Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#19 1 year ago

Full disclosure, I only read about half the post, but even at that point I’m confused as to what happened here. Any way I can get a summary that doesn’t look like a copy paste of emails/pms with a different format?

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Wally had a Safe Cracker he put the chrome package on as well as a color DMD & Rad Cals, he also gave it a shop job/new rubbers. He put it up for 15k and nobody bit, then he put it back up for 13,500 and nobody offered to pay that price either. At the same time he had a couple other listings up for a Pair of Pinball 2000's, Right in the listing it said ''Better Deal if you buy both together'' That deal turned out to be 9k for the pair, I agreed as they seemed to be in great shape HUO. As we are talking about that there's the Safe Cracker ad still up. Wally tells me he has been getting low balled on it or offered to trade games he did not want that were in rough shape. Says with what he paid for it + the upgrades and his labor he has north of 12k into it and selling it for 13,500 he is lucky to net 800 bucks from the whole thing! Ok so that's 9 +13.5=22.5 for the package. I tell him ok but it is going to be broken up in a few payments and that's going to take some time for all the checks to show up. I send the first check for $7,500 then two more in the same envelope 5,000 & 2,500 with instructions to cash them a couple weeks apart. At this point he has received 15K from me when he say's I got somebody to offer me 15k for Safe Cracker (at the time I was coming down with Covid & There was a Hurricane on it's way down here to Florida) given that I told him I did not want my bad luck to cost him anything to take the 15k for Safe Cracker (Hence making an extra $1,500 for himself) and send me my 15k back, he said Send somebody to pick up the other two machines (The Pair of Pinball 2000's for 9k) and I'll send you the difference 15-9=$6,000 my change back down. So the following week I had the shippers pick them up and drop them at my place, however there was no check for the $6,000 in them and now the story has changed to me costing him $2,500 WHICH WAS CHANGED AGAIN FROM COSTING HIM $1,000 EARLIER IN THIS STORY!
    Appreciate you reading the whole thing and condensing it.
    Your points are correct
    Wally and I have done a lot of Business over the past couple years (That's The only way I sent him that much in checks to begin with)
    Wally and I BOTH agree he owe's me $6,000 (As he says this 5 Times in this conversation out of his own mouth)
    Just want what I have coming to me, the $6,000 that's owed.

You should have led with this post. This is much easier to understand what happened. Good luck on getting your money back, I hope it works out.

1 week later
    #287 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:Right..he doesn't know how to use the forum??? but he is Wally16 with using the forum..huh.interesting

Certainly knows how to use it well enough to post games for sale. How does he not know how to click and type, it’s literally that simple.

#295 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You realize this would never happen though, right? People are going to redirect everything to be about accidentally posting addresses and that someone said wally16 didn’t know how to use the forum… so he will still be considered the big bad guy here somehow, because no way in hell you’re gonna hear something from the mob like “Yeah… probably should have waited to see if there were more details.”

Quoted from poppapin:

Only problem, details came out 9 days later and not by Wally16.

Also, does it change the fact that Wally16 owed Joey $6,000 and dragged his feet repaying him? I still have not seen a side to the story that would warrant such a delayed payment.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

I don't care enough to plug all of the interactions into a timeline.. but my takeaway was that Wally was pending some time to make sure that the check cleared and $ were out. After that, The timeout was reset when Joey offered to buy the listed 6k Playboy... the offer declined, and it seemed like the check was mailed out shortly after that.

It appears to me, Joey was told he would get a refund on November 7th and expected the check when he received his 2 games on November 29th. He did not receive the check with the games and contacted Wally to start the additional conversations on when the check would be sent. At one point during the additional conversations Joey offers to buy the Playboy to make the payment/refund easier on Wally, but that does not reset the clock on when the refund was expected. All in all it would seem Joey has waited around 3 months for his refund, if he did indeed receive it this past week.

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Gentlemen The ''overnighted check'' (That Wally16 sent 5 day's ago) has finally arrived today.
    I went straight to a TD Bank and cashed it, The $6,005 dollars is in my hands. (Why he sent an extra $5 I'll never know)
    What I did was copy and paste Wally16 and I's FULL WORD FOR WORD EXCHANGE HERE ON THE PINSIDE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM, ONLY LEAVING OUT OF COURSE HIS PERSONAL ADDRESS AS WELL AS HIS BUSINESS NAME AND ADDRESS AND HIS CELL # AND FULL NAME (Wanted to respect the Man's PRIVACY)
    WHAT radiomoz DID WAS SLICE AND DICE A BUNCH OF CELL PHONE TEXT"S TAKE THEM OUT OF ORDER PUT THEM IN THE BLENDER AND SPIT IT OUT TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I WAS THE BAD GUY FOR ASKING FOR MY $6,000 GRAND BACK.
    Then put up my personal info, Thanks radiomoz I understand You are helping teach Wally16 how to screen shot...... however I'm not sure you should be the one showing him as you left out ALOT!!!
    ARE YOU GOING TO PUT UP THE WHOLE CONVERSATION OR SHOULD I?? Maybe You could show him how to mail an envelope while your at it.
    Then we got ThePinballCo-op another one of Wally16 Cheerleaders. who new from the very beginning Wally Had way to much cool stuff to rip anybody off!
    At least the Guy's mentioned above have some feed back, now take a good look at this one Vecna it's a freshly made profile with NO TRANSACTIONS AT ALL TO ANYONE...EVER! Judging by his posts he spends most of his time writing on Cartoons
    At the end of the day the Wally's out in Connecticut, I could have just had Lou & Anthony collect, Would have been a lot more satisfying then this Soap Opera.

I think enough has been said.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

IBTL. All Caps because I’m yelling too

You know none of us are going to get it.

#357 1 year ago

If you make an achievement they will come.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.