You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 months ago

In the hope of getting the match unit to award replays, I cleaned and lubed the circuit board on the tens score reel and I did the same on the fs relay. This made the match lights on the back box to light up more consistently, but did not cure awarding a replay for matching- the knocker knocks, but no credits added. What happened next was- the 10’s score reel struggled to reset, it took 10-20 seconds to reset, and has been working that way for the last month. Now it doesn’t even attempt to reset ( it scores fine- but totally dead on the reset) My thoughts were, I put too much tension on the the metal contacts that move across the circuit board, so I reduced the tension and it did nothing- I took the reel apart today and saw nothing out of the ordinary- eos switch looks ok- I didn’t touch the AX, so I guess my question is- what did I do to possibly cause this problem and what am I possibly overlooking? The fs switch is spinning and spinning while the tens wheel doesn’t even try to move. Any ideas about what I should check would be appreciated.

IMG_2300 (resized).jpegIMG_2300 (resized).jpegIMG_2301 (resized).jpegIMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 months ago

Thx Howard- does anyone know- is the tens unit runout in the back box or bottom board?

#4 3 months ago

Just my guess before the expert weighs in. If you follow the green red wire from the JX relay it should go to the runout switch in the 10’s score reel. Both are in the back box, and motor 1A is in the cabinet on the score motor.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Judoratt:

Just my guess before the expert weighs in. If you follow the green red wire from the JX relay it should go to the runout switch in the 10’s score reel. Both are in the back box, and motor 1A is in the cabinet on the score motor.

Ah- got it- thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buccaneer-tens-score-reel-wont-reset?hl=judoratt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.