdsfdsfds (resized).png
#5249 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You'd be perfect at JJP, you should send them your CV, they need more designers to create half a game that they never finish.

Bless your heart your at it again

#5250 3 months ago
Quoted from kevmo:

Didn't they already show the add on armour you can buy on the premium on one video?
https://www.instagram.com/the_80s_garage/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c550b1f0-3722-44bc-8720-3230fb16264f
[quoted image]

Yep and the art blades, those are not the same as the LEs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
13,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/105?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.