(Topic ID: 49590)

Captains Arcade Auction Results 5/4

By surfsidedetail

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Anyone have hammer prices for the games today at auction?

Thanks in advance

#2 10 years ago

It's still going on. You can get on www.bidspotter.com and look at all the hammer prices. Once the auction ends, the prices go away.

There were a lot of pins there. Depending on one's opinion, these did not go for cheap. Seemed like there were some retailers buying these so some people must think there is more money to be made off these machines. At least from what I could tell. There were two project Creechs', and three very nice AF's. The RBION was pretty nice, as were a number of the other pins which were at least clean and working. There were some dogs in the bunch, like the Gilligans Island pins and some others that needed work. I think there were about 70 pins total.

Post edited by laryans : chacne

#3 10 years ago

How often do they have this auction?

#4 10 years ago

The auctions are every 2-3 months. You can bid on line and the games can be shipped anywhere.

#5 10 years ago

I was at the auction, and must say that although there were a handful of deals, most machines went high. VERY high. I composed an Excel spreadsheet that has the sale price, sale price + 15% buyers premium, sale price + BP +sales tax. I figured out the buyer's premium at 15%, as this is what it was at the auction, but the internet bidders actually paid an 18% premium (so you may want to jazz up the numbers on the ones that actually sold over the net), and a column that showers the seller's net (seller pays 15% commission as well). Looks like the auctioneer's business is making 30% on each and every game that sold. Not bad!

I would say that the clear majority of the pins were pretty nice. Yes, there were some dogs-probably the last dozen or so were iffy at best, but there were buyers for every one of those, too. Just goes to show that one man's junk really is another one's treasure.

EDIT: I see that I cannot put up the Excel spreadsheet, so if anybody would like it, just PM me with your email and I can send it to you.

Post edited by jimw917 : Add more info

#6 10 years ago

Hmm can't add pics at the moment, nevermind!

#7 10 years ago

Crummy highlights.

#8 10 years ago

I know, sorry! Can't upload photos right now! It's too bad because that blown out DESW cab that everyone's always talking about was there, and some other beauties.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

Most of it is back on ebay already, like the DESW: Ebay link

With the buyers premium plus tax, it cost just under 1900.00

It's selling for 2900.00

Looks like a profit motive to me! Good luck with that one!

#11 10 years ago

I think it was a buyback.

#12 10 years ago

jimw917 pm sent for the spreadsheet. Thanks Mike

#13 10 years ago

Oh yeah, these auctions turned into a joke. Same overpriced ebay-destined stuff every time. I just enjoy seeing that many titles together on free play and running into some of my favorite pin-folk; you'd have to be sorta out of your mind to go there planning to buy. Found a pizza place nearby with six pins and a handful of decent beers, so...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

I think it was a buyback.

It is definitely a buyback, I have been keeping a close eye on this...

#15 10 years ago

If anyone wants the Excel sheet I've put it up (with Jim's permission, thanks) for download here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/auction-excel.zip

#16 10 years ago

I am closer. Glad I missed this one.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Oh yeah, these auctions turned into a joke. Same overpriced ebay-destined stuff every time. I just enjoy seeing that many titles together on free play and running into some of my favorite pin-folk; you'd have to be sorta out of your mind to go there planning to buy. Found a pizza place nearby with six pins and a handful of decent beers, so...

Yeah, it's only worth going to shoot the shit....and to stop by Loving Hut afterwards to get their amazing jackfruit salad.

All consignments
    All shill bidding
    Not a "real" auction

#18 10 years ago

in my opinion there is nothing worse than a professional flipper. typically they don't employ anyone, they don't pay taxes on the money they make and they cause prices to increase. I hope he loses his shirt!!!

#19 10 years ago

I bought a third Hydro Thunder through a proxy bid for about $300 including fees. I feel alright with that, but those pins were nuts!!!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it's only worth going to shoot the shit....and to stop by Loving Hut afterwards to get their amazing jackfruit salad.
    All consignments
    All shill bidding
    Not a "real" auction

Unfortunately this is what the arcade auction scene has become here. There was plenty of junk at Superauctions but at least it was an auction.

#21 10 years ago

Does anyone know what the Global VR Nascar went for?

#22 10 years ago

I think it went for $1,300. You are talking about the game that was #3 or 4 in the first row of machines, right?

I thought the most interesting video game they had there was the SF IV. You never see those for sale at auctions. It went for $500. Unfortunately I believe you have to buy another cab with the game installed in it, and link the cabs together in order to play a two player game.

#23 10 years ago

Nice job on the spreadsheet. The only part that might not be correct is how much the seller of the pin gets. I've never sold a pin there but from what I understand he charges 15% with a $100.00 cap on the sale of a machine.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it's only worth going to shoot the shit

I go for the fresh coat of dirt.

#25 10 years ago

I stopped bidding a few months back after I kept seeing the exact same games in the auction time and time again. The owner is fully aware of what's going on too.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

It is definitely a buyback, I have been keeping a close eye on this...

for what its worth that game with the terrible cabinet actually plays well(even with left flipper completely missing any rubber)..the playfield has one wear mark above right flipper but the rest is good...all playfield components work...that being said I offered the guy $1200 and he countered offered 2200...still too much but at 1200 or so it would be a fun play

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captains-arcade-auction-results-54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.