WOZ.jpg
ShooterLane.jpg
20131022_211223_resized.jpg
20131024_215632_resized.jpg
20131024_215603_resized.jpg
woz-pro-set-1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
1 week later
#102 10 years ago

Got my WOZ AND my Cliffy's today! Thanks Cliff! Is there an instruction sheet yet on the install? Can't wait to unbox it and get these on it.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Got my WOZ AND my Cliffy's today! Thanks Cliff! Is there an instruction sheet yet on the install? Can't wait to unbox it and get these on it.

Another WOZ in the old dominion, nice.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

No instructions needed. Just take pictures before you take big stuff apart. You'll thank me later.

#105 10 years ago

You will need at adjust leaf switches beneath the rollovers

#106 10 years ago

Thanks - I know I can wing it and get through it. I installed them in both LOTR and Tron no problem. That said, it's always good to have instructions with detailed pics. I know these are new so I plan on taking lots of pics during my install and hopefully putting the instruction sheet together.

#107 10 years ago

OK - Cliffy Install done, but it was absolutely NOT a breeze. This is not Cliff's fault, and will get better as the knowledge of the install spreads. I actually found the Castle VUK to be the hardest install. The Munchkin playfield was a a little bit of a PITA, but more confusing then difficult. The manual's instructions for removing the mini-PF were off on the colors for one of the connectors. Not a huge deal, but made it a little confusing. Also, on the crystal ball VUK protector, it has to slide under the left side rail, so you have to loosen the screws from under the PF. It's also important to note for that one that the ramp is in two sections, so you only have to remove the two screws for that section of the ramp and then it unhooks from the main ramp. I initially thought it was one piece and removed all the screws for that ramp.

Bottom line is that, as always, they look and work like they should have come with the machine. Thanks Cliff!

There are, as I mentioned, some tips that will help make your life easier or at least let you know what to expect. For example, when installing the castle vuk protector, you have to remove the black spacer/stand-off between the right ramp and the plastic. This thing is in there tight! You basically have to use a good bit of leverage and lift up on the ramp to unscrew this standoff. And it is worse getting the threads started when you put it back in. I was concerned a couple of times because I didn't want to rip the ramp off the playfield, but you do have a use a good bit of force.

I intend on trying to put together an instruction sheet if I can get around to it this weekend. I took lots of pictures. Merry Christmas everyone!

#108 10 years ago

Now I'm really nervous. I was going to install the munchkinland pf protector tomorrow so that if I mess it up the tech can get me back to a functional machine on Friday. Then I'll do the easy ones. Then I'll think about the nasty ones some other time when I get bored. I'm also worried about installing the rollover protectors because I don't really know how to adjust the switches on the bottoms so they work right again. I have a switch adjustor tool...I just don't know how to do it!

Your instructions would be a great help, but I think I'm on my own for the PF edge protector tomorrow. Pray for me!

#109 10 years ago

Now that I've done it, I feel fairly confident about it, but I understand exactly what you mean. I sent you a PM with my contact info. Feel free to call me if you want me to walk you through it. Merry Christmas.

#110 10 years ago

any chance these instructions will be done finished up anytime soon? i just got my protectors and want to get started. thanks. happy new year everyone.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from robbn:

any chance these instructions will be done finished up anytime soon? i just got my protectors and want to get started. thanks. happy new year everyone.

Here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-cliffy-install-instructions-completed

2 weeks later
#113 10 years ago

Thanks guys and especially Ray! Linked on my new WOZ protector page Adam linked above.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

3 years later
#114 6 years ago

Hate to revive an old thread but as I was taking apart he castle vuk to install the Cliffs I had a black plastic spacer or washer fall out and I didn’t see where it went to in the assembly. Now I am stuck on reassembling this till I can find out where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also it looks like it has impressions on it that match the tabs of the habitrail but it wouldn’t make much sense to have only one on one side or maybe it would.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

7 months later
#115 5 years ago

Had to resurrect this old thread as of course the black rubber nubs came off the plastics when I was installing the castle vuk protector. What is the best method to put it in? I would be trying brute force, but it seems like it does not really work like that and in order to save the plastics from being broken, I look forward to hear how you've done it.

EDIT: I should have waited a few minutes. Pressing the plastic down and pulling the nub with nails at the same time seemed to work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-woz-protector-set/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.