• Latest reply 1 year ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I have a Chicago coin Red Baron. Last problem to fix is the game over lights. Game plays fine and ends at the proper time, but the game over lights behind the backglass will not light. I looked at the game over relay and that is fine. Any other ideas where I can look? Bulbs are good so. Thank for the ideas!!!

#2 3 years ago

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi, I have a Chicago coin Red Baron. Last problem to fix is the game over lights. Game plays fine and ends at the proper time, but the game over lights behind the backglass will not light. I looked at the game over relay and that is fine. Any other ideas where I can look? Bulbs are good so. Thank for the ideas!!!

Test the socket itself by jumping it to a known good one.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys for the ideas. I especially appreciate the jumper idea. I always worry about jumping things, because I don’t want to mess things up more.

The problem is fixed and I will document how I tracked it down for future reference.

I jumped from a working light to the non working light. It worked. So I jumped from the game over same colored wire to the non working light and that worked also, so something between the game over relay and the light was causing it not to work. I went to the connectors between the body and head. Found the same colored wire in the bundle and found a loose connection in the connector.

Thanks again for the help. Brian.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

So I jumped from the game over same colored wire to the non working light and that worked also, so something between the game over relay and the light was causing it not to work. I went to the connectors between the body and head. Found the same colored wire in the bundle and found a loose connection in the connector.

Well done BBC !! I couldn't have said it better.

3 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

I got it there was a bad connection on the NC tilt relay. thank you so much for the help!

2 years later
#7 1 year ago

Thanks!!! A slight switch adjustment and all perfect. Any tips for future in locating a circuit on schematic in the machine ? Seems like my biggest challenge.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ahgross:

Any tips for future in locating a circuit on schematic in the machine ?

That depends on what you're looking for. For example to find the circuit for a coil, you can usually find that coil's location on the legend on the schematic. For example, the Chicago Coin Red Baron legend is on the schematic at L24.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

That depends on what you're looking for. For example to find the circuit for a coil, you can usually find that coil's location on the legend on the schematic. For example, the Chicago Coin Red Baron legend is on the schematic at L24.

How about switches?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from ahgross:

How about switches?

Can you give an example?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.