(Topic ID: 206169)

Can I use my Bostitch Air Compressor with my Air brushing?

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171229-093853 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    air077914061151 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Got a question I was reading VID's playfield restoration (great read) and there was a link to Harbor Freight's air brush. Along with it was a row of items bought with the air brush. A 1/6 & 1/5 hp compressor were listed, but I wondered if mine (see picture below) would be ok or is it to much for the air brush? I have not bought an air brush yet.

air077914061151 (resized).jpgair077914061151 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Will work just fine.

#3 6 years ago

You need a filter/dryer on that compressor to get good results with the airbrush, they are easily purchased though.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Put an inexpensive regulator on the end of your hose near the airbrush to control the air at the point of use, not just at the compressor.
    Vid's guide goes over this tip.
    I use a 30 gallon compressor with my HF airbrush all the time.

Screenshot_20171229-093853 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171229-093853 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-use-my-bostitch-air-compressor-with-my-air-brushing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.