Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

A video of the long-anticipated mod to BoP that includes new rules and a DMD. I'm looking forward to this mod because there's a BoP not too far from me and it looks like it would be a fun project.

The DMD animations look especially polished.

#2 11 years ago

The mod was done very nicely, but the music was really annoying. I would have preferred keeping the old callouts if possible.

#3 11 years ago

Amazing job, animations look better than some other recent game (I'll leave it at that).

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The mod was done very nicely, but the music was really annoying. I would have preferred keeping the old callouts if possible.

They probably don't have the rights to use any of the old sounds, logos or voice acting.

#5 11 years ago

I love everything except the music (didn't hear the voice).

The music is very much what makes a Bop so awesome and would likely be a deal breaker for me - unless there were a method that the developer could put in place to put the music and voice on a separate rom with enough spacing between samples so that someone could simply replace the samples and not worry about address boundary issues.

Hint hint hint

#6 11 years ago

Or a method to easily flip flop from the new DMD game back to the original rules and sounds.

#7 11 years ago

Looking really special....loving this upgrade/MOD project. I'm happy it has different music/voices/sounds/call outs....it needs to be a totally different experience. And you can switch back to the original BOP rule sets and all if needed. It's like having 2 games for 1 machine.....totally FAR OUT!

I don't want to wait a year for this project to come to fruition.....but I certainly will! I know this isn't there day jobs....and I see there passion here. I shall be patient

#8 11 years ago

Now if we could just watch someone who plays better!

#9 11 years ago

not digging the sounds either, but the animation is amazing. Quite possibly the best DMD animation I've ever seen. Wonder if they'll make it easily programmable so you could insert the original sounds back in somehow.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Or a method to easily flip flop from the new DMD game back to the original rules and sounds.

You mean like this?

I too wish they could somehow integrate the original music and voice calls into the new software. It will be impossible to top that, short of hiring Chris Granner. At least it is easy to switch back when you start to miss the original.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You mean like this?

Now that is Sweet!

#12 11 years ago

That's definitely cool that you can switch back and forth with the original and the Dutch pin version but agree that the background music on the new version is a bit of a buzzkill.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You mean like this? » YouTube video
I too wish they could somehow integrate the original music and voice calls into the new software. It will be impossible to top that, short of hiring Chris Granner. At least it is easy to switch back when you start to miss the original.

Ok. That's pretty sweet.

#14 11 years ago

When are we going to be able to buy this?

#15 11 years ago

Those dmd animations are great. And talk about making the score nice and large.

It does seem like a totally different game but if you get 2 games in one that will be huge.

#16 11 years ago

The video posted by the OP in this topic has bad sound quality and was recorded in a noisy room. We will post a video soon of the person who got the Grand Champion score this weekend, at that time the room was still relatively quiet so you will be able to judge the sound better.

Cheers, Koen

#17 11 years ago

can't wait. i have a Bride that i would love to upgrade!!

#18 11 years ago

That animation is outstanding! I will definitely be upgrading my bride!

#19 11 years ago

Im in as soon as the kit is ready!!!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They probably don't have the rights to use any of the old sounds, logos or voice acting.

In the video Barry just posted (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-bride-of-pinbot-gameplay-video-2012), I could hear some of the original callouts ("Abort, abort" and "Mission control, standing by"), unless there was another BoP in the room at the time.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

unless there was another BoP in the room at the time.

There wasn't.

Aeneas.

#22 11 years ago

This is amazing work! Jealous does not begin to describe how I feel towards those that can program this kind of stuff.

I will learn how to do it, and I will make my very own Futurama pin. I need to keep telling myself this over and over.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-with-dmd-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.