Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vecna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2121438-F379-4EB8-9ED8-C74B83B5D7E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    e01 (resized).jpg
    fat (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    sil.gif
    the-simpsons-stop.gif
    EBCBB67E-9DE0-4844-806F-217468E3CD10_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    wally88 (resized).png
    464581E5-5E69-423B-9568-4B082F6032D7 (resized).jpeg
    D7A8F822-D6C9-44E8-8F3B-BE5ACEFF0A49 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

That $5 was an old school F U

Yes, it was.

Quoted from JoeJet:

That said I would steer clear of both

Yes, I would too.

Quoted from JoeJet:

Holy crap what drama

Yes, with selective information.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

That $5 was an old school F U.
    That said I would steer clear of both. Holy crap what drama.

That's the kinda F U that I enjoy receiving! This new school shit is not as cool.

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

At the end of the day Wally's out in Connecticut, I could have just had Lou & Anthony collect, Would have been a lot more satisfying

Joey, sorry, but at the end of the day, you turned out to be a real "wanna be". The only Lou & Anthony you know of own a pizza joint down your block. Yo, you wanna slice and a Coke there Joey?

I certainly do not condone Wally16 holding your money for 2 plus months, but there was too many missing parts to this whole story. Things that you were directly asked about that you conveniently skipped over. Many of your plays were right out of the GWJ book as someone else had mentioned.

That all being said, IBTL!

#354 1 year ago

Not doing business with either of these bozos. Time to shut it down

#355 1 year ago

Does "IBTL" still apply when a thread is on its 8th page?

I mean...there are already 355 posts here that are "in before the lock" so what's the point?

#356 1 year ago

I never understood the need to post IBTL on a shitty thread that is about to be locked.

Is it that gratifying to be the last post on a dying thread?

#357 1 year ago

If you make an achievement they will come.

#358 1 year ago

I'm glad Joey got the check, but what if it bounces? No need to lock this up.

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like how a bunch of giant-fonted incoherent texts have been posted third-hand that makes absolutely nothing clear and a bunch of Wally's (I think?) cronies are coming in hard with
    SEE WE TOLD YOU SO WHERE'S OUR APOLOGY?!?!
    None of this makes any sense, it's like hearing a few dudes tell us a third-hand account about two old men they know arguing about a sandwich at a deli on Sunday morning.
    I've just come to the conclusion that the only thing that makes any sense here are sonofadiddly's endless pleas for the thread to end. It's like, a guy is sick of the thread, and wants it to go away. That's the kind of simple concept we can grasp.
    The rest of this shit definitely seems like some kind of a dispute over the TV at a nursing home. I hope the one guy gets his money back and the other guy who regularly posts ads here learns how to make posts on Pinside and that sonofadiddly gets his wish.
    Also, I have a Stern Playboy I'll gladly to Joey, it's even got the full bush pictures installed. Please have a friend of a friend PM me about it and we can start talking about mailing checks!

The bush pictures were why I offered to take Playboy as payment in the first place

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

It appears to me, Joey was told he would get a refund on November 7th and expected the check when he received his 2 games on November 29th. He did not receive the check with the games and contacted Wally to start the additional conversations on when the check would be sent. At one point during the additional conversations Joey offers to buy the Playboy to make the payment/refund easier on Wally, but that does not reset the clock on when the refund was expected. All in all it would seem Joey has waited around 3 months for his refund, if he did indeed receive it this past week.

Bingo

#361 1 year ago

IBTL2

#362 1 year ago

Finally resolved.

#363 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'm glad Joey got the check, but what if it bounces? No need to lock this up.

I went straight to a TD Bank and cashed it, The $6,005 dollars is in my hands.

#364 1 year ago

oh god no it's still going

#365 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

oh god no it's still going

If you really want it to end you need to type "IBTL"

#366 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #367 1 year ago

eye bee tee ell

#368 1 year ago

Has anyone made an "I want the X minutes of my life that I spent reading this thread back" post yet?

#369 1 year ago

the-simpsons-stop.gifthe-simpsons-stop.gif

#370 1 year ago
    sil.gifsil.gif
    #371 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Has anyone made an "I want the X minutes of my life that I spent reading this thread back" post yet?

Life is short. Make better choices.

#374 1 year ago

Summary to maybe save some folks a lot of time:

Joey was wronged but finally got his $6k back - really needs to learn how to summarize using bullets and salient facts when posting

Wally finally did the right thing after a lot of drama - but at great expense to his reputation. Most reasonable people would have to be concerned about his behavior and doing business with him

In the end this is a sad story of how simple things can quickly devolve and why so many people only deal cash on the glass

#375 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

Summary to maybe save some folks a lot of time:
    Joey was wronged but finally got his $6k back - really needs to learn how to summarize using bullets and salient facts when posting
    Wally finally did the right thing after a lot of drama - but at great expense to his reputation. Most reasonable people would have to be concerned about his behavior and doing business with him
    In the end this is a sad story of how simple things can quickly devolve and why so many people only deal cash on the glass

This is pretty misleading. The check was in fact in the mail prior to Joey making this post.

Apparently giving someone an extra $5 is an old fashioned bird.

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

This is pretty misleading. The check was in fact in the mail prior to Joey making this post.
    Apparently giving someone an extra $5 is an old fashioned bird.

The Check went into the mail AFTER the post BECAUSE of the post.

#377 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

After thinking about this, what did Wally really lose? A dozen or so of us whack job Pinsiders saying we would never do business him? And we are all scattered all over the U.S.? So what? He is in the New England area and probably doesn't need a single one of us for sales.

As far as the poor Wally doesn't know how to post? I say that's a fresh load of Texas style bullshit. The guy has been reading this thread every day. He can text, he can email, he can sell on Pinside, yeah, he can post too. This whole thing was purposely done and Wally even said so by saying you will get your money when I am ready to send it. Do I agree that was the way it should have been handled? Absolutely not. But the last laugh absolutely was had by Wally due to the fact there was gaping holes in the one sided story and it was ended on his terms.

#378 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230207-133902 (resized).png
    #379 1 year ago
    Quoted from bdw85:

For future reference - the next time you post screenshots of a conversation resize/crop the screenshots and put them all in one post. Reading all of that almost felt like a punishment.

Better still, scale down the screen text size before taking screenshots and you won't have to post 800 of them!

#381 1 year ago

The Check went into the mail AFTER the post BECAUSE of the post.

Must have missed that page of extra large screenshots. I thought there was some kind of delay in the mail?

Whatever, I definitely don't think this post pressured the seller into anything.

#382 1 year ago
    fat (resized).jpgfat (resized).jpg
    #387 1 year ago

Just give me the damn achievement

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Just give me the damn achievement

There's another thread for this.

#389 1 year ago

Me, with my IBTL achievement laughing at the peasants and beggars without it

e01 (resized).jpge01 (resized).jpg
    #390 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

There's another thread for this.

Theres another thread for everything.

#391 1 year ago

IBTL

50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif50E5938F-74DB-4B60-8D16-8279CC4A2204.gif
    #392 1 year ago
    A72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpegA72A05A3-08FC-45EB-A844-5BC597C69D90 (resized).jpeg
    #393 1 year ago

Maybe as a fu, the mods won't lock the thread.
    Infact, I'd find it satisfying

#394 1 year ago

Wally16 responded on 2021-10-19 16:23:10

“Joe I appreciate your business I love selling my machine to guys like you you’re a true collector and you appreciate beautiful machine thank you”

On that note...LOCK IT

#398 1 year ago

So what happened here?

#399 1 year ago

Wally told me to post this....

346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg346cd0fcd80e66837dd85ae878c329d798a48b98 (resized).jpeg
    #400 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-is-in-the-mail/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.