Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 250 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed(1) (resized).jpg
    comet_black_friday_2020 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    12955C65-4FC8-449F-B2C8-2AB5D0C69E78 (resized).jpeg
    20191211_153143.jpg
    20191211_153212.jpg
    20191211_152443.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-194453_Firefox.jpg
    F26F95CD-F97F-4158-8E32-BD7E055CD9DE (resized).jpeg
    D8012EB4-EC0A-43A7-B2E3-DF25B59C7436 (resized).jpeg
    69726477-A692-4485-B192-C2EE0A483B5C (resized).jpeg
    CF2929C1-FC6A-4DA2-B17E-BE1DA83BCC74 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191203-062430 (resized).jpg
    all_put_away (resized).png
    comet_goodies (resized).png
    There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Guess I'll just have to start buying all of my LEDs from someone who gets me.

Try nifty.

And send all your comet stickers to me. I’ll pay the shipping.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Ryan,
    Do you sell any leds where the white has a bluish tint? I normally don't like them, but they look good on my TFTC.
    Thanks,
    Gabe

Experiment with Ice Blue or Cool White. I’m using Ice Blue for everything related to “STEP” [edit: in my Funhouse] because of the unusual pale blue color of those inserts.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Do you sell any leds where the white has a bluish tint? I normally don't like them, but they look good on my TFTC.

Quoted from spblat:

Experiment with Ice Blue or Cool White. I’m using Ice Blue for everything related to “STEP” because of the unusual pale blue color of those inserts.

I don't want to open up a can of worms here, but our Cool White Flux bulbs (https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1flux-bulbs) have a hue that distinctly bluish compared to other families of bulbs. But, they're over 2x more expensive, you're paying for functionality you don't need, and they don't have a frosted option, so they will be pretty bright if you have a direct line of sight to them. How's that for a sales pitch?

#54 4 years ago

I have a blue LED strip that runs up the auto shooter lane on my TZ, installed by the previous owner and connected to a flasher. Looks like this:

3 LEDs on the strip no longer work (not shown), so I’m looking to replace it.

Do Comet have anything that would replace this? I don’t know Williams flashes voltage but I always thought it was more than 12v?

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Durzel:

3 LEDs on the strip no longer work (not shown), so I’m looking to replace it.

Do Comet have anything that would replace this? I don’t know Williams flashes voltage but I always thought it was more than 12v?

The flashers are 12v in that game, so if you're connecting to one of those, you would want a 12v strip. We do have colored 12v strips (https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strip-12v), but they're very short (only about 2 inches long). We have longer ones, but they're in white only. I could see us eventually carrying longer colored strips in 12v, especially since those would work for GI in JJP games.

#56 4 years ago

Ordered, thank you!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ordered, thank you!

Amazing - thank you!!

And if that wasn't a clue to everyone else, the sale is live!

#58 4 years ago

AAAAAAAnd it's done. WHEE!

#59 4 years ago

Can't wait to here what the damage is. I know I put a very large order in (most of my games are still incandescent but with the new retro led's that's going to change) and it sounds like at least 1 other person was putting in a very large order if they redid their cart

Thanks for doing the sale again this year!

#60 4 years ago

I grabbed 100 of the frosted 2SMD sunlights. Figured those will be sold out sooner than later so set an alarm. Only need a handful but doesn't hurt to have extra stock! Thanks for the sale!!

#61 4 years ago

Order in

Done and Done

Heavy Sigh

Thank you again !!

#62 4 years ago

Did I set the record for Black Friday?

--Vaughn

#63 4 years ago

Got mine! Hopefully I ordered the right ones for my machine.

#64 4 years ago

Order placed thanks as always. Love the trough light kits!

#65 4 years ago

What happened to the Fluted Bulbs? Those discontinued?

If anyone has red fluted in their stash they don't need, I'd be interested to buy.

#66 4 years ago

Small order placed!

#67 4 years ago

*Add to Cart*

#68 4 years ago

Put in my very 1st order been kicking around leds but been Leary of going that way. Have probably 4 boxes off 100 old school bulbs in parts drawer too.

#69 4 years ago

Thanks! Cant wait to try the retros in my paragon!

#70 4 years ago

Grabbed over 400 2smds and picked a matrix sampler to try as my gift.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Yours is up for consideration. Maybe I'll look back after the sale is order. There have been at least one or two in that range before. But we're humbled nonetheless.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

What happened to the Fluted Bulbs? Those discontinued?

If anyone has red fluted in their stash they don't need, I'd be interested to buy.

They were so infrequently ordered that we dropped the color ones (but are still stocking whites). There are some colors left, just not red unfortunately.

What were you using them for primarily?

Quoted from orangegsx:

Thanks! Cant wait to try the retros in my paragon!

I've got 'em in mine!

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've got 'em in mine!

Quick question... because the retros have the resistor in them, will they work in bally inserts without blinking or do you still need the altek board? Going to do it either way, just curious. Thanks

#73 4 years ago

Are blinking bulbs sold out? I can't add them to my cart

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

They were so infrequently ordered that we dropped the color ones (but are still stocking whites). There are some colors left, just not red unfortunately.
    What were you using them for primarily?

Yeah, I could see that, as there's probably limited practicality because of the projection distribution. But for the eyes in my Black Knight topper that characteristic worked perfectly: the head-on beam gives a real piercing feel and somehow feels more alive as the intensity changes more with angle.

I probably experiment with bulbs too much, ha...

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

--Vaughn

Over $1000?

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Quick question... because the retros have the resistor in them, will they work in bally inserts without blinking or do you still need the altek board? Going to do it either way, just curious. Thanks

Actually, the Retros don't have anything special in them. For the inserts on Paragon, you'd need the Altek board (which I don't have any experience with), or you can use the early Bally/Stern adapter boards, which we carry: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/bally-stern-flicker-eliminator

Quoted from Daditude:

Are blinking bulbs sold out? I can't add them to my cart

Which ones? We don't have fast blinking Sunlight, in bayonet or wedge, because those didn't arrive in time. All other types should be in stock. Send me a PM with the link and we can work it out.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Actually, the Retros don't have anything special in them. For the inserts on Paragon, you'd need the Altek board (which I don't have any experience with), or you can use the early Bally/Stern adapter boards, which we carry: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/bally-stern-flicker-eliminator

Which ones? We don't have fast blinking Sunlight, in bayonet or wedge, because those didn't arrive in time. All other types should be in stock. Send me a PM with the link and we can work it out.

No blue blinking lights can be added. No wedge red lights can be added

#78 4 years ago

New Q & A:

Q: It won't let me order X bulb, what gives?
    A: Some products don't have all possible combinations available. For example, red & blue blinking bulbs are only available as slow blinking bayonets. (We don't yet carry them in wedges, or as fast blinking. Should we?). If you've set the dropdowns, and it won't let you add to cart, it's because either: we don't carry that, or we're out of stock. However, if we're out of stock, you will see a button to click that will let you enter your email so that you'll be notified when it's back in stock. Sorry about that!

#79 4 years ago

Gutted.

Needed Amber 555 Frosted 2SMDs for my TZ and they’re sold out already. No 25 packs left and only 8 singles. Wrecks my whole plan and therefore my $450+ order. Only needed one bag of 25 too.

Any idea when these will be coming back in stock? Obviously going to miss the Black Friday sale.

Didn’t realise there were so many big shots waiting to clean Comet out!

#80 4 years ago

Order placed! Should be good for the next year. Haha.

#81 4 years ago

Order placed! I see a lot of games from 2019 with some 2SMD Sunlight bulbs in their future

The Western Mass Pinball Club thanks you for your awesome products!

#82 4 years ago

No retro bullet 44 warm white frosted !
    Guess I'll have to wait till next year.

#83 4 years ago

Anyone have any experience with the 2SMD in System 11 inserts? The LEDs in there now have major ghosting so I was going to replace them but just noticed the non ghosting wasn't on sale.

#84 4 years ago

Ordered, sure I missed something

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Anyone have any experience with the 2SMD in System 11 inserts? The LEDs in there now have major ghosting so I was going to replace them but just noticed the non ghosting wasn't on sale.

Yes. I put them in a Fire! And they were fine. I was told Big Guns ghosted bad so I preemptively put money ghosting in that game. But Fire was fine for regular 2 smd bulbs.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Durzel:

Needed Amber 555 Frosted 2SMDs for my TZ and they’re sold out already

Really sorry about that.

There were a few bulbs that were unexpectedly low, and this was one of them....but it's also the most substitutable bulb there is: warm white, yellow, and pink are all great substitutes. 1SMD and 1SMD non-ghosting are also good substitutes. As are clear bulbs, instead of frosted (which we do have as 2SMDs).

I know you're overseas, but there are enough workarounds that I don't think it's worth missing out on the sale for.

Quoted from grantopia:

If you're having ghosting issues, the only type of bulb that is going to solve it is a non-ghosting bulb, so 2SMDs would not be a good choice. Non-ghosting bulbs are never put on sale unfortunately, because the economics are different.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Oof, those went quick. The SMD Retros are so new that we didn't have enough data to estimate quantities very well.

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not sure I would wait till next year though. The last few years, the only things that have been consistently on sale are the 2SMDs and 8SMD flashers - everything else has changed from year to year.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. I put them in a Fire! And they were fine. I was told Big Guns ghosted bad so I preemptively put money ghosting in that game. But Fire was fine for regular 2 smd bulbs.

Awesome thanks!

Quoted from ryanwanger:

Really sorry about that.
    There were a few bulbs that were unexpectedly low, and this was one of them....but it's also the most substitutable bulb there is: warm white, yellow, and pink are all great substitutes. 1SMD and 1SMD non-ghosting are also good substitutes. As are clear bulbs, instead of frosted (which we do have as 2SMDs).
    I know you're overseas, but there are enough workarounds that I don't think it's worth missing out on the sale for.

If you're having ghosting issues, the only type of bulb that is going to solve it is a non-ghosting bulb, so 2SMDs would not be a good choice. Non-ghosting bulbs are never put on sale unfortunately, because the economics are different.

I'm guessing/hoping its the LEDs. They look like the kind you'd buy in bulk on ebay and aren't very bright.

#89 4 years ago

I can't seem to put anything in my cart that's on sale. Out of stock stuff says "out of stock" but other stuff just says LOADING. Anything I can do?

Edit: Nevermind, corporate network content filter.

#90 4 years ago

By a good bit! Doing full LED on 10 machines and lighting accents on AC/DC Premium and AFMrLE. Plus DMD Glare Eliminators for for the 8 machines with DMDs.

#91 4 years ago

Just put in my small $438 order

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

ive used them in whirlwind, they ghost some but not bad. still look great, actually.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

I can't seem to put anything in my cart that's on sale. Out of stock stuff says "out of stock" but other stuff just says LOADING. Anything I can do?
    Edit: Nevermind, corporate network content filter.

Get to work!

#94 4 years ago

My order shipped already

#95 4 years ago

Hey Ryan- any idea when the Pop Bumper Discs, 555, Red will be back in stock? I was able to get everything I needed (and some things I didn't need) but wasn't able to get that for my Getaway Pop Bumper (Red, Yellow, Green). TIA

#96 4 years ago

Retros are out of stock

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Guess I'll have to wait till next year.

Yeah, I logged on at 7am and both the regular and bullet warm white 44's were gone or never in stock. : (

#98 4 years ago

Big shout out to Ryan, thanks for taking care of my order when I goofed it up, you the man!

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Yeah, I logged on at 7am and both the regular and bullet warm white 44's were gone or never in stock. : (

They were in stock. I woke up earlier and got both.

#100 4 years ago

I placed my order last night as soon as it went live, the way people in this thread were talking I figured items would sell out.

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale/page/2?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.