(Topic ID: 55123)

Craftsman Digital Multimeter, $15 at KMart (store pickup)

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

4 months later
    #3 10 years ago

Good deal.

#4 10 years ago

I have been meaning to pick this up for a few weeks. Who says procrastinating doesn't pay off?

#5 10 years ago

i've got the sears one posted above, great basic meter, takes a 9 volt battery that lasts forever as long as you remember to turn your meter off. Also has a great rugged case around it. It isnt a Fluke by any means but its great for basic stuff and better than any HF crap

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

i've got the sears one posted above, great basic meter, takes a 9 volt battery that lasts forever as long as you remember to turn your meter off. Also has a great rugged case around it. It isnt a Fluke by any means but its great for basic stuff and better than any HF crap

Curious why you think this one is any better than Harbor Freight?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

In my experience(not with their multimeters) with electronic tools from HF (digital calipers, impact gun, OBD reader, digital tire gauge) they have all died within a year of ownership.

My craftsman multimeter has not been treated any differently than the HF tools I have had... and i've had it for at least... 10 years

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Anyone old enough to remember when Craftsman and Snap-on meters were made in America rather than China like HF????

#9 10 years ago

HF is great for stuff that doesn't have a lot of moving parts and you dont need precision out of. Pretty hard to screw up a rubber mallet. Powertools, I'd stay away unless you only plan on using it once.

#10 10 years ago

This is the one I've got. Decent. Does the job. For 10 bucks, it's hard to beat.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/craftsman-digital-multimeter-15-at-kmart-store-pickup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.