3EB4C11C-1F87-4DEF-BF6D-3CC7C0C86008 (resized).jpeg
Pee-wee mockup.png
The Warriors.png
beavis and butthead mockup.png
01-danger (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_213852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231020_201214 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_124825 (resized).jpg
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 9 months ago

Haven't seen a thread on this years show. Whos all going Oct 18th - 21st

#2 9 months ago

I was invited. Haven't decided yet. Maybe come for one day ?

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago

All day Thursday - Saturday. (I live 20 minutes away)

#4 9 months ago

I’ll be up there Thursday!

#5 9 months ago

We will be there and coming in big again, we will have a ton of stern games available. If your looking for a stern there to take home at the end, message us as soon as you can as they will be first come first served. We are expecting to have around 80 games that will be opened up for the show

#6 9 months ago

We plan on going again this year.

#7 9 months ago

What is everyone bringing as well?

#8 9 months ago

I'm hoping to make it this year for at least a day and the Stern factory tour. We have a lot of weddings in October and it means finding a babysitter...

#9 9 months ago

Definitely going for opening day

#10 9 months ago

Be there Thurs and Fri nights. It's where I get most of my cardio for the year.

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was invited.

I wasn't, but will crash the party anyway.

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

What is everyone bringing as well?

Last year was the first time Berk brought a ton of *working* games to the show. So many that by Wednesday afternoon there was barely any space for the handful of games my friends and I usually bring. Dare I say it almost felt unnecessary to bring one? Good problem to have.

Back in the Wheeling/Rosemont era, a huge game-bringer benefit was accessing the game hall while it's closed to the public. That's not a thing anymore, so if the only remaining benefit is free admission, I can think of easier ways to earn $125 than breaking down a game, hauling it, setting it up, and doing it all again in reverse. I'm gettin' too old for that shit.

#13 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Last year was the first time Berk brought a ton of *working* games to the show. So many that by Wednesday afternoon there was barely any space for the handful of games my friends and I usually bring. Dare I say it almost felt unnecessary to bring one? Good problem to have.
In the past a huge game-bringer benefit was accessing the game hall while it's closed to the public. That's not a thing anymore, so if the only remaining benefit is free admission, I can think of easier ways to earn $125 than breaking down a game, hauling it, setting it up, and doing it all again in reverse. I'm gettin' too old for that shit.

I wonder what his plan is for this year? Pull a bunch out of his arcade maybe? 348 games listed there now...

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/17578-past-times-arcade-girard-oh

#14 9 months ago

I plan to be there, introducing many of the seminars.
.................David Marston

#15 9 months ago

Been a lurker on pinside for over a decade... posting my first message in a loooong time (Wahooo!). My wife and I are planning on attending, looking forward to a good time.

#16 9 months ago

LTG : ) Show returns Friday evening.

See you there.

#17 9 months ago

The Electric Playground will be there displaying both our Godzilla and Twilight Zone toppers, so be sure to swing by our booth and say hello! We'll also be running a little tourney at our booth with some awesome prizes to help entice folks to stop by. Should be a stone cold groove for sure!

#18 9 months ago

Project Pinball will have a booth as well as a charity auction (feel free to PM for donation details). Please stop by and you may even have a chance to meet Flippy!

project (resized).jpgproject (resized).jpg
#19 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Back in the Wheeling/Rosemont era, a huge game-bringer benefit was accessing the game hall while it's closed to the public. That's not a thing anymore, so if the only remaining benefit is free admission, I can think of easier ways to earn $125 than breaking down a game, hauling it, setting it up, and doing it all again in reverse. I'm gettin' too old for that shit.

Yes, the crew spent several months getting them ready and they looked good. Looking forward to see what is there.

#20 9 months ago

Anything in the close proximity that we must see? (Not in the Big City) Going to go see the show at Medieval times is the one that should make for a good dinner.

#21 9 months ago
Quoted from Jake123:

Going to go see the show at Medieval times is the one that should make for a good dinner.

Eh, don't get your hopes up.

Quoted from Jake123:

Anything in the close proximity that we must see? (Not in the Big City)

Legoland if you're traveling with kids, I guess? Vast majority of worthwhile Chicagoland culture is in the city proper. Schaumburg is a prototypical milquetoast suburb. Giant mall, chain restaurants, office parks as far as the eye can see. You're already doing the one interesting thing in town: Expo.

#22 9 months ago
Quoted from Jake123:

Anything in the close proximity that we must see? (Not in the Big City) Going to go see the show at Medieval times is the one that should make for a good dinner.

A chain, albeit a small one and good burgers.

https://kumascorner.com/schaumburg/

#23 9 months ago

I'll be there all 3 days... the wife said she's in for 2. Might bring a couple of my machines?

#24 9 months ago

A buddy and I are planning on going and it will be our first pinexpo ever. We are planning on bringing a game each and being there the whole time. Any pointers or suggestions for newbies?

#25 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

In March, I took a game to the Milwaukee show to gain entrance to the after party like I've always done, but decided that's the last time. We were able to get plenty of time on the newest games during the day. I'm gettin' too old for that shit too.

#26 9 months ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

A buddy and I are planning on going and it will be our first pinexpo ever. We are planning on bringing a game each and being there the whole time. Any pointers or suggestions for newbies?

Wear good comfortable shoes. The concrete floor sucks the life out of you.

#27 9 months ago

I will be bringing the last of my Wizards for sale. 17 builds and 12 kits sold (TeamOne to Wizard conversions). Quite a 3 year project.

20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg20191225_122852_resized (resized).jpg
#28 9 months ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Take the time to do the factory tour. I've been multiple times. It's a fun experience.

#29 9 months ago
Quoted from Jake123:

We were first time expo attendees in 2022 and took the opportunity to visit Galloping Ghost Arcade in nearby Brookfield. Going to definitely make another stop this year and set aside more designated time for Galloping Ghost Pinball. An amazing experience.

#30 9 months ago

I'm here now. For some reason, no one at the hotel knows anything aboot eXpO 2023....
Maybe if I hang around the former Twin Peaks that is now a dispensary and more, ExPo will magically appear....

20230711_192441 (resized).jpg20230711_192441 (resized).jpg20230712_200915 (resized).jpg20230712_200915 (resized).jpg

#31 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm here now. For some reason, no one at the hotel knows anything aboot eXpO 2023....
Maybe I hang around the former Twin Peaks that is now a dispensary and more!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Expo is at the Renaissance in Schaumburg now, way better venue.

#32 9 months ago
Quoted from Sammer:

Expo is at the Renaissance in Schaumburg now, way better venue.

You're taking Bruce's comment a bit too seriously.

#33 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe I hang around the former Twin Peaks that is now a dispensary and more!
[quoted image][quoted image]

lol........

I liked the Westin, especially during the Bridal Show with a buncha 20-somethings getting all pumped up about The Big Day! (not).
Twin Peaks was nice being only a hundred yards away.

I get much more cardio at the new place though unfortunately.

#34 9 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

You're taking Bruce's comment a bit too seriously.

**face palm** hahaha guess I'm just excited and don't want anyone to miss it!!

#35 9 months ago

Tentative list of games...

Terminator 3 not for sale

The following will be for sale:

Bally PlayBoy
Big Guns
Spirit of '76
High Speed 2: The Getaway
Laser Cue

Bally Flip Flop to Project Pinball

#36 9 months ago

Does anyone know if they're providing transportation from the Renaissance Schaumberg to the Stern Factory Tour this year? I'm wondering if it makes sense to get in on Wednesday, play in the Enterrium tournament and spend one night near Stern to make it easy to shoot over there for the tour in the morning before relocating to the Expo hotel.

#37 9 months ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Does anyone know if they're providing transportation from the Renaissance Schaumberg to the Stern Factory Tour this year?

I don't think they had that last year.

As I recall jjp provided buses and tour.

#38 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think they had that last year.
As I recall jjp provided buses and tour.

Was the Stern tour a virtual tour last year? I was thinking that they changed to virtual last minute.

#39 9 months ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Does anyone know if they're providing transportation from the Renaissance Schaumberg to the Stern Factory Tour this year? I'm wondering if it makes sense to get in on Wednesday, play in the Enterrium tournament and spend one night near Stern to make it easy to shoot over there for the tour in the morning before relocating to the Expo hotel.

Stern is supposed to have a tour this year in the new facility. Normally Thursday Morning.

JJP tour last year was fun although that was the quietest I've ever seen a pinball facility. . Not much happening at the time..

#40 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

JJP tour last year was fun although that was the quietest I've ever seen a pinball facility. . Not much happening at the time..

Sounds like the 2008 tour at Stern. Things were so slow then that no line workers were there. They had a skeleton crew of management and designers there to do the tour. And even that took a while to organize. It was a pretty depressing tour.

#41 9 months ago

I will be bringing some games for sale unless they sell in advance:

Terminator 2
Terminator 3
Star Wars Episode 1
Hurricane
Capt. Fantastic

Tron arcade game

#42 9 months ago

looking for a Bally Night Rider EM to retheme...

#43 9 months ago

bangerjay will Pinball Olympics happen again this year? Expo highlight for sure!

#44 9 months ago

If pinball Olympics happens, that needs to be on your to do list at the very top. Actually, it’s the entire list.

#45 9 months ago

Bring back 24 hour arcade!

#46 9 months ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Bring back 24 hour arcade!

Sadly I don't think that will ever be a thing again, at least not as long as vendor & game space is intermingled (which I actually think is great for both halves). I'm just glad I was young & crazy enough to take advantage of the all-nighters when they existed.

#47 9 months ago

I just checked the hotel there and it said no rooms available. Maybe Rob has a block reserved and we just have to wait to hear from him?

#48 9 months ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I just checked the hotel there and it said no rooms available. Maybe Rob has a block reserved and we just have to wait to hear from him?

There were rooms, so maybe they are all booked. I believe that happened last year as well. There are several other hotels in the area that are very close..

#49 9 months ago

Try the Wyndham nearby, you can walk to the convention center from it (around the pond). I have a room there, half the price of the Marriott.

#50 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sadly I don't think that will ever be a thing again, at least not as long as vendor & game space is intermingled (which I actually think is great for both halves). I'm just glad I was young & crazy enough to take advantage of the all-nighters when they existed.

My very first Expo 20+ years ago, wife and I had dinner, went back to the room. It was probably 9pm and I was going crazy knowing all those games were downstairs.
"I'm gonna go play a few games, I'll be back in a little while".
Eventually I had to pee. I glance down the hall as I'm heading for the bathroom and it's starting to get light out. I run upstairs, there's a note on the bed - "Across the street at McDonald's". I hurry my ass over to the Golden Arches, she says "I didn't expect to see you again last night".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinball-expo-2023 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.