Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220517_121914 (resized).jpg
9F37CF49-937C-49CB-BFED-FBB6B8A243B1 (resized).jpeg
20220516_121838 (resized).jpg
20220515_180821 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Anyone know the part number I need for this little crimp connector for the trough board connector for ST:TNG?
Sorry the pic I couldn't get phone to focus.

Appears the prior owner(s) crammed the two gray/yellow wires in the connector hole hoping for good electrical connection to the installed crimp. Worked for years but not today....time to fix.

I compared this to my Popeye. It only has one wire to two places on this connector. Anyone know why ST:TNG needs two black wires and two gray/yellow wires? Is this even the correct connector? Popeye's connector is clear plastic.

20220515_180821 (resized).jpg20220515_180821 (resized).jpg20220516_121838 (resized).jpg20220516_121838 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

I think I found what I need at Marco.
Is this the right item?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CT100S

#3 1 year ago

I found some I had..Just had to dig.
But still curious why two wires to each crimp on ST:TNG vs Popeye has one wire to each crimp.

#4 1 year ago

Maybe in STTNG it daisy chains along to another location?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Maybe in STTNG it daisy chains along to another location?

I thought that too. Can someone check their ST:TNG trough opto board 5 pin connector for me to confirm if there are two pairs of two wires or just two wires?
I looked at my Popeye & Demolition Man. Both of those only have two single lead wires going to the 5 pin connector.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I thought that too. Can someone check their ST:TNG trough opto board 5 pin connector for me to confirm if there are two pairs of two wires or just two wires?
I looked at my Popeye & Demolition Man. Both of those only have two single lead wires going to the 5 pin connector.

Your connector has been replaced. The original had both wires going through the connector on STTNG

9F37CF49-937C-49CB-BFED-FBB6B8A243B1 (resized).jpeg9F37CF49-937C-49CB-BFED-FBB6B8A243B1 (resized).jpeg
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

Your connector has been replaced. The original had both wires going through the connector on STTNG[quoted image]

So appears I need a 5 pin IDC style connector on .100 centers?
I can't fit/crimp both wires into the micro crimp male pin unless I just crimp the wires without the insulation (too much to fit with it ) and that is a daunting task trying crimp that inside the coin door opening or with playfield up high in the air. UGH
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

#8 1 year ago

Pull the PF forward and rest it on the lockdown bar receiver. Sit on a stool and do it.

Do the crimp style, but connect the wires together and make a short pigtail. Solder the two wires and the pig tail together and heat shrink it. Crimp pin. Done.

#9 1 year ago

Wow, what a dumdum I was not thinking I could lift the playfield to get easy access to that area.

Anyhow, thanks to your advice and my steady hands, I was able to strip insulation, pigtail the two wires, solder, trim, slide a small piece of heat shrink over and down the wires, then crimp. Here's a pic before I put it in the 5 pin connector.

Only thing I don't like is the ability for the connector to slide down/off the pins from vibration.

The original connector had a locking tab on it which is long gone.

I'm thinking of super glue and a small, ultra thin piece of plastic glued along the base edge so it can "catch" the locking tab on the opto board.

Thanks for chiming in and offering advice.

20220517_121914 (resized).jpg20220517_121914 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crimp-connector-pn-for-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.